randomslap

[WIP] Lockheed Martin's F35B Lightning II STOVL

Hey my bad for not updating everyone and you have the right reason to ask. I keep disappearing due to my status as of right now. I don't really go on my computer or play ArmA anymore because I'm busy working on my "racecar". I just lost interest in modding but I think I will let someone take over. I can ask Fuller if he is interested or someone that is experienced in modding. If anyone that is experienced in modding and interested in finishing this project PM me and I will see what I can do (I want this mod in the right hands). With my current status in life I don't think I can finish this mod. Sorry for all those that have been anticipating for the release. I will figure out a way to release the F35B but as of right now please be patient. I will try to update you guys on what's going on and what will happen with this mod.

Just a suggestion but the Naval Warfare team are going to make a F35B, they havent started yet so maybe they would like to use it?

Hey my bad for not updating everyone and you have the right reason to ask. I keep disappearing due to my status as of right now. I don't really go on my computer or play ArmA anymore because I'm busy working on my "racecar". I just lost interest in modding but I think I will let someone take over. I can ask Fuller if he is interested or someone that is experienced in modding. If anyone that is experienced in modding and interested in finishing this project PM me and I will see what I can do (I want this mod in the right hands). With my current status in life I don't think I can finish this mod. Sorry for all those that have been anticipating for the release. I will figure out a way to release the F35B but as of right now please be patient. I will try to update you guys on what's going on and what will happen with this mod.

@Randomslap sad to hear that ;-; I hope the mod will go into the right hands and do what you need to do :) as long as the development keeps goin' (which it will well probably 99.99999999999% haha) I am happy and others will be too probably. Have fun with your "racecar" :D

• Like 1

I won't let the F35B die look for some screens here soon.

Yes thank you fuller! :D  I hope there is compatibility with your mod and this :DDD

I have taken it in I will update this post

Happy to hear this ;) good work!

I won't let the F35B die look for some screens here soon.

Thanks fuller, its in good hands 

• Like 2

Thank Fuller! I presume it will be released standalone from USAF pack? I'd rather not make the guys download a huge modpack for a single aircraft we'd like :)

I have taken it in I will update this post

@Sgt Fuller

As you are now in charge of the F35B, I would like to ask you whether you approve VTOL or not? Of course it's not a priority and I would be thankful if it's going to be released at all anytime soon, but me personally would be happy to see VTOL capabilities.

Thank Fuller! I presume it will be released standalone from USAF pack? I'd rather not make the guys download a huge modpack for a single aircraft we'd like :)

It will be standalone from the USAF MOD although it will use the USAF Mod weapons box

• Like 2

@Sgt Fuller

As you are now in charge of the F35B, I would like to ask you whether you approve VTOL or not? Of course it's not a priority and I would be thankful if it's going to be released at all anytime soon, but me personally would be happy to see VTOL capabilities.

The F-35b does both VTOL and STOVL, but the more practical and less fuel consuming method of take-off is the STOVL method. STOVL also has less problems during take-off, thus is the preferred method rather than VTOL.

• Like 3

The F-35b does both VTOL and STOVL, but the more practical and less fuel consuming method of take-off is the STOVL method. STOVL also has less problems during take-off, thus is the preferred method rather than VTOL.

I've probs said before but perhaps there could be a VTOL and STOVL variant. Just to remind you make sure they are zeus compatible :D

• Like 1

Fuller will the F35B be using you Weapon box?

Fuller will the F35B be using you Weapon box?

Well he did say on the earlier post that it will be using the USAF mod weapons box.

• Like 1

Well he did say on the earlier post that it will be using the USAF mod weapons box.

noice, hopefully it will use the B61 nuke

oh wow its 3 posts above me lol

Will the release version also include a module with which we can configure the loadout and skins of the F35B before the mission starts?

Will the release version also include a module with which we can configure the loadout and skins of the F35B before the mission starts?

So there's an issue with switching skins because of the high poly count on the model. I don't that switching skins will be possible on this mod unless the model is switched out to a less detailed model. 

So there's an issue with switching skins because of the high poly count on the model. I don't that switching skins will be possible on this mod unless the model is switched out to a less detailed model.

No problem aslong as there will be retextures. The model is great and should be kept like this. If possible the module i talked about before should eventually be included,but it is not a must for the first release. I just want to soon sit in my F35B and support the naval invasion of Altis. :D

Just have multiple versions?

in the editor when placing down the unit have a selection between

F-35B USMC

F-35B RAF

etc 

Like RHS su25's

Just have multiple versions?

in the editor when placing down the unit have a selection between

F-35B USMC

F-35B RAF

etc 

Like RHS su25's

Yup... pretty much. I know it's a down fall but that's the only way to implement other skins for the F35.

• Like 1

Ahem, have you checked hope we'll it works with the Vehicle Customization system?

Ahem, have you checked hope we'll it works with the Vehicle Customization system?

Well I'm no longer working on this so no, but Fuller may look into that!

Yup... pretty much. I know it's a down fall but that's the only way to implement other skins for the F35.

so the settexture command ingame is too much for the game to handle using a service menu?