Sign in to follow this  
terminus

Removing all weapons launchers for BLU_F and OPF_F

Hi All,

I'm making a mission using the redhammer addons (1985 era stuff) in A3. With VAS I can see all standard weapons/launchers/uniforms etc as well as my 1985 stuff.

Without having to blacklist every single item, magazine and uniform that is in the default A3, Is there an easy way to switch off player access to the standard BLU_F and OPF_f weapons/launchers/magazines/uniforms etc?

Just place down a redhammer ammobox, and forget about using VAS. Or just place down a supply box, clear its inventory, and make your own box with all the gear you want it to have.

Edited by JShock

Yes there are a few ways to filter the items. I'm in the middle of cooking LOL. If someone hasn't posted by the time I'm done I'll try to help. Cheers.

Ninja'd

Also within the VAS folder is a config.sqf file, contained between lines 44-54 there are arrays that you can fill with the classnames of the gear that you want in the VAS, basically if the arrays are empty it shows everything, but if the arrays have something within them, VAS only shows those gear items. And at the bottom of that same file are more arrays that actually allow you to completely restrict items, but that I think is what you don't want to do as you said in your OP.

In the end though, it would just be easier to not have VAS at all, or have the players come in spawned with the "allowed" gear, there are plenty of different loadout scripts out there to use.

Also within the VAS folder is a config.sqf file, contained between lines 44-54 there are arrays that you can fill with the classnames of the gear that you want in the VAS, basically if the arrays are empty it shows everything, but if the arrays have something within them, VAS only shows those gear items. And at the bottom of that same file are more arrays that actually allow you to completely restrict items, but that I think is what you don't want to do as you said in your OP.

In the end though, it would just be easier to not have VAS at all, or have the players come in spawned with the "allowed" gear, there are plenty of different loadout scripts out there to use.

I appreciate what your saying, but I do like the sandbox type missions where players can kit themselves whatever is available in the addon, in this case Red Hammer Escalation.

I was hoping there would be something I could use in init.sqf rather mess around with VAS itself since I'm also considering another gear setup script.

Cheers anyways.

This code will gather all launchers defined in the config from where it executes. So it also includes all launchers from weapon mods.

_launchers = [];
_cfgWeapons = (ConfigFile/"cfgweapons");

for [{_i=0}, {_i<(count _cfgWeapons)}, {_i=_i+1}] do
{
   _class = _cfgWeapons select _i;
   if (isClass _class) then
   {
       if (getNumber(_class/"scope")==2) then  //public
       {
           if (count(getArray(_class/"magazines")) > 0) then  //has magazines
           {
               switch (getNumber(_class/"type")) do
               {
                   case 1: {};  //rifle
                   case 4: { _launchers pushBack toLower(configName _class); };  //launcher
                   case 2: {};  //handgun
               };
           };
       };
   };
};

This code can control execution for specific factions the player is on.

switch ([url=https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/faction]faction[/url] player) do
{
   case "BLU_F": {/*restrict the launchers here*/};
   case "OPF_F": {/*restrict the launchers here*/};
};

Edited by MrPineapple

This code will gather all launchers defined in the config from where it executes. So it also includes all launchers from weapon mods.

I can already do blacklists in VAS, but I wanted to avoid having to list all the vanilla weapons/items in VAS.

Cheers for the attempt.

Here's the thing. You're going to have to create some kind of list somewhere regardless... so what's wrong with using VAS's current blacklist system?

Here's the thing. You're going to have to create some kind of list somewhere regardless... so what's wrong with using VAS's current blacklist system?

As I stated in my OP, I wanted to avoid having to do a long list of every vanilla item, which is painful way of switching off every vanilla item.

Just would have though that BIS would have been smarter allowing a switch (using init.sqf?) to switch off the entire vanilla system weapons/items, considering the amount of anachronistic addons we've had over the last 10 years for the OFP/ARMA series.

Well if it is such a big thing, couldn't you just try and take VAS apart, so that it only includes the configs from certain mods that you want to use, instead of everything?

As I stated in my OP, I wanted to avoid having to do a long list of every vanilla item, which is painful way of switching off every vanilla item.

Just would have though that BIS would have been smarter allowing a switch (using init.sqf?) to switch off the entire vanilla system weapons/items, considering the amount of anachronistic addons we've had over the last 10 years for the OFP/ARMA series.

Bare with me here. Not trying to be a douchebag..

I know exactly what you stated in your OP. BI has nothing to do with Tonic's VAS :rolleyes: Or are we now talking about the BI VAS?? No matter how you slice it there will have to be a list somewhere. Tonic has provided the blacklist arrays. All's you have to do is take a few minutes and input the desired items. Which you could have already done 10x over.

Well if it is such a big thing, couldn't you just try and take VAS apart, so that it only includes the configs from certain mods that you want to use, instead of everything?

Actually that was mentioned in another thread. The use of blanket banning sides like BLU_F and OPF_F, which would be easy way solve my problem.

---------- Post added at 03:29 ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 ----------

Bare with me here. Not trying to be a douchebag..

I know exactly what you stated in your OP. BI has nothing to do with Tonic's VAS :rolleyes: Or are we now talking about the BI VAS?? No matter how you slice it there will have to be a list somewhere. Tonic has provided the blacklist arrays. All's you have to do is take a few minutes and input the desired items. Which you could have already done 10x over.

I never insinuated that BIS was involved with VAS, only stating that BIS would make it easy for any gear setup script like VAS, if they allowed for a switch for all their vanilla items used say in the mission's init.sqf.

