mikey74

SAMO Squad Action Menu Orders

It works really well!

Edit: I'm actually having a lot of fun with this Cosmic, thank you. It makes it possible to have a poorly trained group actually win a firefight with good application of suppression and manoeuvre, which is something Arma sorely needed to make commanding AI less cumbersome! 

Weird.. I can't get the new SAMO to suppress at all. Tried disabling everything else AI relate...no joy. Weird. Will try to isolate

Love the possibilities this adds to the game. However only machinegun units will do the suppressive fire

That pretty odd and hard to troubleshoot lol... 3 seperate experiences. I haven't had any issues so I'm not sure guys. 

All your guys should fire by default and you also have the ability to only select certain units as well and have them suppress... so you could have one team suppress while another moves.

• Like 2

The suppression script should also take into effect LOS. If there is something blocking there LOS they will not fire. I've also noticed with Suppressing the further the distance AI will not bear down on them so much.

Samo has been updated on steam

• Like 2

It works flawlessly for me every time, using the quick action commands. Haven't actually tried any other way as that works so well! 

• Like 1

Hello,

For me also the suppress function isn't working very well... For some reason, the grenadier with his underbarreled GL, the sniper and the DLC weapons (assault squad) they all properly suppress but the others soldiers are idle.

Is there a specific group I can test? Is this in the editor or a specific mission I could try?

Just tried it again. AI will suppress with everything but rifles. When I entered expansions I got this error message: No Entry 'config.bin/CfgMods/SAMOmod.action'.

Is there a specific group I can test? Is this in the editor or a specific mission I could try?

BLUFOR rifle squad on airport, suppress the hill... only GL will be used.

REDFOR rifle squad, GL and Sniper (?) only

DLC squad, MMG and DMR fire at will, all others quiet.

Just tried it again. AI will suppress with everything but rifles. When I entered expansions I got this error message: No Entry 'config.bin/CfgMods/SAMOmod.action'.

Its getting weird... can't replicate it. That bin error is just from the mod.cpp which links it to the icon on the title menu. Not related to internal workings of mod. Ill just take that out.

BLUFOR rifle squad on airport, suppress the hill... only GL will be used.

REDFOR rifle squad, GL and Sniper (?) only

DLC squad, MMG and DMR fire at will, all others quiet.

This is what Im seeing. Its odd. Ignore the transition with the MY MOVIE lol... i forgot to pull that text when I edited and im not gonna redo and reupload.

I literally tested every unit one by one and they all fire as you can see in the vid.

I have Samo last in the load order... maybe try that. I can't think of anything in there that is unit specific and the only change since last version was literally 10 lines to change the target and change the call for the target... nothing that SHOULD create that problem that I can think... sigh... I will go through it again tomorrow and see if i can pin it down. It may be a LOS thing...

edit - i just did some more testing and i did have a situation where some of the guys didnt shoot at the hill. it looks like a LOS thing. when I rotate and place the suppress point at ground level nearby it works fine... test that and let me know if you get all rifles firing at a point right in front of you nearby

Edit 2. Yes I think at certain extreme angles the shooting location may be hidden so they go idle. Will do more investigating

• Like 1

So I isolated just CBA, latest ACE3 and SAMO.

Can only get snipers to suppress?

They fire, go prone, stand, fire, go prone...cycle 3 times then stop. 

All other units lock firing stance onto target but do not fire. If I order cease fire they go to relaxed position. This happens with SAMO menu orders or quick order.

B

Btw and nothing to the problem related, I noticed there is a idle time at the end of a map loading (about 30 sec, for nothing).

I can associate that with a sleep 1; you put at the end of SAMO_Support_Init.sqf

CA_Targeted = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'SAMO\CA_Targeted.sqf';
    sleep 1;
    player globalChat format ["SAMO V0.37cba is Live!",SAMO_menu];

If you comment that part, you don't wait each time on loading as seen on your video.

The mod still runs pretty good after that.

(this is unrelated to the actual problem I have).

Can the mod malfunction if you remove the pbo from the folder @SOMA and put it in another @MISC folder, for instance ?

Btw and nothing to the problem related, I noticed there is a idle time at the end of a map loading (about 30 sec, for nothing).

I can associate that with a sleep 1; you put at the end of SAMO_Support_Init.sqf

If you comment that part, you don't wait each time on loading as seen on your video.

The mod still runs pretty good after that.

(this is unrelated to the actual problem I have).

Can the mod malfunction if you remove the pbo from the folder @SOMA and put it in another @MISC folder, for instance ?

Actually I've noticed this issue too, that delay stops ALiVE player location persistence from initialising. 

I took out the sleep and it looks like you are right. Any idea why that happens?

