mikey74

SAMO Squad Action Menu Orders

Another test... I purposely set up a opfor group to get between me and my team after they begin regrouping to see how they behave...

Hi Bad Karma

The difference between the versions is only dependant on which version of CBA u use... 0.36 is the old cba... 0.37 is latest cba with new key bindings. Some people had a few issues when cba changed key bindings so 0.36 link was provided for those needing older version.

I use some pbos from ace 3 but it should work with ace 3

Let us know.if u have more ?s

Cheers

Thanks.

I loaded SAMO up this evening and thus far no conflicts and no error messages on load in. I only hopped in the Marksman Showcase mission, I've yet to get far enough in the default campaign to actually command a squad. I'm sure I'll spend a full 2 days engrossed in command basics once I get that far, along with rearranging key binds until I'm satisfied with my competency and my Keymapper layout.

I will update once I start figuring out command basics and get all the SOMA commands mastered.

ThreadResurrection_zpsstwyqu8h.jpg

Well after some work... the Aussie Peel actually works reasonably well.

I had to make some concessions on how it actually functions and a lot of testing is needed.

but  it works :ph34r:

ill get a vid up at some point but still lots of testing going on...

Concessions were made to keep them moving as quickly as possible back to player.  Its very structured with no combat but when the shooting starts they tend to vary the behavior a bit which does add some variety. Still plenty of testing to do and has to be built differently for varied teamcounts which will be a coding/testing nightmare. Anyways... I have tried it a few times during a mission and it works fairly well with some obvious issues such as if you cant see the team or if there is a building in between you and the team... 

As proof of concept, works fairly well... fully functional for playing... 10%

Maybe StTosin will let me sleep now  :P

Concessions were made to keep them moving as quickly as possible back to player.  Its very structured with no combat but when the shooting starts they tend to vary the behavior a bit which does add some variety. Still plenty of testing to do and has to be built differently for varied teamcounts which will be a coding/testing nightmare. Anyways... I have tried it a few times during a mission and it works fairly well with some obvious issues such as if you cant see the team or if there is a building in between you and the team... 

As proof of concept, works fairly well... fully functional for playing... 10%

Maybe StTosin will let me sleep now  :P

No rest for the weary!

So I am glad to present another concept test video showing the team pulling back directly from the contact regardless of player position.

Take 3 presents a situation where team splits into two files and peel away from contact.

• Like 1

@ mikey74 & cosmic10r 

why can't this be used in coop play that human players are only squad leaders?

Can it only be used for only one person at a time.

Have you ever attempted to make it MP? 

So you can have a few squad leaders going against each other in a mission all having a small squad of AI units using this command system.

Looking really good with the peel. Any closer to release?

Peel in C2 now. I stopped working on this a while back tbh.

we will get there at some point. C2 does have peel now and is a great alternative. I would like to see a peel and push in SAMO.

@ mikey74 & cosmic10r

why can't this be used in coop play that human players are only squad leaders?

Can it only be used for only one person at a time.

Have you ever attempted to make it MP? 

So you can have a few squad leaders going against each other in a mission all having a small squad of AI units using this command system.

What isnt working Avbird. I use this on our Dedi a fair bit. I think the last Nexus update broke something. Does suppress still work for you?

It needs some Love when I get some time for sure though. I still also want to add a garrison command as well.

What isnt working Avbird. I use this on our Dedi a fair bit. I think the last Nexus update broke something. Does suppress still work for you?

It needs some Love when I get some time for sure though. I still also want to add a garrison command as well.

Suppression seems to have been broken! Otherwise, it seems to work well. 

Suppression seems to have been broken! Otherwise, it seems to work well. 

i thought it might be. Mikey has some cool new stuff and I want to see how it works in Samo but I will push out a quick update shortly to fix that with the improved target.

one quick thing to try... use the disperse command to order AI to move. You may like it. :)

• Like 1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hmh80uf91a1zo0/Samo%20v038.zip?dl=0

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/////////////////Changelog v0.38, SAMO, by the A.I.M team////////////////////
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

_Fixed Suppression with Mikeys new improved target after Nexus Update broke it

Give this one a whirl guys
  • Like 1

It works really well! Is there a way to reset the AI looking direction once suppression has finished? 

Edit: I'm actually having a lot of fun with this Cosmic, thank you. It makes it possible to have a poorly trained group actually win a firefight with good application of suppression and manoeuvre, which is something Arma sorely needed to make commanding AI less cumbersome! 

Weird.. I can't get the new SAMO to suppress at all. Tried disabling everything else AI relate...no joy. Weird. Will try to isolate

Love the possibilities this adds to the game. However only machinegun units will do the suppressive fire