Sign in to follow this  
aliascartoons

Community Upgrade Project: WIP thread

Wow very nice to see a project like this! What other company would allow this too!? Simply awesome in so many ways.

Any thought on having Zeus funtioning with this in the future? I'm not sure if it is already possible with AiA SA, haven't tested that out yet - but it'd be nice if it could be by default with this.

Keep up the good work guys, looking forward to the upcoming release.

Any thought on having Zeus funtioning with this in the future? I'm not sure if it is already possible with AiA SA, haven't tested that out yet - but it'd be nice if it could be by default with this.

Keep up the good work guys, looking forward to the upcoming release.

Yup, Zeus compatible as the trailer says :) ... and thank you!

Yeah, a lot new guns... and from a team of the best modders in A3... perfecto... :)

Looking especially forward to the sniper rifles since i feel the game are lacking high quality sniper rifles...!

Congratz for the upcoming release...!!!

with this u will make arma 3 fun again.. cant wait.. just a little question tho. with the XM8 weapons will it be-able to use the Snail mag for the non-LMG weapon like the compact and the standard XM8? or any other weapon like that has the same caliber.

With JSRS sounds already on. THIS IS FANTASTIC. Thank you, guys.

Yup, Zeus compatible as the trailer says :) ... and thank you!

Oh there was a trailer!? Haha... I saw the content list and just kept scrolling down to find a download link...Mybad!

Very good to hear! :)

Hello there

Im very much looking forward to getting my hands on the old weapons again.

@aliascartoons ta for your feedback a couple of days ago!

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

Im very much looking forward to getting my hands on the old weapons again.

@aliascartoons ta for your feedback a couple of days ago!

Rgds

LoK

Cheers mate :)

Will there be a top mounted PEQ box like the RH M4/M16 pack? I don't own Arma 2 so I don't know the attachments.

Fantastic project! Would be great if Sa-Matra and the other WL mods would support this.

I understand the reasons behind the choice of ArmA 2 reload anims for now, but i seriously hope this is placeholder.

As do I. For many of the weapons the M14 reload anim should work fine, and the pistol anims are pretty much universal.

As for the pack as a whole, it really is the pack to end all packs. I was tossing about my own ideas of a way to totally expand Arma 3 with new vehicles and weapons and such, but this just will blow mine out of the water, and I'm pretty thankful for that :)

Can't wait to see what comes after this. BTW I'm sure this has been suggested many times but if HLC's animators will allow you to use their anims then those'll work great on, well, nearly all of the weapons involved.

As do I. For many of the weapons the M14 reload anim should work fine, and the pistol anims are pretty much universal.

Right now, pistols use the pistol reload anim, MG'S use the Zafir/Mk200 anim, and the rest are using the Voodoo anim. The plan is to eventually exchange them for custom reloads per weapon. There are a number of issues with the hand positioning as well, especially noticeable with the launchers that are made for a slightly bulkier model. These things will come with time.

Having said that, if anyone is good at animations, don't hesitate to contact us :)

delete

Edited by PzVI

I understand there could be massive issues involved, (especially as they are developing themselves) but would it be possible to even have all the weapons ACE Mod/ACEX added? I know that even some of them were from other mods like RH's but all those combined with all of A2's with new and improved textures might make for possibly the best mod on ARMA 3.

Even if it is not possible, the mod alone even its idea is incredibly impressive and this banding together to make content is what the ARMA series needs!

In case you missed the release thread with download and information here it is:

Release thread

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

I understand there could be massive issues involved, (especially as they are developing themselves) but would it be possible to even have all the weapons ACE Mod/ACEX added? I know that even some of them were from other mods like RH's but all those combined with all of A2's with new and improved textures might make for possibly the best mod on ARMA 3.

Even if it is not possible, the mod alone even its idea is incredibly impressive and this banding together to make content is what the ARMA series needs!

CUP's goal is to bring all ARMA content to ARMA3 standards which is huge task by itself. Once that is done any moder or team can build on top of that, change texture, characteristics etc. being sure everything will be still compatible with the rest and especially with ARMA 3 features.

CUP's goal is to bring all ARMA content to ARMA3 standards which is huge task by itself. Once that is done, any modder or team can build on top of that: change textures, characteristics, etc. being sure everything will be still compatible with the rest and especially with ARMA 3 features.

From what I understand (and see), there's still a huge load of work at weapons already regarding things like ie. attachment splitting, 3D-ifying, and animating features.

All playable, though, so I can't and won't complain. I sure hope this thing eventually ends up outphasing most of those individual and diverse-quality weapon packages. :p

For reference if you "REPORT" the post you'll get better response times from the Moderators..

:-)

SJ