cifordayzserver

SMD Sahrani A3 - Bohemia's Sahrani Terrain as ported by SMD

I'm sorry but I can't properly spawn a single boat in the sea on this map...

Altitude of the boats: 0

Date: 8th of July 2007, 06:50 AM

i have a MCC template i use for SMD, i spawn boats no problem. though its on my host game.

Hello I have a problem with your map SMD_a3  last version, the problem is when I do typeofcursor target he does not return me anything ,have I changed in the buildings / confing cpp / have put the scope in 2, but nevertheless when I point at a house he does not return me anything, you might help me with this?,your version A2 is ok that of arma 3 also returns me the classname well, but your version SMD_a3 does not return me anything,  a greeting.

Sorry for my english .

Hello I have a problem with your map SMD_a3  last version, the problem is when I do typeofcursor target he does not return me anything ,have I changed in the buildings / confing cpp / have put the scope in 2, but nevertheless when I point at a house he does not return me anything, you might help me with this?,your version A2 is ok that of arma 3 also returns me the classname well, but your version SMD_a3 does not return me anything,  a greeting.

Sorry for my english .

Not sure, you shouldn't even have to change the config, I've just checked on my local install and the camera module identifies all the buildings I checked both SMD one's and CA one's from AiA

Not sure, you shouldn't even have to change the config, I've just checked on my local install and the camera module identifies all the buildings I checked both SMD one's and CA one's from AiA

yes ,with the camera if he returns the p3d, the problem is when I do cursortarget that he does not return me anything, and cannot interact with her for script

First of all, have to say I love this mod. Sahrani remains one of my favourite maps in the Arma/OFP series, you're doing a great job bring it back to life.

Secondly, I'm curious as to how difficult would it be to create a version of Sahrani with more ocean around it? Sahrani is on a 20kmx20km map and Altis is on 30kmx30km. Could Sahrani be moved onto a larger map, without making the actual landmass any bigger?

The reason I ask is now that aircraft are a lot more fun since the Arma 1 days, it would be nice to have a bit more room to move around, ie taking off from carriers and that sort of thing. Is there a maximum size the actual map, not the island can be? Thanks!

Cheers

Chops

I found an interesting bug. You can not swim to the shore to get to it, if you are not a diver. Do not let an invisible wall.

Great, absolutely lovely map. Love the tides.

As good as it is, it's simply unplayable. We used it only for one mission, because the map kept constantly crashing on us.

After 1.50 Arma update this map is unplayable. Server and clients have crashes all the time. With and without AI.

Please fix, we played many hours on this map! :)

• Like 1

So I agree with the above comments, it would appear that we get random crashes from time , possibly as its no longer compatible with latest versions of Arma 3? I am hoping its a straight forward fix, I am including the error message we get when it crashes:

Please click here for error code

Please help with this as I am really looking to use this on a server for the public pleasure.

So, it has something to do with memory handling asfaik. Change to the tbb4 w/o sse2 support and it seemed to work?

I'm not running a server though. I'm just not really setup to test any of the server side stuff. I'm not sure what/why the issues started with 1.5, but I'm fairly sure it's out of my control.

Please try changing the memory allocator and see if that works and let me know.

Sending the minidumps created might help BI figure it out?

Same issue here. You might want to try with 1.52 RC too see if it fixes the issue (has they modified the memory allocator)

So, it has something to do with memory handling asfaik. Change to the tbb4 w/o sse2 support and it seemed to work?

I'm not running a server though. I'm just not really setup to test any of the server side stuff. I'm not sure what/why the issues started with 1.5, but I'm fairly sure it's out of my control.

Please try changing the memory allocator and see if that works and let me know.

Sending the minidumps created might help BI figure it out?

Allocator definitely helped, but didn't solve the problem. Still crashing, both server and clients. Crashes notably more clients with weaker PCs and no allocators.

Same issue here. You might want to try with 1.52 RC too see if it fixes the issue (has they modified the memory allocator)

Did someone tried this already?

1.52 fixed the crash issues :)

Are you sure ? I tried to create a new mission on Sahrani today and I never had that many crashes in 3 hours of Arma since alpha...

May be 1.52 improved the situation a little bit but I fear this map is far from beeing playable again, sadly... :( 

1.52 fixed the crash issues :)

please don't report things you know anything about, 1.52 did not fix this issue.. map authors need to look into it and fix, watching this post for a while, it looks like the authors have given up on supporting this map, either that or they don't have the knowledge to fix it ? shame such great amount of work gone into this yet its not playable due to this error.

please don't report things you know anything about, 1.52 did not fix this issue.. map authors need to look into it and fix, watching this post for a while, it looks like the authors have given up on supporting this map, either that or they don't have the knowledge to fix it ? shame such great amount of work gone into this yet its not playable due to this error.

Cifor hasn't given up, he is the one working on CUP terrain. His improvements on Sahrani will mostly be transfered into CUP.

Are you sure ? I tried to create a new mission on Sahrani today and I never had that many crashes in 3 hours of Arma since alpha...

May be 1.52 improved the situation a little bit but I fear this map is far from beeing playable again, sadly... :(

I tried to reproduce a crash for 30 minutes with my test mission that used to crash every time I moved the camera somewhere rapidly, and yet didn't manage to crash once.

Might be because I use tbb4 malloc?

How did you guys crash it? I was working really hard to make it pop.

I did nothing special. I was just creating a mission in the Corazol area. My different crashes were not initiated by anything that I could repro, sorry...

I did nothing special other than, update my server and client to latest 1.52 (exile server) joined the server just fine, started running round and within 5 mins I got the error and it crashed.

Care to test it with malloc? It might be what's helped for me. Any word from map devs?

if you mean set launcher in arma 3, then I have this value in it already :

-malloc=system

I made a ticket on bugtracker: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=26105

Please, vote if you interested in working island.

Update:

It looks like the issue was fixed in CUP Sahrani Island.

If you want to play on Sahrani island, you need to install CUP Terrain Pack instead of AiA Terrain Pack.

Sahrani island is already part of CUP Terrain Pack.

http://cup-arma3.org/downloads/download-terrains-pack/

I tired it with uploading @CUP_Sahrani and I couldn't even get the server to run.

The lack of support on this map has put me off, I will wait until someone takes ownership and makes this even better, its not playable at all. 

I tired it with uploading @CUP_Sahrani and I couldn't even get the server to run.

The lack of support on this map has put me off, I will wait until someone takes ownership and makes this even better, its not playable at all. 

Don't blame the modder. As far as I understood, BiS changed something in the memory management that is crippling this map.

If you want support, open a ticket on BiS side.