randomslap

[WIP] Lockheed Martin's F35B Lightning II STOVL

Still eagerly awaiting the release of this one! Will it/does it have a main cannon?

The f35b does not have a cannon so not likely.

It wasn't in the FC-37 Arma 3 release which is very similar to this model so thought I'd ask :)

The f35b does not have a cannon so not likely.

The current F35B has an external gun pod, however there are weight issues and the STOVL mode. I am going to make this mod not that realistic where it has issues like that. I will make this F35B useable and enjoyable for community. I will include all of the ordinances that the F35A and F35C has. Although many of you asked for VTOL mode, I have decided that the feature is too unrealistic. Service menu, extremely cool DAS mode, and other unannounced useful features will be included in this mod. Kimi, FullerPJ, and John_Spartan have been greatly helpful in the development of this mod and I can't thank them enough. However my outside life has been affecting the development and it very frustrating, but I should be able to get back on track sometime in May. Thanks for your guy's patience.

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

Lol sorry for my grammatical errors, I'm on my phone right now. I don't have time to be on the PC :P

That's a real shame. We currently use the FC-37 which is very similar to this mod and were looking forward to having a VTOL version instead with this mod :( never mind

The current F35B has an external gun pod, however there are weight issues and the STOVL mode. I am going to make this mod not that realistic where it has issues like that. I will make this F35B useable and enjoyable for community. I will include all of the ordinances that the F35A and F35C has. Although many of you asked for VTOL mode, I have decided that the feature is too unrealistic. Service menu, extremely cool DAS mode, and other unannounced useful features will be included in this mod. Kimi, FullerPJ, and John_Spartan have been greatly helpful in the development of this mod and I can't thank them enough. However my outside life has been affecting the development and it very frustrating, but I should be able to get back on track sometime in May. Thanks for your guy's patience.

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

Lol sorry for my grammatical errors, I'm on my phone right now. I don't have time to be on the PC :P

Its a stupid cannon, i still dont get why they didn't use wing mounted cannons like the M-17 or 24

Its a stupid cannon, i still dont get why they didn't use wing mounted cannons like the M-17 or 24

Yeah, it does look stupid also. They should just put 2 cannons where you see them in Die Hard 4.0. Unfortunately thats the X-35B shown in the movie but, idk! just put it there! XD

Yeah, it does look stupid also. They should just put 2 cannons where you see them in Die Hard 4.0. Unfortunately thats the X-35B shown in the movie but, idk! just put it there! XD

Or simply make an eternal cannon, like the PAK FA

Or simply make an eternal cannon, like the PAK FA

The B and the C do have a gunpod already. the A's cannon is internalized...

The B and the C do have a gunpod already. the A's cannon is internalized...

Doesn't work though

that would cause some problems too I guess. you would need to zeroing your gun every time bevore you shoot. ye I know modern technology n stuff but a gun right blow the cockpit is practically better.

External cannon? You mean a gun pod?

internal :eek:

Doesn't work though

Of course it's not going to work, they are still programming it which is going to take another decade to program. And even if they did put an internal cannon they'd have to change the design up, and resulting in another decade of testing...

Of course it's not going to work, they are still programming it which is going to take another decade to program. And even if they did put an internal cannon they'd have to change the design up, and resulting in another decade of testing...

The cannon would then be 20 years in development before release. US doesn't learn it seems,

The cannon would then be 20 years in development before release. US doesn't learn it seems,

It's only the external gun-pod for the B and C that's taking the decade to program. The A's cannon is already done I believe and in the system software. Wheres the gun-pod is a separate component and has to be programmed. And the gun-pod is the way to go if you can't change the design.

I want the Real Life F35 HMD Features (e.g. the PiP Thermal Camera that showing the enemy vehicle or lets you see througth the Cockpit).

Video abaut the HMD:

Hope thats possible and hope to see it in the Addon

Edited by ninelore

I want the Real Life F35 HMD Features (e.g. the PiP Thermal Camera that showing the enemy vehicle or lets you see througth the Cockpit).

Video abaut the HMD:

[/url]

you are very modest

Video abaut the HMD:

[/url]

I dont think thats possible lol

It is possible and I am working on it. :) It won't be 100% accurate to that but close.

looks nice! can't wait to fly it :) great job! :)

I just saw a Video about the real Bomb targeting System of an F35B and my Question is it possible to adapt the GPS Targeting System to make it possible to make Multiple GPS Targets?

I am German and my english is not the best so please ignore any grammatical errors or somthing else!

PS: Whats so difficult to Program the Gunpod in Real Life?!?

Edited by ninelore
added Disclaimer abaout my bad english, added PS

I just saw a Video about the real Bomb targeting System of an F35B and my Question is it possible to adapt the GPS Targeting System to make it possible to make Multiple GPS Targets?

I am German and my english is not the best so please ignore any grammatical errors or somthing else!

PS: Whats so difficult to Program the Gunpod in Real Life?!?

Can you share the video here, please?

Sorry lost the link, you can (exact like the GPS targeting System by John Spartan and Saul, only with the difference that you can create multiple GPS Targets) create GPS Targets with the MFDs in the real F35, and my 2nd Feature Request is the ability to make multiple GPS Targets. I think thats only a little script modification.

Edited by ninelore

Randomslap/Kimi, Are you guys planning to implement the ability to share targets/targeting information with other capable aircrafts (even if just other F-35's of the same addon) ?

Randomslap/Kimi, Are you guys planning to implement the ability to share targets/targeting information with other capable aircrafts (even if just other F-35's of the same addon) ?

No, that is a little to much for us. It is not planned but it may happen. No promises.