mikey74

SAMO Squad Action Menu Orders

Introducing: Squad Action Menu Orders (SAMO)

image.php?u=60588&dateline=1420145179&type=thumb

A.I.M Team Founders

Mikey74

StTosin

CosmiC10R

A.I.M testing and development Team

FroggyLuv

Redarmy

Jcae2798

flyingPenguin

Jackralph

Brickwall

instructions for keybinds:

When a mission has begun, goto configure, then click controls. Down the bottom you will see Configure Addons, here is where you will find the default SAMO key to rebind.

A Special thanks to the A.I.M team for all the hardwork!

Thanks RAINF for simplifying instructions for keybinding.

Thanks badLucky1776 for the help on that last version ...

I am considering changing the menu call to "Layin down the Hate" lol

and a very Special Thanks to PitGurl for the logos...

Samo provides you with easy access to commands on demand:

It provides you with a pointer to better see where your orders will take place.

You can order your units to cover fire. This is based off position you are pointing at. So I recommend you use the pointer before giving this command.

You can order your units to disperse at position your looking at. Same as above recommend using the pointer.

You can order you units to watch a certain position. Same as above recommend using the pointer

You can Order units into different combat modes:

Go Hot will command units to go to combat behavior and free to engage.

Go Silent will command units to go into stealth mode only firing when they are spotted.

All clear will tell units to go aware and engage if a target is spotted. This will not take effect if enemies are known about.

All of these commands are accessed by you mouse wheel Just like if you want to change to AT weapon or pistol.

Its not perfect yet, but it does add to the commands for your squad. Also If you have AISS this will be included in the next AISS update.

This is no longer in the action menu and can only be called via bound keys that can be rebound in the configure add on menu of the configure >>> controls menu in a mission

the keys do stay set to the key so you dont have to do it every mission.

Forgot to mention this version includes RedArmy's Rapid Action Suppress key and StTosin's new Rapid Action Cease Fire key bound in the same configure addons menu.

Cosmic

Download:

SAMO V0.36A RELEASE VERSION LINK

Thanks to Cosmic and AIM team!!! :) You all get atta boys!!!

Mikey... please add .36 - cba 1.09 compatible version link on main page.... pretty please :D :D

Previous:

alpha 2

changelog:

Added a bit more beef to suppression command and its based off squad size.

Revamped menu:

Now you just have 1 action menu key or the default delete key which can be change via userconfig.

Samo pointer is automatice when menu is called and its intuitive to what you orders are

You can now select units you wish to perform certian actions: suppress, watch position, and disperse.

Few other minor tweaks and changes.

SAMO_MOD_Alpha1

BIG THANKS goes out to

Sttosin a visionary/tester who has pushed me to make this better and continues relentlessly pushing me. ;)

CosmiC10R wise/coding guru/tester who has pointed out valuable information and bugs I would have missed other wise.

froggyluv is now apart of the AIM team. His information has also been Valuable to us. ;)

We are still open for coders and testers and other for AISS and SAMO. Please pm me if you are interested.

If this is a success its because of these two. The vision and information are invaluable! If it flops its all me. :)

Edited by Mikey74
  • Like 1

in future updates as soon as I figure out keybindings It will. ;)

A couple of things will be tested I'm sure ;)

I'm finally off for the weekend so I'm going to work on a couple of menu ideas tonight and tomorrow. See what mikey thinks.

Great work mikey... all you buddy... I'm just along for the ride ;)

Requests, Future Plans and Bug Tracker in Spoiler :)

Requests

-Request - Remove Menu from Action Commands - DONE
-Request - Commands only affect selected teammates - DONE
-Request - Suppress Last works off of last group - In Progress 0%

Future Plans

-Menu's changed - Done. May change to custom GUI eventually
-Vehicle Suppressive Fire - tbd - is it even possible
-CBA Keybinding for configure addons menu - DONE

Bugs

-~seems like squaddies can get stuck in Hold Fire with this. Generally I try to approach enemy with Hold Fire before I let them open up. - Confirmed - In progress
-~ squaddies also sometimes get stuck in the 'Wait' stance after 1 volley of suppressive fire making them hard to control. - Confirmed - In progress
-~ squad spams "Cannot Fire", - Confirmed -SOLVED, FEEDBACK REQUESTED.
-~ Squad will sometimes fire into the ground while getting up or while turning. - Confirmed - Significantly better with Suppression length adjustments

Latest Armaholic Download Link. Thanks Foxhound!

news_download_a3_3.png

Edited by cosmic10r

I'm looking at keybinding this thing what are your thoughts? Would it be easier to say press maybe umm alt and the pointer pops up then press the mouse button or something to that effect to fire off covering fire? OR should I mix and match keybinding with mouse scroll? I've figured out how to key bind, but my problem is is what key to define. I think Arma uses pretty much all of them. lol

Edited by Mikey74
  • Like 1

Pm sent... see what u think

Edited by CosmiC10R

Just took for quick spin and gotta say, very cool stuff here man. Personally I got no problem with the current point and click as it's pretty simple and clean imo. One feature I'd love is if you could call up the menu per numbered squaddie/colored team as opposed to always being the whole group.

lol yup we are discussing that as well ;) Cosm may know how. If so we are ok if not. Ive got to figure out how to get the variables for team members orrr have samo break groups up into teams and use it this way. Either way yes its going to be in a future update. ;)

Thank you very much for informing us of the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

This will work great on SP when using TPWCAS AI Suppression mod!

