randomslap

[WIP] Lockheed Martin's F35B Lightning II STOVL

Isnt this being apart of the USAF mod or am i mistaken?

Although randomslap is a member of the usaf team,this is a independent project. The benefit from this is that the achievements made in usaf mod's F-35A will very likely be included in this F-35B, and currently the usaf mod team even announced stealth and ecm's.

Isnt this being apart of the USAF mod or am i mistaken?

So if you did not know, the F35 has 3 variants. The F35A CTOL is for the USAF. It can do conventional take-offs and landings. The F35B STOVL is for the USMC. It can do short take-offs and vertical landings. The F35C is designated to the USN. It is a carrier variant of the F35 (longer wingspan, an extra front wheel, and a tail hook).

Although randomslap is a member of the usaf team,this is a independent project. The benefit from this is that the achievements made in usaf mod's F-35A will very likely be included in this F-35B, and currently the usaf mod team even announced stealth and ecm's.

The F35B will have everything that is included on the USAF F35A or even more. I may release a "beta" sometime this summer.

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:12 ----------

I don't think a screenshot of the boresight capability will be released this weekend. I will be traveling out of town to buy a car so I don't think I will have time. I am almost done with school, so I will be able to work on this project a lot more.

The F35B will have everything that is included on the USAF F35A or even more. I may release a "beta" sometime this summer.

Glad to hear that :D

I don't think a screenshot of the boresight capability will be released this weekend. I will be traveling out of town to buy a car so I don't think I will have time. I am almost done with school, so I will be able to work on this project a lot more.

Take your time. I wish you good luck in school ;)

Personally i would totally support a beta, so you can adjust things like balance, speed and maneuverability with the community. Even though the final touches are not there and features are still missing the benefits far outweight the disadvantages.

Edit: @Randomslap I just realized that the Aim-9x missile is the only one that can do 360 degree shots, but it can only be mounted external? Is this true? And is the internally mounted Aim-120 capable of any form of off boresight lock on's?

Edited by Octop01

Beta for testing would be nice, then again he knows the best when its the time. Still must say I can't wait to try it out.

Could not agree more. I really want to try it out too

I want to bend a corner in this plane just as badly as anyone else, but we need to take into consideration that he has been working intensely on the USAF planes submitted by fullerpj, and i'm sure many other side projects as well as trying to assist budding new modders in their attempts at their freshman releases. Being in-games flying/shooting/sacking keeps is always more fun than staring at notepad and wire meshes/vertices. Soon enough, Arma 3 will have the full production line of F-35's, F-15's, F-16's, F-22's, A-10's, F18's . The presenting authors alone who have announced, should give everyone confidence that all this will be delivered and will be of the highest quality. It's like christmas,,, just ignore the thought of it and before you know it it will magically appear and make your day! :)

@Robowilso you are right and good news is: The progress on the usaf F35A also helps this one :)

@randomslap Take your time and decide for yourself whether you release a beta or not, we all appreciate your amazing work for the arma 3 modding community!

Yup the F35A will benefit my development thanks to FullerPJ! :) I think I will release the beta without the DAS feature (Haven't figured out a beneficial way). The beta will include the service menu and other goodies. Obviously the beta will have some bugs but they will be taken care of with your guy's reports. I am currently busy with a project car (93 Mazda RX-7 FD) and I have been working on it more than this mod, however that will not stop this mod from being released. I hope you guys understand!

Great to hear that, I'm sure it will be amazing. Not sure if you read one of my above messages, I was asking if the F-35 will have FIR AWS weapon system made by firewil or it will have the one from USAF pack. It's just that Firewill's weapons systems have AWS training rockets great for practising dogfighting. Anyway keep up the good work and good luck with your other projects! ;)

Great to hear that, I'm sure it will be amazing. Not sure if you read one of my above messages, I was asking if the F-35 will have FIR AWS weapon system made by firewil or it will have the one from USAF pack. It's just that Firewill's weapons systems have AWS training rockets great for practising dogfighting. Anyway keep up the good work and good luck with your other projects! ;)

Mine has training rockets also you just don't know about it :) had to keep some things from you all.

Will your F-35B be able to hold four or six AIM-120's internally? Currently, it can hold four, but lockheed martin stated that they are working on featuring six missiles internally for the F35B. And since its 2035 in Arma 3 .... :D

Will your F-35B be able to hold four or six AIM-120's internally? Currently, it can hold four, but lockheed martin stated that they are working on featuring six missiles internally for the F35B. And since its 2035 in Arma 3 .... :D

Beta release will have only 4 available. I will most likely work on that last, but it should be available by the final release.

Roger that. Can we expect the beta to be released already this month?

Can't wait for this beta to be released! I really need a cool jet that can hover :DD keep it up!

How will your ECM system work? Will it work like Firewills F16 where the missile will just explode when it gets near or will it work like Battlefield where the missile won't be able to lock whatsoever when activated?

If I'm not mistaken the ECM will work like in Firewil's F-16 and Fullers USAF mod, so the missiles will head towards you but their chance of hitting will be dramaticly decreased. Also I have a question to randomslap, will your F-35B have a the same systems and weaponry as USAF's F-35, I'm talking about AESA radar, 360* scanning etc. 

If I'm not mistaken the ECM will work like in Firewil's F-16 and Fullers USAF mod, so the missiles will head towards you but their chance of hitting will be dramaticly decreased. Also I have a question to randomslap, will your F-35B have a the same systems and weaponry as USAF's F-35, I'm talking about AESA radar, 360* scanning etc. 

He said he would add the PiP Thermal Camera that showing the enemy vehicle or lets you see through the Cockpit

Hey guys. Sorry that I haven't been informing you guys with whats going on. First of all, there hasn't been a lot of progress with the F35B. This is mainly due to the complex scripting that I had in mind but it never worked out and my project car has been keeping me away from the computer. For the past month I've tried to work on the F35B however my car has been developing problems after another (that's what I get for getting a RX7 FD and it is killing me lol). I may have Kimi or Fuller to finish this project if I don't get anywhere with it. I will inform you guys on what's going on in the upcoming months. Thanks for your guy's patience!

• Like 1

As long as it has all the physics of VTOL then Fuller can just add armaments to it and we're set, we just need the F-35 he made but VTOL. Hope you will fix your car soon.