kiory

Optical/Active Camo

Made this today:

Freak accident, was wondering if anybody wanted to learn how to do it?

Well the next predator mods going to look pretty fucking brilliant or even a ghost recon recreation.

Kiory that looks great. Does it make you undetectable to opfor or just makes you look invisible?

yea it's not that indepth, it'll be mostly a PVP asset.

is it an RVmat tweak?

It would have to be as there is no other way to control the affects of materials in game.

Would be ace if the AI could be tweaked to detect the source of the muzzle flashes and/or directional audio when the player is cloaked.

Would love to know how this is done. Looks like a lot of fun could come out of this.

Would love to know how this is done. Looks like a lot of fun could come out of this.

And you can thank the Canadians.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/143353-canadian-camouflage-company-claims-to-have-created-perfect-invisibility-cloak-us-military-soon-to-be-invisible

Unfortunately, it won't be a secret for long, when Canada creates a breakthrough, something causes it to be used elsewhere. Anyhow, though, if you could make a CADPAT design with active camouflage built in, you would have my full support for this mod. Cool finding indeed.

WOW, Real Advenced Future Soldier is coming for us lol

was wondering if anybody wanted to learn how to do it?

Oh I do!

Made this today:

Freak accident, was wondering if anybody wanted to learn how to do it?

That is pretty impressive Mr K,

Can you switch between it and the normal textures by setObjectMaterial/setObjectTexture?

Ah, this is using the same thing the Virtual units use except there is no base color so its just clear?

Also yeah we'd love to see how you did it, you could easily script in commands for the AI not to detect or fire on a unit while he is cloaked and then remove those when he shoots.

Ah, this is using the same thing the Virtual units use except there is no base color so its just clear?

Also yeah we'd love to see how you did it, you could easily script in commands for the AI not to detect or fire on a unit while he is cloaked and then remove those when he shoots.

That it is, I used a completely transparent CA texture for the model, and in the RVMat I used a random texture for Stage1 one, however, Stage one is where things get interesting, using different texture will produce different results, I've actually had a grainy TV static type of effect once which was really amazing, I've yet to determine what causes this kind of behaviour.

To make use of the effect you need to use the refract pixel shader in the RVMat with a Super vertex shader, no other vertex shaders work to my knowledge, but I didn't try them all so...

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

That is pretty impressive Mr K,

Can you switch between it and the normal textures by setObjectMaterial/setObjectTexture?

Probably, I'm not 100% sure but it's worth a shot.

To make use of the effect you need to use the refract pixel shader in the RVMat with a Super vertex shader, no other vertex shaders work to my knowledge, but I didn't try them all so...

Doh! I didn't understand anything! Looks like it's way beyond my knowledge... >_<'

I guess I'll wait for someone to make the ultimate scout/recon addon with this. ^^

Hey Kiory could you post a DL link with the texture and RVMat you used for the optical camo?

a ghost recon recreation.

Tell me you're gonna work on something like this too :yay: I would love it !!!

As well as it would be nice to have it also for coop mission, working with AI.