randomslap

[WIP] Lockheed Martin's F35B Lightning II STOVL

Lockheed Martin's F35B Lightning II

2014-12-14_00001_zps37ef2f7d.jpg
2014-12-14_00002_zps8fe6809b.jpg
2014-11-26_00001_zps4b75c9fc.jpg

Description
This mod will feature the F35B STOVL. It is currently unstable and buggy, but these issues will get resolved soon. It is about time for the ArmA 3 community to get the new F35B instead of the BI's X35.

Planned features
-DAS System
-GBU Targeting System
-Air Refueling 
-Service Menu by John_Spartan
-Ejection System by John_Spartan
-ECM Jammers by Kimi
-F35 HUD by Kimi
and more...

NOTE
-I still don't have a release date for this aircraft so please DO NOT bug me when it will be released.

-I have retired from modding therefore Fullerpj will be taking lead of this project.

People who have been very helpful on this project (Credits)
-randomslap
-Kimi
-John_Spartan
-Fullerpj (taking over the project)
-Lala

Edited by randomslap

Looks great so far. Nice planned features too. Looking forward to see her in action

This is my favorite aircraft but there will be other skins as RAF, Italian Navy and Italian Air Force? Or just USMC :yay:

This is my favorite aircraft but there will be other skins as RAF, Italian Navy and Italian Air Force? Or just USMC :yay:

There will most likely be other skins, but I don't have plans for the Italian Navy or Air force.

Many thanks to John_Spartan for teaching me how to implement his eject and afterburner system!!!

2014-11-26_00001_zps4b75c9fc.jpg

Love it.. So beautiful man.. Are you planning a Danish skin ?? Denmark is one of the developers of this beauty.. And are testing it for use in the RDAF - Royal Danish Airforce.

So please be kind to make a Danish skin :)

Looking forward for this, and Will keep a close eye on it.. Nice pictures btw

Best regards

Dennis

Love it.. So beautiful man.. Are you planning a Danish skin ?? Denmark is one of the developers of this beauty.. And are testing it for use in the RDAF - Royal Danish Airforce.

Best regards

Dennis

As far as I know, I am making a USMC skin for now. Other skins will later be released as long as I can find reference images. This is mainly for the USMC unit, but I will create other skins to be accessible in the service menu.

---------- Post added at 02:20 ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 ----------

Best regards

Dennis

By the way, the RDAF has chosen the F35A for their fleet. Not the F35B.

Your right, didnt see the B ;) sorry

I will probably still make a RDAF and the RAF skins. I just don't know when. ;)

So will this be separate from the USAF mod? And if it is separate does it mean the V-22 Osprey will be separate as well?

And if it is separate does it mean the V-22 Osprey will be separate as well?

Sorry but the V-22 Osprey won't be a separate part of the USAF mod as of now and it probably won't be in the future. However things can change but I wouldn't build your hopes up.

Ah well, better the F-35 than nothing eh? Glad to see there will be a RAF skin. Can't wait. Hopefully it will be in the NATO Air section and not be a new faction by itself, I find it reduces clutter in the editor

Ah well, better the F-35 than nothing eh? Glad to see there will be a RAF skin. Can't wait. Hopefully it will be in the NATO Air section and not be a new faction by itself, I find it reduces clutter in the editor

Ya the only reason why the F35B is being separated is because it is USMC aircraft. However, the F35A is a USAF aircraft and it may appear in the USAF Mod after the release of the F35B.

I can tell by the pictures you have put a lot of hard work and time into this. Stoked for this!

On an other topic;Could you make a small A-4 Skyhawk CAS plane to be used in Zeus later on.We need some small support planes in A3.A Mohawk ov1 in a nice splinter cammo would be perfect,too.

I`m just saying ,to judge of the pix of the F-35,you`re work is exellent!

On an other topic;Could you make a small A-4 Skyhawk CAS plane to be used in Zeus later on.We need some small support planes in A3.A Mohawk ov1 in a nice splinter cammo would be perfect,too.

I`m just saying ,to judge of the pix of the F-35,you`re work is exellent!

No, I won't be making any planes that do not fit in the A3 setting. My next project will either be another 5th gen aircraft or a large cargo ship for realism units that would like to do anti-piracy operations.

No, I won't be making any planes that do not fit in the A3 setting. My next project will either be another 5th gen aircraft or a large cargo ship for realism units that would like to do anti-piracy operations.

Beautiful a large cargo ship or J-31 for the CSAT would be nice to Arma 3

+1 Large Cargo Ship. I´m working on a german frigate model right now and if it well ever be seen in ArmA 3 it would be perfect to have a cargo ship besides the fact that there are many (military vessel) naval mods in the works.

Edited by Lumnuon

Will your F-35 be able to work with John and Saul's new U.S.S. FREEDOM CVN-83 Aircraft Carrier?

Will your F-35 be able to work with John and Saul's new U.S.S. FREEDOM CVN-83 Aircraft Carrier?

considering it's not even out yet, or even in a basic model for that matter, i'm guessing not at the moment, that's given.

considering it's not even out yet, or even in a basic model for that matter, i'm guessing not at the moment, that's given.

I'm sure that it will be compatible once the carrier is released. I have been learning many things from John about modding. He has helped me out with this F35 and I am sure he will let me know how to add the upcoming features for his new carrier.

---------- Post added at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

So here's part of the DAS system. Thank's Kimi for helping me out with the HUD! Simply shows all ground and air vehicles :) 2014-12-05_00006_zps5177b533.jpg

---------- Post added at 23:39 ---------- Previous post was at 23:38 ----------

BTW thats only part of it. I will be working on seeing through the cockpit and having nightvision.