How do you get them to stop laying down cover fire?

New mod 0.1-alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Mikey74;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Just took for quick spin and gotta say, very cool stuff here man. Personally I got no problem with the current point and click as it's pretty simple and clean imo. One feature I'd love is if you could call up the menu per numbered squaddie/colored team as opposed to always being the whole group.

Haven't had a chance to see the newest version but I believe Mikey has resolved that late in the night lol :)

This will work great on SP when using TPWCAS AI Suppression mod!

How do you get them to stop laying down cover fire?

They may stay fixed in terms of where they are pointing but generally I have found the squad expends a clip and then won't resume fire until next command

Are you having an issue where the AI is running thru all their ammo?

They may stay fixed in terms of where they are pointing but generally I have found the squad expends a clip and then won't resume fire until next command

Are you having an issue where the AI is running thru all their ammo?

Haven't tried it yet actually, just watched the video. I was wondering since I didn't see a "stop suppressing" command. Thanks for the reply!

Mikey

I added a spoiler in Post #4 that can act as a request and bug tracker. Ill update it as we go to help keep us organized here with sleep becoming a priority :)

---------- Post added at 13:57 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Haven't tried it yet actually, just watched the video. I was wondering since I didn't see a "stop suppressing" command. Thanks for the reply!

Mikey was smart on that one as you don't want to be fumbling around trying to stop your team as you watch the puffs of dirt from bullets homing in on your position.

So far it seems pretty seamless as the AI reload and will continue engaging known targets in the area.

If you do get a chance to try, let us know :)

I can confirm The remember last position for suppress It works, and I can confirm selected units work. Its not complete, but it works.

I can confirm that a menu is working, but its about 1% complete, but it is working. THAT being said. I think Cosmic may be further along on a menu. sooo the next release could be closer than I thought. ;)

Thanks CosmiC you are awesome!!! :)

This is very exciting and Mikey74 is being very modest. Can't wait to see how this evolves!

Yes. This works with mods that allows AI to be suppressed such as bcombat

^^^ Doesn't the AISS also feature suppression? Wonder how they differ.

Couple things after further play:

~seems like squaddies can get stuck in Hold Fire with this. Generally I try to approach enemy with Hold Fire before I let them open up.

~ squaddies also sometimes get stuck in the 'Wait' stance after 1 volley of suppressive fire making them hard to cotrol.

~ as you probably know, vehicles and static guns aren't yet able to use suppression.

^^^ Doesn't the AISS also feature suppression? Wonder how they differ.

~seems like squaddies can get stuck in Hold Fire with this. Generally I try to approach enemy with Hold Fire before I let them open up.

~ squaddies also sometimes get stuck in the 'Wait' stance after 1 volley of suppressive fire making them hard to cotrol.

~ as you probably know, vehicles and static guns aren't yet able to use suppression.

Hey Froggy, thanks for reporting

Ill try to reproduce but so I understand

~seems like squaddies can get stuck in Hold Fire with this. Generally I try to approach enemy with Hold Fire before I let them open up

you gave a hold fire command, approached the enemy, when you tried to give the covering fire command it didnt execute or

same as above but after they suppressed the position they stayed in hold fire and would not continue firing?

Ill look into this...

hmmm... maybe one day...

what mods are you running and are you on stable or dev?

Hey Froggy, thanks for reporting

Ill try to reproduce but so I understand

~seems like squaddies can get stuck in Hold Fire with this. Generally I try to approach enemy with Hold Fire before I let them open up

you gave a hold fire command, approached the enemy, when you tried to give the covering fire command it didnt execute or

same as above but after they suppressed the position they stayed in hold fire and would not continue firing?

Yes, but it's not always reproduceable. Just messing around with this in both urban and in woods and that happened a few times. Not sure if I gave the Cover Fire before an Open Fire and that somehow confused it...I'll test it some more.

Not running anything else with it and on Stable. Lastly, I generally pull my men into a Line formation so that they'll all open up and it seems certain units will not always fire -sometimes the majority even if they have LOS.

Froggy;uv

Doesn't the AISS also feature suppression? Wonder how they differ.

Hi Froggy,

1) AISS primarily focuses on AI behavior, but I've incorporated SAMO into AISS at a few request and my on personal taste, but at several request I've made SAMO a separate mod as well.

2) LOS is not the only thing in play. If there guns are lowered at time the are called on to fire to I think its 3 seconds it will skip them. idk why yet but Sometimes men seem to respond much slower than they will in real life. So I set a time back up if they do not raise there weapon by then it will skip. In the script also It remembers the state they were in before the covering fire command and they go back to it. This I can fix its a part of the code I forgot to take out. Thanks for pointing this out. :)

3) no I didn't know. I haven't tested it with vehicles yet. That being said. When I work on the suppress my target command I'll add vehicles to it too. ;)

Thanks Froggy Valuable info. :)

Is it too soon to dream?

This was made posible with the suppress last position command WIP

Is it too soon to dream?

This was made posible with the suppress last position command WIP

Very interesting sttosin. I like it :) well done