Mattastic

Marine Expeditionary Force Mod

Mattastic, have I got great news for you regarding helos....

I'll need to come talk to you sometime.

You know where I'm at, your welcome to come over. Today's my longest work day of the week so I wont be around really til this evening. Just message me on steam.

Edited by Mattastic

The available download link on here and Armaholic may be expired if you try to click the links. The links were suspended due to excessive traffic, which I guess is the double edge of that sword. So, I'm going to get my DropBox upgraded and get new links out if I need to soon. Until then it is still downloadable from Steam Workshop. Thanks and apologies.

Update, all links should be working again.

Hey everyone, apologies for the delay with the next update and for the general inactivity. I have been busy with school and other general real life stuff. I am pleased to be able to tell you all though that there are some very nice additions coming to the mod. Along with some fixes for the last version the next update will contain a new vest variant, winter clothing, and genuine USMC helicopters. I plan to continue expanding, refining, and customizing the unit's themselves and groups, as well as the textures for units, vehicles and weapons. I am on the fence on whether I want to try and get the update out before the Marksman DLC release or after. Like the RH units I have I plan on creating units equipped with the DLC weapons for those who own it. Anyways that covers must of what I wanted to say. If there is anything that needs to be fixed from version 2.0 please contact me and I will add it to the list. Thank you and good day!

Good to hear Matt, good luck. Really wondering what bird you're bringing us.

-Regards,

Deny.

I feel very happy now that I've found that out...

It'll be the USMC craft I released awhile back edited with his own adjustments since I gave him the source files.

That's right! Thanks again for the hook up Karneck!

***Updated 9 AM 4/12/15

Here's some details about Version 2.1:

-2 New USMC Helicopters (Venom & Viper)

-Weapon Recoil and Sound updates

-New Vest (AAF Re-texture)

-Winter Camo Uniform & Headgear

-Winter Units & Groups

-Fixed & Updated Unit Loadouts Configuration (All units now have smoke, grenades, and sidearm)

-Fixed Flares for Blackfoot

-Adjusted armor values for plate carriers (Way to OP, much more realistic now)

-Separate .pbo's :yay:

Those are the main things i'm finishing up right now. There are a couple other things that will be revealed with release.

Edited by Mattastic

Matt, I just made some pretty big overhauls to my AH-1 and UH-1 in configs and slightly to the p3d models.

You'll see when I do my update on my USMC release. Let me know if you'd like the updates.

Also yay winter camo!!! You're the best and my unit has been loving (most of them anyway) the the uniforms.

Matt, I just made some pretty big overhauls to my AH-1 and UH-1 in configs and slightly to the p3d models.

You'll see when I do my update on my USMC release. Let me know if you'd like the updates.

Also yay winter camo!!! You're the best and my unit has been loving (most of them anyway) the the uniforms.

Yea that would be great, pass it along to me and i'll update mine. Thanks.

Thanks for sending us the newest release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

What's the faction name in Alive?

"MEF;" is the faction name. I recommend you blacklist the RH groups unless you are running RH. If you don't there there is a good chance ALiVE will try and use them. If ALiVE deploys those groups without RH running then the units will not have weapons and you will get a pop up error. Go here for more info : http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Custom_Blacklists

Edited by Mattastic

"MEF;" is the faction name. I recommend you blacklist the RH groups unless you are running RH. If you don't there there is a good chance ALiVE will try and use them. If ALiVE deploys those groups without RH running then the units will not have weapons and you will get a pop up error. Go ehre for more info : http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Custom_Blacklists

Cheers! Thanks for the info.

I've started working on an OPFOR Faction for the modification. The faction will depict the Islamic State. As of now I plan to include IS Fighters, IS Commandos, IS Vehicles, and possibly Boko Haram. The units will include some retextured assets, but there will be A2 style clothing, gear, and weapons also. As soon as I have the first unit done I will post a preview picture. Also, I am working to resolve the bug with Auto Rifleman and Machine Gunners not firing their weapons, please be patient. Thank you everyone for the continued use and support of the mod. There is still much more to come.

Is there a way to select 1 variant of the available uniforms (ex: spawn only desert uniforms on Marines) while using ALiVE modules?

Was interesting to see a squad of Artic uniformed Marines patrolling the Altis coastline! :)

Awesome addon!

thanks what you will need to do is create blacklists for groups for ALiVE. The group classnames for snow groups are as follows: "MEF_Snow_InfSquad","MEF_Snow_InfTeam","MEF_Snow_InfTeam_AT","MEF_Snow_InfSentry". Here is a the wiki on creating a blacklist http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Custom_Blacklists . Essentially if you looking to only have snow units spawn with ALiVE you would need to black list all other groups except the snow ones.

Group Classnames:

"MEF_InfSquad"

"MEF_InfTeam"

"MEF_InfTeam_AT"

"MEF_InfSentry"

"MEF_Des_InfSquad"

"MEF_Des_InfTeam"

"MEF_Des_InfTeam_AT"

"MEF_Des_InfSentry"

RH Weapon Groups(Always blacklists unless you are running RH M4/16):

"MEF_RH_InfSquad"

"MEF_Des_RH_InfSquad"

Hope this helps!

I'm adding a new unit to the mod in the next update. They are 2nd Marine Raider Battalion units. Check out a preview below.

hB2xM7jl.jpg

Just hit 10K subscribers on steam workshop for Marine Expeditionary Force. Here is another preview of some new things coming in Version 2.2 within the next week.

2z515S2m.jpgcVD6NmVm.jpgUyCwNbpm.jpg

Version 2.2 has been released! Perfect timing with the USMC declaring the F-35B Initial Operation Capable yesterday. Now MEF Mod users can get one in the mod. Enjoy!