Sign in to follow this  
deltagamer

New Chernarus Perspective?

Damn, I don't know what I'm going to do if they release some zombie units for Arma3 : I've spent a year working on infected units for a mod I'm working on...

Do you guys think they could release the zombies from DayZ SA to Arma3? What else could that "zombie" part be about?

I think it's unlikely; I imagine they will be trying to keep both games as unique as possible to prevent too much crossover.

Bohemia have been known to make existing community work obsolete.

i wish that was true. CBA? XEH? weapon resting (fingers crossed)?

i wish that was true. CBA? XEH? weapon resting (fingers crossed)?

Zeus (almost) replaced MCC but with less stuff built in. (Weirdly MCC now does loads of other stuff but hey...)

Virtual Arsenal --> Virtual Ammobox System

something like this mybe? but would love to see the Chernarus+ in arma 3 with no zombies or Snow map Edited by DevilDogCro

you left out a comma and ...

I will use the radar obiwan !

you left out a comma and ...

I will use the radar obiwan !

Wait... WAIT! I read a little through the reddit section, and someone speculated it's related to a side project. When I saw that, I remembered a Dev mentioning he was working on an Arma 2 map, and overhauling the CZ-805 Bren. So, what if Chernarus is that map, the gun of choice is a Bren, and then something to do with zombies!!!! Gahhhh, it's so hard to decipher...

Since we have little to no info on the subject, I have moved the thread over to the BI GENERAL section.

Speculate away :)

Since we have little to no info on the subject, I have moved the thread over to the BI GENERAL section.

Speculate away :)

Maybe this is a Dayz game remastered to the new engine they were talking about. Not that interested in dayz but it could be that. I dont think you guys would bother porting Chernarus to arma 3. But seriously, a remastered chernarus by bis + snow = awesomnes.

I just recalled something a dev posted on these very forums a few months ago:

Again, dynamic blending [i use it in [b]our upcoming RTS game[/b] and it works simply perfect and looks epic since 360o is covered with 8 anims] of several animation states should be a go here but the engine does not support such thing in the present.

Emphasis mine. I had almost forgotten about that little side note until I was reading this thread and the possible connection hit me like a brick: RTS game = new perspective.

Whoever said "Arma Tactics with zombies" a few pages ago could be right. :)

I just recalled something a dev posted on these very forums a few months ago:

Emphasis mine. I had almost forgotten about that little side note until I was reading this thread and the possible connection hit me like a brick: RTS game = new perspective.

Whoever said "Arma Tactics with zombies" a few pages ago could be right. :)

Yes Zeus or some kind of a RTS style game was the first that came in my mind also. Though Smookie's one it likely isn't as stated above.

Hm... maybe Chernarus is a prison colony/social experiment and all the survivors are actually inmates/people from around the world. You play the role of the administrator and have to handle different aspects of running the experiment... IMO

Fingers crossed for Chernarus+ for Arma 3!

Already there all you need to do is copy the map from DayZs folders and simply place it in the arma folders. Surprisingly no one has put the file up for download on any website as far as I know so all you need is DayZ

Already there all you need to do is copy the map from DayZs folders and simply place it in the arma folders. Surprisingly no one has put the file up for download on any website as far as I know so all you need is DayZ

Because that is most likely a copyright violation.

Also it's Chernarus so i'm going with free A2 map DLC for Arma 3.

Maybe with some upgrades even, it was rumored the next expansion for A3 is going to have mixed terrain types so maybe the Devs want to release the associated tech beforehand to begin testing with the community.

Remember the "new perspective"... I'll go with the 2d version of DayZ, like, top-down or something like that

Because that is most likely a copyright violation.

Also it's Chernarus so i'm going with free A2 map DLC for Arma 3.

Maybe with some upgrades even, it was rumored the next expansion for A3 is going to have mixed terrain types so maybe the Devs want to release the associated tech beforehand to begin testing with the community.

Your speculation is far too good to be true. It's take seriously too many man power hours to rework Chernarus, much lass other maps up to Arma 3 standard. Believe me, I've played Chernarus in Arma 3, some small towns just look and feel off. I still stand by something related to DayZ. "Zombie Filled" has been vastly over looked. Why else would Chernarus be filled with Zombies?

I still stand by something related to DayZ. "Zombie Filled" has been vastly over looked. Why else would Chernarus be filled with Zombies?

It might be because most people know Chernarus as "Zombie Filled", might not mean that it is zombie filled again.

really hope it's for Arma3. every other game (even dayz) seems to eventually fall behind on my hard drive. only arma 3 prevails at the end of the day. So extending it would be great for me.

It might be because most people know Chernarus as "Zombie Filled", might not mean that it is zombie filled again.

I couldn't honestly base my guess upon that, when i first viewed Chernarus, it was with an orange filter, and usually, i wouldn't travel without a team mate, because doing so would mean a quick death for a rookie (Good Ol' day Arma 2 Sa-Matra Wasteland, when Wasteland was actually good). Now, everyone has had their first tastes of Chernarus certainly, but to include the words, "Zombie Filled", and at the end of the day, not having zombies, would be entirely misleading. It would be utter lies from an advertising stand point, and for a cliff hanger lasting 3 more days, it'd be terrible not being able to experience a "New Chernarus" that's not "Zombie Filled", when that's basically all the information we've been given till official release of what ever it may be.

I think its DayZ for tablets where you can control the zombies on the server, the same kind of idea they did for watchdogs to control traffic lights etc, this is the only thing i could think of that would be a free download

Edited by Anddos

I guess that it is the release of an A3 (DayZ SA) version of Chernarus. The "new perspective" could just mean the ArmA 3 perspective. Also, a Zombie faction with proper groups (ALiVE compatible) for all 3 sides and special game modes with Zeus stuff.

Or maybe I'm just dreaming...