mikey74

SAMO Squad Action Menu Orders

Yes, but it's not always reproduceable. Just messing around with this in both urban and in woods and that happened a few times.

I can confirm that this has happened to me as well. I've also had a kind of loop playing a voice command after ordering suppression, saying something like '3, 5, hold fire', '3, 5, hold fire', '3, 5, hold fire', ad infinitum until I exited. It's only happened a couple of times though. I kind of had the impression there was a conflict between commands I gave in the normal way and commands given through SAMO?

I can confirm that this has happened to me as well. I've also had a kind of loop playing a voice command after ordering suppression, saying something like '3, 5, hold fire', '3, 5, hold fire', '3, 5, hold fire', ad infinitum until I exited. It's only happened a couple of times though. I kind of had the impression there was a conflict between commands I gave in the normal way and commands given through SAMO?

The spam messages will be addressed but it's not anything you guys are doing. I have an idea on that in the short term.

Read Mikey's post #23 about LOS.

Ive added the bug reports to post 4, If you guys see any consistencies in the hold fire let us know so we can pin it down

I can confirm that we have menu working but still needs to be refined and I'm not even sure the one Im working on will be a release version but we are definately moving in that direction

As it stands now I can press two buttons and the squad will disperse or suppress where the cursor is pointed so it has sped up the process vs the action wheel. we shall see though...

Edited by CosmiC10R

awsome guys! I was thinking of maybe making the pointer show up when menu shows up so that you dont have an extra key or scroll to fumble through. What are your thoughts?

awsome guys! I was thinking of maybe making the pointer show up when menu shows up so that you dont have an extra key or scroll to fumble through. What are your thoughts?

How would use last postion work in that environment. would it simply ignore current pointer position?

yup. ;) so would also setting combat stances like got hot, go silent, and all clear. Things that do not need the pointer will simply ignor it. My thoughts are if you're in a panic. You dont want to fumble around with keys and mouse as much with disperse or suppress commands. Seconds count. ;) btw I've not delved much with squad commands for this reason. That being said. When you set a team. Then call the team will it automatically select the units for that team?

Edited by Mikey74

Yes. Speaking of seconds counting....check out using VAC with the Menu version CosmiC10R is working on:

My thoughts are if you're in a panic. You dont want to fumble around with keys and mouse as much with disperse or suppress commands. Seconds count.

This is vital, we really need a simple intuitive way to bypass all those clumsy default key presses and get the job done!

cool stuff! love the silent mode and AI only attack when discovered

but you know that there is a vanilla give order to watch a direction or supress by selecting a unit and hit the ALT key

cool stuff! love the silent mode and AI only attack when discovered

but you know that there is a vanilla give order to watch a direction or supress by selecting a unit and hit the ALT key

Yep. But it doesn't work.

Hopefully there will be options to Heavily Suppress as well -I had 9 mg'ers with me in LibMod but the suppression was a little lighter than I expected. Was expecting some real hell burning smoke and metal though something in a barn did catch fire courtesy the GL mod along with it.

P.S : We gonna need more ammo

You could make a custom menu and use showCommandingMenu accessible with a key press if you don't want to put the actions in the scroll menu.

Or a key press and one action in the scroll menu to access the custom menu.

I think if you define the custom menu in the config, then you can replicate some of the commands from the command menu.

You could make a custom menu and use showCommandingMenu accessible with a key press if you don't want to put the actions in the scroll menu.

Or a key press and one action in the scroll menu to access the custom menu.

I think if you define the custom menu in the config, then you can replicate some of the commands from the command menu.

This has already been done :)

Mikey and I were on the same track and Sttosin will be testing the newest version in mod form shortly

Mikey had been working his derriere off to get this one out to you guys :)

I currently have the menu mapped to the delete key.

So press delete, menu comes up and you can either scroll or select the number

allows you to suppress a position by pressing delete and 2, so it is very quick and becomes second nature... im gonna macro that on my sidekeys and try it out...

We are working on making that key configurable in the userconfig so you can map it to what you want.

We would like feedback on the two versions once the menu version is released as to what is more intuitive to use... so stay tuned

---------- Post added at 01:33 ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 ----------

Hopefully there will be options to Heavily Suppress as well -I had 9 mg'ers with me in LibMod but the suppression was a little lighter than I expected. Was expecting some real hell burning smoke and metal though something in a barn did catch fire courtesy the GL mod along with it.

P.S : We gonna need more ammo

Mikey was thinking of making it so that only mg s suppress... not sure if that will be an upcoming parameter but we can look into why that is...

In terms of ammo, the problem has been discussed but we haven't come to a conclusion on how to address it..

I was thinking of an ammo drop command from a fancy new ch-67... but we shall see :)

yup froggy I had it burning like we like, but ammo became an issue. I was debating a set ammo command to full like FFIS has, but have been debating it as it takes away from realism a bit. Well I could work on an ammo and ambulance thing. Was considering putting this into AISS at one point or another. This may be easier with the command menu for player. Sorry for the delay on stuff, but I've been working 12 to 14 hours a day. plus putting in what hours I have working on menu and menu commands with Cosmic, and chasing some bugs.

Or just leave it up to the mission developers to use foresight on this issue and make ammo grabs and conservation a real priority. One annoying bug in Vanilla is the "Low Ammo, Outta Ammo!" sending player on a wild goose chase for more ammo only to find out they meant their 1 pistol mag...:rolleyes:

Either way, I can't support this mod's scope and focus enough -THE most needed infantry mechanic missing in the game.

I currently have the menu mapped to the delete key.

So press delete, menu comes up and you can either scroll or select the number

Personally, I'd much rather have the key easily accessible to my left hand. Delete means either letting go of the mouse or reaching across the keyboard with left hand and trying to hit the correct key. Either of them would mean looking down at the keyboard. In a firefight I try not to take my eyes off the screen ;-)

hmmm I was wondering about that. I use the space bar for the menu option. It makes it easier. The mouse is used after the key is hit. We will have a userconfig were you can map the key you want. Any suggestion guys?

Personally, I'd much rather have the key easily accessible to my left hand. Delete means either letting go of the mouse or reaching across the keyboard with left hand and trying to hit the correct key. Either of them would mean looking down at the keyboard. In a firefight I try not to take my eyes off the screen ;-)
hmmm I was wondering about that. I use the space bar for the menu option. It makes it easier. The mouse is used after the key is hit. We will have a userconfig were you can map the key you want. Any suggestion guys?

Have no fear... it will absolutely be and is user configurable as mikey said... at the very least through the user config (I had to change it in the user config back to delete in the build mikey sent me :) ) and likely thru cba keybinding as well, all though that will create a cba dependency if we want to add it to the configure addon menu in controls that cba adds...

thats the bigger question is do we want a dependency?

CBA is good. I use it for AISS. So I wont have a problem making Samo dependent on CBA if everyone else is ok with it. ;)

Lol... fair enough... I thought so too but didn't want to presume ;)

Mikey had been killing it and internally we are discussing features for release sometime in the next two weeks of a new version of a ytbdetermined version number lol...

confirmed added but not a complete list

-Menu via key bind and selections via number keys

-Userconfig key binding for menu select

2014-11-23_00002_zpseb465f6c.jpg

post 4 updated...

edit- I changed the release to next two weeks... a few features and issues need to be addressed as well as testing... it may be sooner...

Edited by CosmiC10R

Nice you got it working for individual squaddies! Still seems a bit light, why not have a couple MG'ers lay full rounds of 100 down :)

I'm not as familiar with your Suppression response from the defender but it would be cool to really pin an AI down to where he just won't move or crawl for his life.