randomslap

[WIP] Lockheed Martin's F35B Lightning II STOVL

Id rather see something different but if its easier well as an addon maker id have to agree on that aspect

The issue is that I won't have much time to work on this after February, but I am only thinking of using the knobs, stick, and throttle. Nothing big like the screen, etc.

Something is wrong with some A2 content in A3.I can`t get the gac_h53ePac_forArma2 to install at all .May be it`s the capital letters or _ that get in the way when naming the files.

Tried to chance them(the name of the file +the "@" .ext in the name to no darn change at all.It didn`t see it.What is wrong with it? Can`t fin my "h60" download either (A2).

tnx

Ollie´s work is awesome, but it lacks the coding wise, so I think using his work - respecting his EULA - is a win win situation for all of us! Go for it, Randomslap!

Cheers!

Something is wrong with some A2 content in A3.I can`t get the gac_h53ePac_forArma2 to install at all .May be it`s the capital letters or _ that get in the way when naming the files.

Tried to chance them(the name of the file +the "@" .ext in the name to no darn change at all.It didn`t see it.What is wrong with it? Can`t fin my "h60" download either (A2).

tnx

You have the wong thread teddy. But if your trying to use a2 content then you need additional a2 files. Or if your porting you need to properly setup your addon for a3

I can tell you fellas right now,Mando Missile System doesen`t work in A3.I`ve try`to make it install,but no.This system seem to

be working fine .Will you try to make a Autopilot system for it to,we need some way to make our planes fly "hands off" and level

not as the Wipeout does right now,some shallow angle nose down.

We need some time to set all stuff in systems and on map.Mando camera was pretty right on,if you get it.

Off Boresight is esy,just make sure to find the target by computing when player can be expected tos ee the target at this height,and add a countdown timer when the weapon is expected to hit it,and maybe a % of failiure to hit it at a height/off angle.

Why don`t you integrate GLT Missile Box with you`re relese?

I can tell you fellas right now,Mando Missile System doesen`t work in A3.I`ve try`to make it install,but no.This system seem to

be working fine .Will you try to make a Autopilot system for it to,we need some way to make our planes fly "hands off" and level

not as the Wipeout does right now,some shallow angle nose down.

We need some time to set all stuff in systems and on map.Mando camera was pretty right on,if you get it.

Off Boresight is esy,just make sure to find the target by computing when player can be expected tos ee the target at this height,and add a countdown timer when the weapon is expected to hit it,and maybe a % of failiure to hit it at a height/off angle.

Why don`t you integrate GLT Missile Box with you`re relese?

I'm trying my best to keep this mod standalone with out any mods required and integrating the OffBoresight is not a script or easy to put.

Sorry for the slow progress. I have been really busy with finals week and RL stuff, but I'm on winter break now! So I will have more time to work on this.

---------- Post added at 01:34 ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 ----------

Pylons have also been added. Ordinances can be changed via Service Menu by John_Spartan.

Sample Loadout

2014-12-19_00008_zps108acc71.jpg

dude its a huge favor for us that you actually make such a mod! take as much time as you need c:

(that means release it as soon as possible because Im dying because of anticipation!!)

Randomslap, you haven´t mentioned... so have you talked to Ollie, are you using some of his work on FC-37, or that addon is still opens to everybody (or nobody) to keep its development?

Nice HMD shots... how´s the off-boresight code going?

cheers!

;2841514']Randomslap' date=' you haven´t mentioned... so have you talked to Ollie, are you using some of his work on FC-37, or that addon is still opens to everybody (or nobody) to keep its development?

Nice HMD shots... how´s the off-boresight code going?

cheers![/quote']

Olli stated in his thread that anyone can use his content as long as credits are given and I don't make profit off of it. So I assume I can use some of his cockpit content.

He states it here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182648-F-35C-Lightning-II&p=2808019&viewfull=1#post2808019

Btw the off-boresight is almost there. I can lock on to things that are 90 degrees to my left and right. I haven't been able to figure out how to lock on the targets beyond that. I was only able to "target" them beyond the 90 degrees.

Edited by randomslap

Well, 90 degrees are waaaaaay better than 10 degrees, and AIM-9X is limited to 90 degrees, right (and R-73/AA-11 is 60 degrees)? Python 5 and IRIS-T can go 120 degrees if I recall right!

At least you´ve gone beyond vanilla limits lol ;D

cheers!

;2841803']Well' date=' 90 degrees are waaaaaay better than 10 degrees, and AIM-9X is limited to 90 degrees, right (and R-73/AA-11 is 60 degrees)? Python 5 and IRIS-T can go 120 degrees if I recall right!

At least you´ve gone beyond vanilla limits lol ;D

cheers![/quote']

Here's an example of what I mean. Thats about the farthest it will go.

2014-12-19_00010_zps908eec73.jpg

---------- Post added at 23:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:53 ----------

lol Here's a plane that I found hiding in my hard drive. *cough* Silent Eagle cough* :P

2014-12-19_00011_zpsf070edbb.jpg

For me it is great and good enough... wow, I thought you had dropped the Silent Eagle, that´s great news cus Dezkit erased all his Ivory airplanes and the Arma3 needs eagles (silents or louds... pun intended)

Keep up the great work, man!

cheers!

;2841840'] cus Dezkit erased all his Ivory airplanes

you mean they wont recieve updates anymore? or he lost them all in a crash(computer crash not plane crash)?

I think it was a computer crash but I could be wrong.

I think it was a computer crash but I could be wrong.

He asked to armaholic to ERASE all his releases and there were source files there included (which could be used by him or anyone else to continue his work), so YES, HE ERASED all his Ivory aircraft cus he didn´t want to work on them anymore... and it is his prerrogative, I´m not questioning (thou I didn´t like at all) his choises of actions =/

cheers

GREAT SCOTT!!! they are still there as of yesterday, so grab them while you can. i just checked and i doubt armaholic mods work on christmas and erase addons. as for the sources files they are gone(sadface.gif).

also: some of them were incomplete, and the frigate screwed the turrets config, unless you had the patience to made a new config.cpp and repair the inheriting class turrets names to reflect how a3 ship turrets are named.

edit: i also heard in a thread(here or armaholic) that some models came from microsoft flight simulator extracted with a 3rd party software like the cold war planes pack from arma 2. The yak42 has the same textures and folder structure like the arma 2 cold war plane pack yak, the others seem similar, except the propeled one which was given to him by somebody.

Edited by freesets

Will the F-35 be capable of landing on it's belly without gear like the helicopters since the Heli DLC? Because that would be hilarious

Will the F-35 be capable of landing on it's belly without gear like the helicopters since the Heli DLC? Because that would be hilarious

you could do this in Arma 2... With the Osprey and the F-35... In fact, you can do this with any gear up vehicle even if it's not capable of STOL/VTOL. You just have to land Ultra soft, and stable, and at a slow speed.

on ground its pointless since in real life even without a single drop of hydraulic fluid or a volt of power you can drop the gears by gravity and lock them by wind resistance.

on water, that would be nice if they drop the damage inflicted to the plane even if you land at 230 km/h and let the plane float for a few seconds( to let you exit) or alow you to exit even underwater without any harm. they also should remove the underwater explosion.(or they already did--let me check)