Sign in to follow this  
aliascartoons

Community Upgrade Project: WIP thread

Nice, im traveling for my grandpa funeral so i cannot test it, of somebody could really do a video would be awesome

Not comprehensive or edited very well, just some video of some of the guns in action:

Hmm, "not available in your country", could you see if there are any settings to make it not like that? lol

Hmm, "not available in your country", could you see if there are any settings to make it not like that? lol

he more likely used some music preventing that ...

he more likely used some music preventing that ...

Ah, that makes sense.

a thousand thank yous! has anyone asked if the names of these objects will be the same as they were in A2 scripting as well? icing on the cake, and I'm sure you all thought of it, just wondering if that is the case here... THANKS AGAIN!

Absolutely outstanding! Cannot wait to see it all in action. Congratulations and thank you

a thousand thank yous! has anyone asked if the names of these objects will be the same as they were in A2 scripting as well? icing on the cake, and I'm sure you all thought of it, just wondering if that is the case here... THANKS AGAIN!

If you mean the class names, there is a PBO in the mix that makes all the names compatible to Arma 2 plus a CUP prefix. So for example, the M9 pistol's real class name is CUP_hgun_M9 but you can also use it as CUP_M9. Generally, CUP_<classname of A2) is what you can use for everything.

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

wow nice thank you. are you going to use custom reload anims for the weapons? https://github.com/HopeJohnson/AAnim this guy made all his anims for the commuity to use. here you can see them in action

Right now we're using the voodoo gesture reload from Arma 2 for most weapons. We're gradually going to upgrade those, but right now, the main focus is on getting this out. Reload anims are nice, but not required to use the weapons :)

Right now we're using the voodoo gesture reload from Arma 2 for most weapons. We're gradually going to upgrade those, but right now, the main focus is on getting this out. Reload anims are nice, but not required to use the weapons :)

Alwarren, why not use the MX reload animation as placeholder? IMHO it looks waaaay better than the old A2 voodoo anims but I hope Toadie2K contribute with you guys with his awesome (and with plenty variety) reload animations! (Have you used your FHQM4 pack reload animations for the M4/M16s? You shouldn´t ignore your own work, Alwarren!!!!)

Cheers!

Any info on download size or release date? I tried following the links in the video description but the main one seemed to be down at the moment.

@ Corporal_Lib[bR]

Do you know Toadie2K by chance or had contact with him already?

@ hogscraper

Release will be in the next few days - size of the weapon pack is almost 1 GB.

What link did not work for you?

;2824968']Alwarren' date=' why not use the MX reload animation as placeholder? IMHO it looks waaaay better than the old A2 voodoo anims but I hope Toadie2K contribute with you guys with his awesome (and with plenty variety) reload animations! (Have you used your FHQM4 pack reload animations for the M4/M16s? You shouldn´t ignore your own work, Alwarren!!!!)

Cheers![/quote']

Well unless the reload animation isn't tailored for the specific weapon, it will always look wrong no matter what. The FHQ M4's are generally placed differently, so their reload will not fit. The only thing to do is make reload anims per weapon.

@Kju - well, I don´t chat directly with him (as I do with MistyRonin, Cyper, BadBenson, etc) but he seems quite reachable if his PM box isn´t full http://forums.bistudio.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=155649 or you may drop a line at his Weapon Pack thread and suggest a partnership, I bet he´d interest in contrinuting such iniciative in some way, he´s already helping improving RHS... -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?172850-Toadie-s-SmallArms-and-Animations-for-Arma3

Ohh BTW, his animations source code is available on armaholic and that thread...

@Alwarren - that´s a pitty, I like your M4 animations and kinda dislike utterly the A2 voodoo anims but as they are the more practical alternative to placeholder then it is... but as I´ve said above: toadie2k´s animations are open source, you may take a look at them =)

Cheers!

@ hogscraper

Thanks! The website is not yet completed. :o

We will put up some temporary landing page in the coming days.

@ Corporal_Lib[bR]

Thanks a lot for the information and your assistance!

We will follow-up on this with Toadie2K and see how it goes. :)

Effing nice work guys! This is something much needed that will surely bring some of the oldtimers who are still reluctant to make the switch to Arma3.

I second Corporal_Lib in suggesting to use the HLC animations where they will fit.

Effing nice work guys! This is something much needed that will surely bring some of the oldtimers who are still reluctant to make the switch to Arma3.

I second Corporal_Lib in suggesting to use the HLC animations where they will fit.

Thank you mate! As for animations and all other sort of details we'll work on as we cover the basics. At any rate give a day or two until the mod is out and tell us then what things you'd like to see improved.