daveygary1979

daveygarys Rangers ArmA 3 update

So as the title says, I have been working on getting some of my old gear put into ArmA 3. Its a slow process and i am losing hair on some of the problems i have been running into but as a whole its not doing too bad. I basically took some of the gear from my ArmA 2 rangers, modified it, re-textured it, tweaked the skeleton attachments and put it into the ArmA 3 engine, the helmet i made from scratch and added a couple of old and some new items to it, overall i am pleased with how they are looking but i still have a long way to go before release. Stay tuned for more details.

2014-11-15_00003_zpsf2c3e373.jpg

2014-11-15_00005_zps8d55ffad.jpg

2014-11-15_00002_zps579517f8.jpg

2014-11-15_00001_zpsf739b929.jpg

• Like 4

These are a long way from release? They look amazing! I'll be following this!!

good work! I can not wait to use it

Will join UCP Version?

Edited by TWRoach

I am working on getting these clean and in game, more content will become available once i get these ones finished.

2014-11-15_00024_zpsbc669801.jpg

2014-11-15_00028_zps9b8b9435.jpg

Edited by daveygary1979

I don't think I saw better looking helmet.Amazing job.

Yeah... that really does look awesome

Keep it up :)

Probably one of the most used addons I used back in arma2, now we're talking.

• Like 1

Daveygary, loved your A2 Rangers. These look great. Please keep up the good work.

This looks amazing. Like seriously amazing. Keep up the good work! Look forward to seeing more!

Hell yea brother. I got lots of gear updates if your interested. Glad to see you still going strong

Amazing details! Better than BIS! When you release these, please also offer a replacement config for default missions. :D

Amazing details! Better than BIS! When you release these, please also offer a replacement config for default missions. :D

+1 on this... ArmA3 is really lacking replacement packs (except for EvanCat´s reallistic CSAT and ARMSCOR replacement of NATO for SANDF units) that replaces all vanilla weapons and units of certain faction, I bet it would praise the majority in this foruns =)

last few images of the night. i added the garmin wrist gps, i am not sure if i will keep it as you can only use it with short sleeved uniforms but i think it looks cool!

2014-11-16_00012_zps03fa1b7c.jpg

2014-11-16_00009_zpse0de9bee.jpg

2014-11-16_00011_zps0053d2da.jpg

2014-11-16_00013_zps70067c57.jpg

This looks awesome as hell, great work.

Are they coming with weapons or just uniforms?

I would suggest using RHS escalation as a dependency then you can use their weapons and stuff. (since its becoming the new standard)

The other OCP uniform was a re skin of another authors uniform and not my work to publish, that is why the pictures were removes from my album.

I am not the best in the world at scripting so anything that involves dependencies i have no idea how to do.

All I mean is that for these units, you should use RHS weapons and it will require RHS, that stuff is pretty easy, someone can help you with it most likley.

i am not sure if i will keep it as you can only use it with short sleeved uniforms but i think it looks cool!

Very nice work with this Garmin GPS but it's waay too big :D

soldiersfrom75thrangerrgtduringo-1.jpg

Fuck yeah! I love(d) your ARMA 2 Rangers davegary, keep up the good work!