Thanks for the suggestion, and find Tonics BL arrays which I wasn't aware of.

Actually that was mentioned in another thread. The use of blanket banning sides like BLU_F and OPF_F, which would be easy way solve my problem.

No one was filtering the weapons themselves directly via faction. Weapons do not have a faction. They do not even have side IDs. If any faction filtering was going on, it was something like below. Which leads right back to lists...

BLACKLISTITEMS = switch ( faction player ) do {
case "BLU_F": {[];}; // Remove these items if NATO Player
case "BLU_G_F": {[];}; // Remove these items if WEST FIA player
case "OPF_F": {[];}; // Remove these items if CSAT player
case "OPF_G_F": {[];}; // Remove these items if EAST FIA player
case "IND_F": {[];}; // Remove these items if AAF player
case "IND_G_F": {[];}; // Remove these items if AAF FIA player
default {[];}; // Remove these items if no match found ( civ etc )	
};  

Edited by Iceman77

No one was filtering the weapons themselves directly via faction. Weapons do not have a faction. They do not even have side IDs. If any faction filtering was going on, it was something like below. Which leads right back to lists...

BLACKLISTITEMS = switch ( faction player ) do {
case "BLU_F": {[];}; // Remove these items if NATO Player
case "BLU_G_F": {[];}; // Remove these items if WEST FIA player
case "OPF_F": {[];}; // Remove these items if CSAT player
case "OPF_G_F": {[];}; // Remove these items if EAST FIA player
case "IND_F": {[];}; // Remove these items if AAF player
case "IND_G_F": {[];}; // Remove these items if AAF FIA player
default {[];}; // Remove these items if no match found ( civ etc )	
};  

Which I've been searching for with no luck as yet. Have you got a list for all vanilla items ready made in a BL array ("item1,"item2" etc) ?

I can get one ready. Would you like me to?

Sure, that would be a great help.

Open up the vanilla game. Open and save a new mission. Create an init.sqf. Paste the below code into it. Preview the mission. Look into your .rpt.

// Retrieve Weapons

private ["_weaponsArray"];

_weaponsArray = [];
"
getNumber (_x >> 'scope') >= 2 &&	
{
	diag_log format ['%1', (configname _x)]; 
	_weaponsArray pushBack (configName _x);
	false
}
" configClasses (configFile >> "CfgWeapons");

diag_log format ["%1", _weaponsArray];

Open up the vanilla game. Open and save a new mission. Create an init.sqf. Paste the below code into it. Preview the mission. Look into your .rpt.

// Retrieve Weapons

_weaponsArray = [];
"
{
	false
}

Just to clarify, this will include all magazines, weapons and evrything else that player can choose to equip in vanilla ?

Just weapons and items. Not hats and vests.

_weaponsArray = [];
"
getNumber (_x >> 'type') != 131072 &&
{
	false
}

Just to clarify, this will include all magazines, weapons and evrything else that player can choose to equip in vanilla ?

I've provided a very solid base to pull vanilla gear without the manual hassle. You will need to filter containers too. eg; uniforms, vests, headgear etc. Some of the items you need are in cfgVehicles, cfgMagazines etc instead. Simply revise the code to pull the desired items... You will actually have to do SOMETHING here :)

Edited by Iceman77

This would only include weapons, if you want magazines you would need to add in another array filter (I speculate with the scope line):

_magsArray = [];
"
   {
       _magsArray pushBack (configName _x);
       false
   }
" configClasses (configFile >> "CfgMagazines");

diag_log format ["%1", _magsArray];

For the other gear, I'm not quite sure.

Exactly. See my last post revised at the bottom.

Yep, we wrote over eachother there :p.

I would also like to mention the cfgViewer ingame and in the editor. Next to looking into the actual game files (which is a hassle imo)... it's jesus really handy. It essentially has all of the info you could ever need. I would tinker with it if you haven't already.

Getting closer, got a problem though. Stop list at column 1034

"["SmokeLauncher","FlareLauncher","CMFlareLauncher","Laserdesignator_mounted","ItemWatch","ItemCompass","ItemGPS","ItemRadio","ItemMap","MineDetector","Binocular","Rangefinder","NVGoggles","NVGoggles_OPFOR","NVGoggles_INDEP","Laserdesignator","FirstAidKit","Medikit","ToolKit","launch_NLAW_F","launch_RPG32_F","launch_B_Titan_F","launch_I_Titan_F","launch_O_Titan_F","launch_B_Titan_short_F","launch_I_Titan_short_F","launch_O_Titan_short_F","srifle_DMR_01_F","srifle_DMR_01_ACO_F","srifle_DMR_01_MRCO_F","srifle_DMR_01_SOS_F","srifle_DMR_01_DMS_F","srifle_DMR_01_DMS_snds_F","srifle_DMR_01_ARCO_F","srifle_EBR_F","srifle_EBR_ACO_F","srifle_EBR_MRCO_pointer_F","srifle_EBR_ARCO_pointer_F","srifle_EBR_SOS_F","srifle_EBR_ARCO_pointer_snds_F","srifle_EBR_DMS_F","srifle_EBR_Hamr_pointer_F","srifle_EBR_DMS_pointer_snds_F","srifle_GM6_F","srifle_GM6_SOS_F","srifle_GM6_LRPS_F","srifle_LRR_F","srifle_LRR_SOS_F","srifle_LRR_LRPS_F","LMG_Mk200_F","LMG_Mk200_MRCO_F","LMG_Mk200_pointer_F","LMG_Zafir_F","LMG_Zafir_pointer_F","hgu