Sign in to follow this  
Wehrmacht_Bunny

Just got to say, it's really bad.

Yeah, just got this email saying they are pretty much giving away all Arma games(In reality they aren't) and that you get this browser game for free. First time played my water literally runs out in 5 minutes, and that is on regular. The attacking on this game is so difficult that melee is close to impossible, because the zombies drop you in a split second.

So my rating for anyone wanting to know if you should play, 1/10. Poorly designed, no-one playing, it's just terribad.

• Like 1

Well i highly disagree with you, i found the game pretty interesting, yeah, the zombies are tougher than in the standalone but you'll get used to it! And don't forget the game is still in development, and i dont know what do you mean with "no-one playing" the game is singleplayer you know?

Somebody doesn't have much experience in melee games...Have you never heard of 'kiting' before? You'd have a great time playing Dark Souls. It's relatively easy to just run away while spam clicking your punch to kill zombies. You literally run faster than them and there's a hit-indicating sound. The only real problem I have with MDZ so far is that clothing is far too rare for the amount of damage zombies do to it on the occasional kite mistake, which caused me to starve to death after all my clothes were ripped off leaving me nothing but a helmet, and no way to pick up food.

Also, it's a singleplayer game, so a maximum of 1 person can play, but I hear multiplayer is being worked on as fast as possible. That's not to mention, at least in my circles, the project was shrouded in secrecy. I personally did not even hear about this until 2 days ago.

You based your decision on probably 1 hour's playtime, For a game that was just released and is not BI's main focus.

Zed's are stronger is a problem? Well in the Dayz mod and SA zed's are the least of your worries which in a apocolyptic wastleland seem's kind of unrealistic, So im happy to hear that it is challenging now rather then players who just KOS is your main concern!

I think you based your opinion (im not making it for you and your completely entitled to your own) assuming the game would play like the mod or SA, which would be to difficult for a 16-bit game. For now MINIDAYZ seems to have the basic foundation of DAYZ but is more challenging in the survival aspect as its only singleplayer.

LC.

ive gotta say its pretty bad too. killing zombies really isnt a problem, they are stronger than in SA but your still stronger than them so it doesnt matter really. its nice that they are more of a threat. the problem is... they rip your pants off :P Im playing on novice and i cant last longer than 5 minutes because zombies strip all of my clothes off and i either starve or bleed to death because i cant pick stuff up. all of your meters except for temperature deplete waaay too quickly (on novice!) and all of the items break way too fast. i killed like 3 zombies with the only melee weapon i found before it broke. gotta fix weapon and clothing durability as well as loot spawns. no loot anywhere. clothes especially. even in SA there isnt enough clothing. its everywhere in real life.

I thought it was pretty nice if you ever need to waste 30 minutes or so. Only thing i dont like is the limited inventory space combined with the 'losing my clothing because of a zombie and all my items disappearing', which keeps me from playing again for now.

The advice is to gather a flashlight, wood and matches in the first 10 minutes? Can't, dont even have the pocket space. :D