randomslap

[WIP] Lockheed Martin's F35B Lightning II STOVL

Hype plane? :)

Yeah, it's called the F-35B! XDD or maybe the F-35H (F-35 Hype) :D

Current plans do not include a VTOL mode or am i mistaken?

Current plans do not include a VTOL mode or am i mistaken?

I believe randomslap and others are creating the modes that the F-35B uses. So probably if it only had empty or internalized loadout, it could be VTOL. But perhaps with a more heavier loadout, only STOVL will be available. If i'm correct, theres about 4 different modes and one of the modes allows it to go at low speeds while having the nose up without stalling for results in better landing. :)

I believe randomslap and others are creating the modes that the F-35B uses. So probably if it only had empty or internalized loadout, it could be VTOL. But perhaps with a more heavier loadout, only STOVL will be available. If i'm correct, theres about 4 different modes and one of the modes allows it to go at low speeds while having the nose up without stalling for results in better landing. :)

As of right now we are not going that far. Our current goal is to release this aircraft with the basic stuff and some DAS capabilities. The modes may or may not be implemented later (depends on how much time I have). I will release the mod in the BETA stage as there needs to be some cleaning in the mod file (mainly PSD files that I was testing) so that the mod size is not 1 GB. I also wanted to apologize to those who requested to be apart of the mod testing. I have been busy recently and I completely forgot to message you guys. Anyways, pilots hold on to your helmets as this aircraft is close to being released!  :lol:

• Like 3

As of right now we are not going that far. Our current goal is to release this aircraft with the basic stuff and some DAS capabilities. The modes may or may not be implemented later (depends on how much time I have). I will release the mod in the BETA stage as there needs to be some cleaning in the mod file (mainly PSD files that I was testing) so that the mod size is not 1 GB. I also wanted to apologize to those who requested to be apart of the mod testing. I have been busy recently and I completely forgot to message you guys. Anyways, pilots hold on to your helmets as this aircraft is close to being released!  :lol:

Heck yea bois! Since you mentioned basic stuff will it be STOVL or VTOL in the Beta release? By the way, I totally wanna be apart of the BETA. And i'm sure like the active people on this thread do too.   :) :D :3

Heck yea bois! Since you mentioned basic stuff will it be STOVL or VTOL in the Beta release? By the way, I totally wanna be apart of the BETA. And i'm sure like the active people on this thread do too.   :) :D :3

It will be STOVL. As of right now, if I make it VTOL it is not possible to taxi and I am not a fan of that.

• Like 2

It will be STOVL. As of right now, if I make it VTOL it is not possible to taxi and I am not a fan of that.

Like the Harrier?

Like the Harrier?

Yeah, exactly like it. But Randomslap how can't it taxi then if its VTOL? is it because it'll vertical take-off instead? but you could change it to CTOL mode and taxi. But still good if it's STOVL. In the future, if its an internalized loadout, will it be able to be VTOL and along with being internalized loadout an empty loadout too? 

• Like 1

Yeah, exactly like it. But Randomslap how can't it taxi then if its VTOL? is it because it'll vertical take-off instead? but you could change it to CTOL mode and taxi. But still good if it's STOVL. In the future, if its an internalized loadout, will it be able to be VTOL and along with being internalized loadout an empty loadout too?

If I make it VTOL by default, it will act like Chortles' f35 where it does not taxi. Even if the "auto-hover" is off it will start to fly vertically like a helicopter. There is really nothing I can do to change that as it is hard coded in to the game. The STOVL option is better as of right now as it allows the plane to taxi and it is more realistic.

• Like 1

If I make it VTOL by default, it will act like Chortles' f35 where it does not taxi. Even if the "auto-hover" is off it will start to fly vertically like a helicopter. There is really nothing I can do to change that as it is hard coded in to the game. The STOVL option is better as of right now as it allows the plane to taxi and it is more realistic.

Couldn't you apply the Osprey style system to it?

• Like 1

Yeah how come it acts like that randomslap? Thats what really annoys me I want to taxi but it takes off. Why is that? and like OfficerAMR said couldn't you use the osprey style system?

I would also support a optional VTOL function. But in my opinion, for beta, STOVL is more than enough. I mean we can still fly around like a helicopter when changing flight mode from normal to STOVL/VTOL :D

I would also support a optional VTOL function. But in my opinion, for beta, STOVL is more than enough. I mean we can still fly around like a helicopter when changing flight mode from normal to STOVL/VTOL :D

But the problem is, will we slowly get dragged down to the ground like chairbornes harrier? or will this STOVL be able to hover like a VTOL style but in the sense of no pulling down?

But the problem is, will we slowly get dragged down to the ground like chairbornes harrier? or will this STOVL be able to hover like a VTOL style but in the sense of no pulling down?

I think thats a issue with the physics engine 

could be wrong 

I think thats a issue with the physics engine 

could be wrong 

Nah, I think its because of the weight of the payload. But hopefully when we convert to auto hover, it doesn't pull down

Remeber in real life both F-35 and Harrier had/have to be on half fuel to perform full VTOL. Payload is limited then as well. At the end of the day it is a most powerful single engine made but its still only single engine. 

Remeber in real life both F-35 and Harrier had/have to be on half fuel to perform full VTOL. Payload is limited then as well. At the end of the day it is a most powerful single engine made but its still only single engine. 

Yeah I remember not so sure about F-35 but then again not everything is meant to be 100% accurate in games. Otherwise, its no fun.

• Like 1

Hey randomslap, will decals include the "highlighting" of like the ladders and stuff? and will it include the ladder or will that come in another update?

I hope someone makes some RAF skins for it 

@Randomslap

How's the development going? Last month you said it is close to being released and after this the thread has pretty much gotten silent again. I don't want to appear rude but a status update would be nice ;)

@Randomslap

How's the development going? Last month you said it is close to being released and after this the thread has pretty much gotten silent again. I don't want to appear rude but a status update would be nice ;)

Hey my bad for not updating everyone and you have the right reason to ask. I keep disappearing due to my status as of right now. I don't really go on my computer or play ArmA anymore because I'm busy working on my "racecar". I just lost interest in modding but I think I will let someone take over. I can ask Fuller if he is interested or someone that is experienced in modding. If anyone that is experienced in modding and interested in finishing this project PM me and I will see what I can do (I want this mod in the right hands). With my current status in life I don't think I can finish this mod. Sorry for all those that have been anticipating for the release. I will figure out a way to release the F35B but as of right now please be patient. I will try to update you guys on what's going on and what will happen with this mod.

• Like 5

Sometimes it's better not announcing mods and projects because when something like that happens people get disappointed.

I hope everything works out fine for you randomslap!