cifordayzserver

SMD Sahrani A3 - Bohemia's Sahrani Terrain as ported by SMD

Are there any new updates? Seems like its been awhile since it was updated. I personally love Sahrani (I've been playing on the CUP version), it makes for an excellent stand-in for a more modern western terrain and has a wide enough space for proper campaigns. The only bad thing about it is the lack of enterable buildings, which kind of limits gameplay in the urban areas.

2 hours ago, pognivet said:

did u ever fix the skybox/apex lighting

Last I loaded the game in it was not fixed sadly. Though it has been a while.

The latest release of CUP Terrains is very impressive. Zargabad is amazing now. I hope that the Sahrani terrain is updated soon, SMD was very impressive but not very pretty now as mentioned above. Great work by original author, was my favorite terrain until Apex :(

• Like 3

You can follow the instructions at the following link to make a "Do it Yourself" Fix to get rid of the black sky issue. 

Roughnecks!

• Like 1

I completely updated all the lighting and weather on the map to the new standards. I might also try to fix the footstep sound problem and dust problem.

Is it alright if I upload it? This thread seems to be totally dead and nobody seems to be working on the map anymore.

I got so frustrated that I decided to do it myself, but I'm sure that there's thousands of other frustrated people out there who don't know how to do it themselves that would like this cool updated version of the map.

It's not great, but it's the best I could do for now:

Day:

Spoiler

LE1TCys.jpg

Night:

Spoiler

YJWIral.jpg

• Like 7

Sorry for no updates, just been very busy in real life. Probably not going to change enough for me to make any commitment to picking this back up.

What I will likely do is talk to some of the other CUP guys about integrating the SMD building position changes into the CUP Sahrani. The textures/clutter blends will likely just get left to this standalone version,

If I were to pick up the project I'd probably do it more in the tone of Malden 2033, IE make drastic changes to the towns/cities... but again, just don't see having enough free time to commit to something like that.

Hopefully we can get all the corrected building locations ported over to the CUP version, and MAYBE even onto CUP United Sahrani too

In the meantime, it is kind of silly IMO to UL this to steam since it will still require CUP Terrains... making it pretty redundant.

If there is serious interest, I will try to keep it on the list of "one day" projects, but either way I'm going to try to get CUP sorted first, I think that still has issues with the dust/footstep effects too...

+++

Edit

It's totally fine to UL whatever mods to make this work BTW. SMD Sahrani can not/should not be uploaded to Steam, but anyone can make any add on mod for it and do whatever they like with that

• Like 8

17 hours ago, cifordayzserver said:

Sorry for no updates, just been very busy in real life. Probably not going to change enough for me to make any commitment to picking this back up.

What I will likely do is talk to some of the other CUP guys about integrating the SMD building position changes into the CUP Sahrani. The textures/clutter blends will likely just get left to this standalone version,

If I were to pick up the project I'd probably do it more in the tone of Malden 2033, IE make drastic changes to the towns/cities... but again, just don't see having enough free time to commit to something like that.

Hopefully we can get all the corrected building locations ported over to the CUP version, and MAYBE even onto CUP United Sahrani too

In the meantime, it is kind of silly IMO to UL this to steam since it will still require CUP Terrains... making it pretty redundant.

If there is serious interest, I will try to keep it on the list of "one day" projects, but either way I'm going to try to get CUP sorted first, I think that still has issues with the dust/footstep effects too...

+++

Edit

It's totally fine to UL whatever mods to make this work BTW. SMD Sahrani can not/should not be uploaded to Steam, but anyone can make any add on mod for it and do whatever they like with that

well i respect your wishes. here's the the sole pbo file i edited. like i said im not an expert with lighting configs, in fact this was my first time ever doing one and i didnt even know what i was doing at all. im sure someone could improve on my work, but for now its good enough to at least play a few missions:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fusvi9hbs9hqa3c/smd_sahrani_a3.7z

feel free to rehost or do whatever with it you want.

