Sign in to follow this  
Mindwalker

ArmA3 is not giving me sound at all! (Only ArmA3, everything else works fine).

ArmA3 is not giving me sound at all! (Only ArmA3), everything else works fine (ie; youtube, other games, everything else).

I've tried;

* checking file integrity

* reinstalling ArmA3, completely removing all ArmA3 files from the system and clearing the register etc.

* reinstalled sound drivers

Any and all suggestions are welcome. Imaginary cookie to whoever solves it! :yay:

PS! This is the first real problem I've had with ArmA3, and I've had it since the alpha-times.

PPS! No. The mute button is not on and all sounds in ArmA3 are all the way up!

DxDiag:

http://pastebin.com/fSty8eVE

Edited by Mindwalker
Felt like adding a positive anecdote about my ArmA3 experience.

Is it possible through some freak accident that it is muted in your Windows Mixer settings? That's the only thing I can think of. Or maybe, if you have on-board sound and a dedicated sound-card it decided to use the one you're not using.

I am curious as to why your Realtek audio drivers are N/A in your dxdiag report. Can you confirm you've downloaded the correct Realtek audio codec version specific to your motherboard?

Is it possible through some freak accident that it is muted in your Windows Mixer settings? That's the only thing I can think of. Or maybe, if you have on-board sound and a dedicated sound-card it decided to use the one you're not using.

I checked and this is not what happened. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I am curious as to why your Realtek audio drivers are N/A in your dxdiag report. Can you confirm you've downloaded the correct Realtek audio codec version specific to your motherboard?

Yes, I have. It worked fine up until a few days ago when it suddenly stopped working! Strange that it shows up as N/A considering I'm listening to music/other games every day.

Did you do any system changes before the sound issue? Any OS updates, game updates, hardware updates?

Did you do any system changes before the sound issue? Any OS updates, game updates, hardware updates?

Nothing was changed. I was playing and the sound cut out.

That is very unusual. Why ArmA 3 is the only game with no sound on your system is confusing. You've done a reinstall, which indicates that you've tested with no addons/mods that could possibly conflict with the sound. Have you tried creating a new profile and deleting the other ones?

That is very unusual. Why ArmA 3 is the only game with no sound on your system is confusing. You've done a reinstall, which indicates that you've tested with no addons/mods that could possibly conflict with the sound. Have you tried creating a new profile and deleting the other ones?

Yes, except for the main profile which is impossible to delete anyway! (AFAIK!)

---------- Post added at 02:27 ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 ----------

Will reinstall Windows, upgrading it to Windows 8. Will report back if reinstalling everything solved the problem (or not).

Edited by Mindwalker
To cover my back with the (AFAIK!)

Will reinstall Windows, upgrading it to Windows 8. Will report back if reinstalling everything solved the problem (or not).

I figured you would have to reformat (or in your case upgrade to Windows 8), usually best to do once and awhile anyways. Sorry for not being able to truly help, you've already done all the basic things that usually solve these kinds of issues >.<

Well, that did the trick. The problem does no longer persist, and I am free to play as much ArmA3 as I want. Thanks for the helpful suggestions! :)

Well, that did the trick. The problem does no longer persist, and I am free to play as much ArmA3 as I want. Thanks for the helpful suggestions! :)

Glad you sorted everything out...though I wish the cause was determined for the sake of knowing.