Sign in to follow this  
Coolinator

how to add night vision to divers??

How do you add night vision to divers? im doing a night mission, and it's hard being a diver without Night vision, especially swimming in the dark.

How do i add night vision to divers? and make it loop, so when they die, they still have their night vision everytime they respawn. Also thats works for dedicated server?

Edited by Coolinator

Or use the onPlayerRespawn.sqf if your feeling adventurous :p. And don't worry both Dreaded's and my method are dedi compatible :D.

Edited by JShock

linkItem "NVGoggles";
player addEventHandler ["Respawn",
{
(_this select 0) linkItem "NVGoggles";
}];

Thank you!!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:24 ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 ----------

Or use the onPlayerRespawn.sqf if your feeling adventurous :p. And don't worry both Dreaded's and my method are dedi compatible :D.

THank you :) tbh i dont know what is onplayerrespawn.sqf lol i havent used it before.

---------- Post added at 09:47 ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 ----------

guys i just tested it and there's no night vision in my invetory :( im playing as assault diver. i even tried getting night vision in ammo box, and it seems i cant get it for some reason. I also tried putting: this additem "NVGoggles"; in my player init, and still no night vision :(

player linkItem "NVGoggles";

player addEventHandler ["Respawn",

{

(_this select 0) linkItem "NVGoggles";

}];

"linkItem" won't work without a reference – in case you forgot adding it yourself.

To put it in the init-line, just replace "player" with "this" and remove the linebreaks.

"linkItem" won't work without a reference – in case you forgot adding it yourself.

To put it in the init-line, just replace "player" with "this" and remove the linebreaks.

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!! i really i appreciate it!!!! i mean it!!!!! :)

Quick question, this script give all players night vision rite? not just one player. Sorry im really not a pro scripter like u guys thats why i came here to ask for help.

Do NVGs even work under water? Not sure what special forces do but real life divers use lights.

Do NVGs even work under water? Not sure what special forces do but real life divers use lights.

I just tested it, It works :)

Interesting. I assumed it was difficult due to the IR absorption properties of water.