• Like 4

Thanks for your work, now I can, after a long wait, finally a remake for A3, from the campaign Sahrani Conflict Designing. :thumbsup:

On the SMD Sahrani Island, driving the AI is much better on the roads and even across the bridges. At the CUP Sahrani, this is not yet so good, AI Chaos. :dozingoff:

Thanks to the SMD team and pognivet. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 2

Hello,
If the SMD team has no objection. Can I upload the AddOns (map_smd_sahrani_a3_scenes) (map_smd_sahrani_a3_world) for the transition time for all.
I do not want to improve anything, I think once the SMD team has more time there will be a better SMD Sahrani A3. :f:

Thanks to the SMD team and pognivet. :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Da ich vom Autor SMD-Team keine Antwort erhalten habe, gehe ich davon aus, dass es keine Einwände gegen meine Created AddOns gibt.

Ich beziehe mich auf diesen Antwort Autor von SMD-Team. Danke an das SMD-Team und pognivet.

Google Drive

• Thanks 2

I'd love to see this as well as ArmA 2 maps be added into ArmA 3 seeing as they've already put Malden into ArmA 3. I even wish all the scenarios could be moved over.

CUP terrains has all the A1/A2 and OFP islands in Arma 3, that's why this project was essentially abandoned. (that and time constraints in real life).

On 4/27/2018 at 2:21 PM, cifordayzserver said:

CUP terrains has all the A1/A2 and OFP islands in Arma 3, that's why this project was essentially abandoned. (that and time constraints in real life).

I love that they've included all those terrains, even the obscure ones like the "desert island" terrain from OFP, but they have many problems. Your version of Sahrani is truly a masterpiece that many people appreciate to the utmost. It absolutely blows the CUP version out of the water in every regard and I have the highest praise for your vision of it including, and especially, the custom structures.

No hate on the CUP team because they've done a lot of good work as well, but I advise anyone reading this to not even waste time with the CUP version of Sahrani because you'll only frustrate yourself. I will never use another version of Sahrani other than SMD. It is perfect. It is sublime. Everything works like a Swiss watch.

I wish you the best on whatever it is you're dealing with in real life.

10 minutes ago, pognivet said:

No hate on the CUP team because they've done a lot of good work as well, but I advise anyone reading this to not even waste time with the CUP version of Sahrani because you'll only frustrate yourself. I will never use another version of Sahrani other than SMD. It is perfect. It is sublime. Everything works like a Swiss watch.

Instead of just complaining about CUP Sahrani, why don't you do something constructive and write your objective problems with it down in the CUP bugtracker?

3 minutes ago, NeoArmageddon said:

I never got fustrated playing on CUP Sahrani... 

Instead of just complaining about CUP Sahrani, why don't you do something constructive and write your objective problems with it down in the CUP bugtracker?

I believe that I already have. Don't take me pointing out the obvious as "complaining". I'm not the first person to talk about it and I definitely won't be the last. The first time you spend a few hours working out a complex mission only for the AI to drive suicidally into the ocean instead of using a 150 foot long bridge it can arise some feelings.

On 7/22/2018 at 9:29 AM, pognivet said:

I believe that I already have. Don't take me pointing out the obvious as "complaining". I'm not the first person to talk about it and I definitely won't be the last. The first time you spend a few hours working out a complex mission only for the AI to drive suicidally into the ocean instead of using a 150 foot long bridge it can arise some feelings.

Having just looked on the tracker, i can only see three tickets relating to Sahrani, two of which are to do with specific object misalignment and one with about some mysterious lights. So how is anybody supposed to even begin to fix things that are not written down and told about. :) 

Hi, does this SMD Sahrani A3 considered to be an improved/heavily modified Sahrani island compared to the one in CUP map pack? Will the missions made for CUP Sahrani be easily port to this SMD Sahrani A3?Thanks:down: