Mattastic

Marine Expeditionary Force Mod

I modified the mod a bit so it supports Insignia. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Unit_Insignia#Objects

config.cpp:

class CfgVehicles{
class MEF_WMARPAT_LS: B_Soldier_base_F{
	hiddenSelections[]={
		"Camo", "insignia"
	};
}
class ... 
}

(this for all the soldier classes in CfgVehicles that change the hiddenSelections field.)

This way I can show the insignia on the sleeves of the uniform.

Feel free to use this code!

1Lt.Ralpha

27thSM

http://www.27thsm.com/

Edited by Ralpha
add url

After having a few people test the new version, I have concluded the bug is on my end. Not sure what it is, but it shouldn't be experienced by users. Testers report ZERO bugs and full functionality. Update will be released sometime tonight.

Version 1.8 is released, please give me feedback on any bugs found.

Totally missed this update because I was looking on ARMAHOLIC for it. Downloading now and I'll be back!

It should be up on Armaholic soon, it has been in validation queue since last night.

Ok, had time to go over it.

I absolutely love it. However a few issues.

1st - The AAF variant MARPAT uniform cannot be worn by "BLUFOR" soldiers. Not sure if this was missed in config settings or not. Just bringing it up since my group plays with all of us set as BLUFOR.

2nd. I too am getting that mismatched helmet // hat issue. Although I was running AGM, TFAR and MCC at the time. I'll back and check it out but I'm pretty sure they are not related to the issue.

If it helps, the MICH Helmet's weren't doing it. However all the rest of the new hats and helmets were having that issue. And the only time it happens, is when your character is in standing "idle" and does a "yawn" animation.

Hope this helps and I hope to see another release with these fixes soon. Regardless, we'll be using the uniforms after I do a quick server test to check for any RPT errors. Of which if I find any, I'll post here.

EDIT:

Re-ran it except with no TFAR and no AGM (Need MCC to spawn objects in game). So the MICH Helmets and the Boonie hats are fine. It's just the other new hat's and helmets that are not.

Edited by Karneck

Ok, had time to go over it.

I absolutely love it. However a few issues.

1st - The AAF variant MARPAT uniform cannot be worn by "BLUFOR" soldiers. Not sure if this was missed in config settings or not. Just bringing it up since my group plays with all of us set as BLUFOR.

2nd. I too am getting that mismatched helmet // hat issue. Although I was running AGM, TFAR and MCC at the time. I'll back and check it out but I'm pretty sure they are not related to the issue.

If it helps, the MICH Helmet's weren't doing it. However all the rest of the new hats and helmets were having that issue. And the only time it happens, is when your character is in standing "idle" and does a "yawn" animation.

Hope this helps and I hope to see another release with these fixes soon. Regardless, we'll be using the uniforms after I do a quick server test to check for any RPT errors. Of which if I find any, I'll post here.

Thanks for liking the update. I am sorry that you are experiencing the bug, hopefully more people can get more info on it with this release and find a solution. The AAF uniforms can indeed be worn by BLUFOR units. Their specific vehicle class is not showing up in the editor, but the pieces of gear can be worn. I went back just now and tested it. Whether you use ammo boxes or something like VAS you'll need to add those pieces of gear you want to wear manually. I am working on fixing the issue with not seeing the actual peaceable units that wear the IND re textures.

What I did was use MCC, place a box down, and added the uniforms to it. Walked up to it as my character was a "NATO" solider and the AAF uniform was redded out for me to pull out of the box. I spawned a IND solider, controlled via ZEUS and he was able to pull the AAF uniform out of the box and wear it. But not the "NATO" uniform.

Not a huge issue by any means, but I figured I'd like you know about it all the same.

Although once you get the uniforms added to ZEUS it should be added and be able to use via arsenal.

My unit also use ammobox's that have scroll wheel load out's as well. So all we'd have to do is add the uniform in to place what we're wearing. To us it's not an issue, but for those wanting it to work "out of the box" it could be frustrating for them.