In any case, We are testing a new version that I will hopefully upload in a bit for you guys to have a look at. It "seems" to work better. 

• Like 2

so v 0.39 looks like this...

Im currently looking at taping footage from v0.40

with new LOS script from Mikey that we use in FOA

Video incoming later.

I still never understand the AI dropping to prone then kneeling then standing, as shown in your video (2:05 in particular).  Is there a way to lock them into kneeling/prone (assuming they have LOS!) while suppressing ?

I'm keen to use SAMO to suppress while others move to a new position, so looking forward to seeing what Mikey can come up with :)

I still never understand the AI dropping to prone then kneeling then standing, as shown in your video (2:05 in particular).

download_zpsk1wvsl0c.jpg

v0.40a

Los Scipt integrated into it seems to work very well

Just wanted to see what it looked like from their end.

I took a look at the unit stance and i think its a bit better now.

There is still the odd one and excuse the crappy commanding. just trying to get them LOS and get them underfire to see if they were bobbing.

Are the AI enhancements applied generally? As in, will enemy/friendly AI react the same way as shown even if I'm not commanding them?

Also, which sound mod is used in the videos above? JSRS?

Are the AI enhancements applied generally? As in, will enemy/friendly AI react the same way as shown even if I'm not commanding them?

Also, which sound mod is used in the videos above? JSRS?

Keep in mind samo Is a command menu. So it doesn't fall under the umbrella of ai enhancement. More like a group control enhancement.

The videos mainly show the execution of those commands for your player squad.

That time sound mod was LAxemann dynasound v1.10. I switch between them all once in awhile.

Hello cosmic10r,

I think I found a root cause behind the mod malfunction some of us experience, I found out the service weapons don't suppress for some reason (that includes the MX family, F2000, the Tavor and the Katiba series). I tested all squad group, and noticed that only the guns in another caliber than 6.5mm and 5.56mm actually work (7.62mm, 9.3mm, .338 Norma Magnum, UGL).

I don't know if it's related to AmmoGive in some way, I can't say. But there's definitely a pattern.

I really want to enjoy your mod, it's genius and a game changer, let's hope next update can deliver the experience to everyone :)

Hey Nikoteen,

I am "pretty sure" ... lol... famous last words... that it was more to do with LOS and the target config than anything. Have a look at the v0.40 video and you can see all the guns are firing.

There shouldn't be anything specifying calibers as the ammo scripts generally just return the ammo type.

The difference between .39 and .40 were insanely noticable. I integrated the LOS script and they immediately changed behaviour for the better.

.40 was taped right after I did the switch. That's how much difference there was.

I'm going to keep digging but it should be out today or tomorrow and you guys can tell me if it's working better :)

I'll make a squad with just those rifles to be sure.

• Like 2

In all actuality in my test they rip up hill side a bit better than the videos, but I look for good LOS. :P Anyways refering to effecting AI. You will need FOA for that. We hope to have a release for next gen FOA in a few weeks to a month depending on work and life.

In all actuality in my test they rip up hill side a bit better than the videos, but I look for good LOS. :P

Well if your internet would stay up for more than ten minutes at a time you could upload videos too....  ;)

Im not sure how much more definitive i can make that... lol... i tested all three with diff units all using that rifle.

here is the current changelog. I will try to get it out tomorrow.  I need to just check the scripts one last time when I can actually see.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/////////////////Changelog v0.40b, SAMO, by the A.I.M team////////////////////
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

_Less working out on the job - Kremator
_small script cleanup
_startup hint removed. I'm tired of looking at it ;P

/////////////////Changelog v0.40a, SAMO, by the A.I.M team////////////////////

_sleep removed - nikoteen
_Target config adjusted and suppress script changed.
_Suppression hopefully fixed.
_after suppression, unit goes back to idle - nikoteen
_fixed mod \action error in expansion menu

lol... i just noticed i added opfor twice to the vid iinstead of blufor
LOL
anyhoo... i did test blufor and they fired the same way the mx... i gotta stop trying to do this stuff when im so tired

edit... can a few of you guys look at this and see if it works properly as in the vids b4 it goes anywhere else... Cheers

• Like 1

I tried the test release this morning and to my anticipated sadness, that doesn't work any better.

The units that was already firing anyway seem to fire better indeed :)

What I really don't understand is why it works to you and some others and not with my test launch (vanilla+cba[latest]+SAMO only).

I now wait for the others feedback.

I tried the test release this morning and to my anticipated sadness, that doesn't work any better.

The units that was already firing anyway seem to fire better indeed :)

What I really don't understand is why it works to you and some others and not with my test launch (vanilla+cba[latest]+SAMO only).

I now wait for the others feedback.

ahahahahahahahahahah... i figured it out....

Expect an update soon

• Like 1