John87

Cosmos Engine 0.41

0.42 patch (link) fixed some critical bugs:

Fixed - some parts of the Earth is not drawed sometimes

Fixed - out of memory on some PC when height > 30km

Fixed - CE doesn't work (hint is not displayed) and requires restart mission sometimes

Added - campaign "Cosmos Engine Demo Space" with ability start mission directly in Space

Space plane will released after 2 weeks.

Is is actually possible to land on the moon ?

Yes, in future patch when terrain for Moon will be completed.

CE allows to land on any planet which has land zones (arma terrains). In current moment terrain for Moon is not completed.

Note: there is loading screen when arma terrain is changing (for Moon too), like loading screen when changing Stratis to Altis.

Excellent news John87 :)

Is it possible to have higher resolution of earth when in orbit or in space?

Is it possible to have higher resolution of earth when in orbit or in space?

Current global resolution of the Earth (23424 x 11720) for land and same for clouds.

I think this is not enough too and have plan to increase it. For example lack of resolution visible already at height 500km. I have idea how increase it to 46800 x 23400 (possibly it will be included in v1.0). Need improve some models and dynamic textures code. Theoretically it's possible to enlarge to 80000 x 40000 max - size of the original raw texture.

When player far from Earth (12000km for example) used 4096*4096 texture. It should be enough for fullHD monitor if distance 12000km or higher.

Edited by John87

Thanks for the answer. It would be great if you can do that and it will clearly raise the level of visuals and make the mod even more atmospheric.

Keep up the good work my friend :)

I just want to make sure that I got to right Idea of this mod: You already added the ability to travel between maps (and that even in real time) and you are planning to include user made maps too? (If so I hope it will be real maps only, right now a "Real" Kandahar and a Jalalabad Map are in the works.

You did an amazing job

Just a stupid question (perhaps): when you say travel between maps in real time you mean with every vehicles, also boats, or just planes and helicopters ?

Is custom islands ei chernarus, bornholm, others supperted afther this patch?

Patch frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

We provide a small patch as well as a fully updated all in one!

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Dude, this is amazing! However you did it, it's a masterpiece from a programming point of view!

this is truly remarkable! keep up the good work! BI should've done this in the first place, this is much better than their Take on Mars lol XD

I just want to make sure that I got to right Idea of this mod: You already added the ability to travel between maps (and that even in real time) and you are planning to include user made maps too? (If so I hope it will be real maps only, right now a "Real" Kandahar and a Jalalabad Map are in the works.

Some of user maps are planned too. Also will ability to add other real user maps (using manual). Originally planned only space, but then logically follow idea to make plane flights and travel between maps, and now it's also one of the main features.

when you say travel between maps in real time you mean with every vehicles, also boats, or just planes and helicopters ?

yes, by any vehicle (in v1.0).

There is full real time when flying from Land to Space, but when going to new terrain, it's not in full real time - there is loading screen, how it's made now when flying from Stratis to Altis.

Who intrested in custom islands will take it in next patches. When it will completed it will noted in changelog. At first should be completed more priority things.

Also in plans ability for users to add any custom land using short manual and using it immediately. And also this load zone could be added to default base of load zones in next CE updates. Number of possible load zones are unlimited. Thus any real island could be added if it needed for somebody.

Thanks for supporting.

Edited by John87

I apologize for delay, patch with space plane will be tommorow morning or in the afternoon. And it will only 0.3 version. Some design features, textures, details, model bugs need in improvements and redesign. Main reason to download it will see walking inside and parachute jumping features but for great impression better wait for more later version.

Edited by John87

Looking forward to tying this out with my HALO mod. Hoping you can see the curve of the earth at extreme heights when jumping. Hoping will have time to test this out tomorrow. Looks super cool.

CosmosEngine 0.45 link

Install:

Unpack content of "cosmosengine045.rar" to arma3 folder with replace files.

Restart PC if v0.42 was run in current Windows session.

Require: CosmosEngine 0.42 installed.

This patch only for demonstration that walking inside vehicle works in space. It can works not only with this Space Plane but with any future space vehicle or a space station.

I spent all time to make earlier but could not upload with unexpected bugs. There are unexpected problems when made walking inside on low height and parachute jumping. And I disable these features in current version, walking inside works only when Space Plane in open space, temporary. Need more time to make it work correctly. When I wil fix all it, improve Space Plane model, and test it, I will upload new patch.

For MANW I had uploaded last working version on the day early, before the deadline came.

Changelog

0.45 (can be unstable, experemental version)

Added - walking inside vehicle when player in space (experemental version).

Added - space plane 0.3 (without textures and rvmats, with some geometry bugs and low cockpit details. Cockpit will redesigned, it's temporary solution.)

Using:

Select action "Get Out" when SpacePlane far in space (~ 100 - 200km from Stratis).

Bugs:

- when walking inside sometimes lost control and unit animation changed to "fly animation". Can help press U or Reload Magazine.

- walls cause little damage.

it will fixed until next patch

Edited by John87

Hello and thanks :)

I have a problem, as soon as I click to start the campaign the game freezes and I have to ctrl+alt+delete to exit the game.

I don't know why

Edit:

Is this just a patch? I deleted the old files before installing the new ones :confused:

Is this just a patch? I deleted the old files before installing the new ones :confused:

Yes, it requires installed 0.42.

But if 0.45 installed without 0.42 you can just will copy "@Cosmos/Addons/cosmos.pbo", "@Cosmos/Addons/cemusic.pbo" from 0.41 or 0.42 archive to Arma3.

Edited by John87

Nikiforos, also need copy: "@Cosmos/Addons/cemusic.pbo".

And need restart PC if v0.42 was run in current Windows session.

Edited by John87

Patch frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

We provide a small patch as well as a fully updated all in one!

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

What about a module to allow other "spacecraft" addons to be used as the spaceplane?

My kid is still bugging me to use the OA Macross plane. It works fine in A3 as long as you spawn the plane and pilot seperately. He loves flying it around Altis, but after seeing the first iteration of CE he wants to know when he can fly it in space.

A spaceplace module would allow for other scifi craft like the Star Trek to work as well.

Again just a nudge in the right direction :-)

B

What about a module to allow other "spacecraft" addons to be used as the spaceplane?

B

This module is planed, can't say when.

Send me link of needed plane and I'll add it to CE.

- It works fine in A3 as long as you spawn the plane and pilot seperately.

what means spawn the plane and pilot seperately?

I have a question regarding coordinates in this mod . i hope i can make my point clear although english isnt my native language .

Ok lets start , in classic arma we have a single map lets say altis and this map lies in upon a x,y,z matrix .

By using the coordinates you can spawn in objects and so on and ai is able to travel the map .

in your new and fascinating enviroment we can have multiple maps , will ai be able to navigate for example when ordered to move from continent A to B ?

Or will my cpu explode after the way finding routines ran an hour without finding a solution (just kidding) ;)

thank you