I have fixed the uniform issue and everything is wearable by BLUFOR. The new headgear issue is looking like it has two issues now. The same issue of it tilting on the head, as well as the headgear dropping from the head to below the pelvis area after a certain distance due to lack of proper LODs maybe. This area of the job is not my strong suit, but I have some options I am going to explore to find a solution. If you would like to take it upon yourself to look into the issues for a solution that would be much appreciated and credited. New version with fully wearable gear will be up within the hour.

Edited by Mattastic

Hopped onto Mattastic's teamspeak and we swapped some ideas and I helped him solve a few other issues not related to the helmets. I'll be in touch once I talk to my Mod Team leader in my unit.

Mattastic, I opened up your .pbo file and fixed the helmet/hat issues. Now they display properly, at distances, and no longer have the 'tilt' issue. I am uploading the file to dropbox, and will PM you the link shortly. I left a readme inside with the changes that were made.

Mattastic, I opened up your .pbo file and fixed the helmet/hat issues. Now they display properly, at distances, and no longer have the 'tilt' issue. I am uploading the file to dropbox, and will PM you the link shortly. I left a readme inside with the changes that were made.

Wow thanks so much, you have been really helpful. Credit as testers and bug fixers will be given to you and some others, it's the least I can do for all of your and others help.

This is fucking great news! Can you tell us what you did? Because documentation of this issue is hard to come by. And I'd like to keep a reference point handy.

Yeah, this was actually the first time I had ever come across this issue...but I'm sure it's probably more common for folks that work with models alot. My fix, unfortunately, isn't really much to document on. I simply did some re-pathing and added a couple files that were missing for the models, but really not much to put on paper. Knew it had something to do with the models, so just had to dive in there and find what was missing. ;)

I'm updating the link on this forum and Steam Workshop right now with the fully functional version 1.8. Sent Six and Armaholic the updated versions also. Thanks for the patience and support.

Not to bust your bubble. But you forgot to set your guys to side = 1 in your config in CfgVehicles

This means they don't show up in ZEUS at all until they are set as such.

Otherwise everything works perfectly, this is awesome stuff.

example

class MEF_WMARPAT_LS : B_Soldier_base_F

{

Side = 1;

scope = 2;

displayName = "0311 Rifleman";

faction = "MEF";

nakedUniform = "U_BasicBody";

vehicleClass = "MEF_A3_Units_1";

backpack = "MEF_Wood_Kitbag";

weapons[] = {"ej_m16a4","Throw","Put"};

respawnWeapons[] = {"ej_m16a4","Throw","Put"};

magazines[] = {"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red"};

respawnmagazines[] = {"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red"};

linkedItems[] = {"MEF_Wood_Goggles_Helmet_LWH","MEF_Vest_Tan_Infantry","optic_Hamr","G_Bandanna_khk","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemGPS","ItemWatch"};

respawnLinkedItems[] = {"MEF_Wood_Goggles_Helmet_LWH","MEF_Vest_Tan_Infantry","optic_Hamr","G_Bandanna_khk","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemGPS","ItemWatch"};

uniformClass = "MEF_Wood_MARPAT_LS";

hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo"};

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\mef_mod\textures\wmarpat\mef_wmarpat_co.paa"};

Not to bust your bubble. But you forgot to set your guys to side = 1 in your config in CfgVehicles

This means they don't show up in ZEUS at all until they are set as such.

Otherwise everything works perfectly, this is awesome stuff.

example

I will fix that now, thanks!

---------- Post added at 07:55 ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 ----------

Alright it should be fixed now, latest version is up.

The LWH helmet w/o Goggles is still bugged a bit. It will spaz out when the mouth moves, specifically if your using TFAR and your talking in game.The M27 is bugged right now also, but I have already fixed it on my side. Issues are being looked at. Everything else is good to go.

Edited by Mattastic

Sorry about that Matt, I didn't touch the LWH helmet w/o goggles, due to the reason I wasn't aware it also had the same issues. Would you like me to go over it and make a fix?