randomslap

[WIP] Lockheed Martin's F35B Lightning II STOVL

Hey guys. Sorry that I haven't been informing you guys with whats going on. First of all, there hasn't been a lot of progress with the F35B. This is mainly due to the complex scripting that I had in mind but it never worked out and my project car has been keeping me away from the computer. For the past month I've tried to work on the F35B however my car has been developing problems after another (that's what I get for getting a RX7 FD and it is killing me lol). I may have Kimi or Fuller to finish this project if I don't get anywhere with it. I will inform you guys on what's going on in the upcoming months. Thanks for your guy's patience!

Focus on you car, arma isn't going anywhere  :)

Fuller has added some scripts to the F35B. I am just waiting for him to finalize and send it to me. After that I am gonna use some other things from the F35A like the missile box. If I am able to do that then I will release this aircraft to you all. Once it is released I will slowly work on the DAS mode where it is possible to see through the cockpit.  

• Like 3

Fuller has added some scripts to the F35B. I am just waiting for him to finalize and send it to me. After that I am gonna use some other things from the F35A like the missile box. If I am able to do that then I will release this aircraft to you all. Once it is released I will slowly work on the DAS mode where it is possible to see through the cockpit.  

This'll be very exciting! Um, i've asked on both USAF thread and this one now what do the DAS features do exactly? i'm a bit of a noob on aircraft features like that.. like do they like scan multiple targets or something? also, will the feature of locking on to an aircraft behind you be available?

This'll be very exciting! Um, i've asked on both USAF thread and this one now what do the DAS features do exactly? i'm a bit of a noob on aircraft features like that.. like do they like scan multiple targets or something? also, will the feature of locking on to an aircraft behind you be available?

DAS basically allows the pilot to be able to have a 360 degree situational awareness.  It detects missiles and where they have been launched from as its main function, but helps with navigation and a whole bunch of other things 

Good job on the mod by the way. Also will there be a texured one for the RAF/RN

DAS basically allows the pilot to be able to have a 360 degree situational awareness.  It detects missiles and where they have been launched from as its main function, but helps with navigation and a whole bunch of other things 

Does it automatically deploy countermeasures once it detects the missiles too? 

Wow, Fuller surely has alot to do right now^^

So this basically means model etc is fine and it's only functionality and fine tuning missing?

I'd say that the exterior is done. The interior model is about ~90% done but I think it's good enough. Fuller has been helping out A LOT and I am very thankful. 

• Like 1

I'd say that the exterior is done. The interior model is about ~90% done but I think it's good enough. Fuller has been helping out A LOT and I am very thankful. 

Niceeee. This is soo hype! Also, will you add like the decals as on the real F-35B? like the door and ladder, danger beware of blast signs? that'd be really sick.

Niceeee. This is soo hype! Also, will you add like the decals as on the real F-35B? like the door and ladder, danger beware of blast signs? that'd be really sick.

Yes the F35B will have a door and the ladder however it will not appear in the beta release. The decals are undecided but there will be different skins for different countries.

Are you and randomslap talking about the ladder that unfolds from the aircraft itself, or does the F35B not posses something like this?

Are you and randomslap talking about the ladder that unfolds from the aircraft itself, or does the F35B not posses something like this?

It is the ladder that is on the A10, F35A and C. I currently have the door ready however there are some complications with the ladder. Therefore it may not appear in the first release. I am pretty much aiming for realism at this point but I may start tweaking some things after I get feedback. 

• Like 1

As long as we have what the F-35A has including the systems and weapon rearming then we are fine :) Also any chance for it to be released in net two months ? My unit currently uses the old version of F-35 and we're not sure should we move onto USAF F-35 or as a British MilSim wait for the F-35B 

As long as we have what the F-35A has including the systems and weapon rearming then we are fine :) Also any chance for it to be released in net two months ? My unit currently uses the old version of F-35 and we're not sure should we move onto USAF F-35 or as a British MilSim wait for the F-35B 

I cannot promise you anything but yes it might be released in the next 2 months. 

• Like 1

Some WIP of the F35B more pics to come 

2015-08-13_00009.jpg

2015-08-13_00008.jpg

2015-08-13_00007.jpg

I know this textures ahah

However is looking really good, hope you have found a fix to that little problem ;)

Looking good guys! Oh yeah when I mean decals like the danger signs and stuff like that. Maybe you should put some optimizations on the like current decals. Other than the Initial operation skin will you add the regular operation skin as well? Oh yeah if you want some feedback, you should maybe use a darker shade of dark grey for the F-35B. Also add a bit of improvements on the nose area like more texture stuff like that. Other than that, that is some next level stuff right there. I've might've said this before, but, will it have VTOL capabilities? Like maybe 2 variants a STOVL variant and a VTOL variant. But I remember randomslap talking about or me talking about how there is different modes. Just some suggestions for that, maybe make different loadout catagories like a light category which can only have internal weapons and a heavy category which is STOVL. Anyway, some nice thing you got goin' on there. Can't wait for this!!! even more hyped!!!!!

Looking good guys! Oh yeah when I mean decals like the danger signs and stuff like that. Maybe you should put some optimizations on the like current decals. Other than the Initial operation skin will you add the regular operation skin as well? Oh yeah if you want some feedback, you should maybe use a darker shade of dark grey for the F-35B. Also add a bit of improvements on the nose area like more texture stuff like that. Other than that, that is some next level stuff right there. I've might've said this before, but, will it have VTOL capabilities? Like maybe 2 variants a STOVL variant and a VTOL variant. But I remember randomslap talking about or me talking about how there is different modes. Just some suggestions for that, maybe make different loadout catagories like a light category which can only have internal weapons and a heavy category which is STOVL. Anyway, some nice thing you got goin' on there. Can't wait for this!!! even more hyped!!!!!

Lol don't ask for to much. Let us release it first :)

• Like 1

beautiful bird, but is it beautiful in the cockpit view as it is beautiful on the 3rd Person view?

Lol don't ask for to much. Let us release it first :)

Haha, just wizzing ideas.

Haha, just wizzing ideas.

All aboard the Hype Train! :D

All aboard the Hype Train! :D

haha, more than a hype train XD a hype jet! :D

• Like 1