Sign in to follow this  
deltagamer

New Chernarus Perspective?

Who made you wait for anything? How do you even "wait" for a countdown timer? Did you do nothing in the last 4 days but stare at it?

They made us wait for it by making a count down with no official release as to anything for it. I am certain I'm not the only one who had high expectations in BI to do something good for us today.

They made us wait for it by making a count down with no official release as to anything for it. I am certain I'm not the only one who had high expectations in BI to do something good for us today.

I ask again, how do you wait for a timer? All they did was notify you that something would be coming at a specific time. If I invite you to lunch this weekend, am I "making you wait" for it? No, your life continues as normal, and when the time comes, it happens. Waiting for something is when you're at a train station and the train is late, forcing you to sit and wait for it.

Your high expectations are entirely your responsibility. You're disappointed and looking for anybody but yourself to blame. The funny thing is that no matter what this had turned out to be, there would be disappointed people, because there are always going to be people expecting something different.

Edited by vegeta897

Funny how people can be disappointed by something free :rolleyes:

I think it's because of the countdown thing, if it was just released without any fuss people would just say bah.

I never expected anything wild but i was a bit curious due to the whole countdown thing.

Funny how people can be disappointed by something free :rolleyes:

Yup. It may as well have never happened and it would really make no difference.

Has anyone actually played it yet? I keep getting sent back and forward to the BI store and the Dayz website.

I'm not at all surprised. Not really any room for complains either seeing as this is free.

So it was out since april this year and THEN it turned into a secret?

The last update was some time ago, and we hadn't heard anything about it until now. Presumably, BIS made an offer to the developer around this time, and 5 days ago it was finished. It was still a secret because nobody knew it was going to be this :P

I've claimed it to my account, however when I click play I get told "CLAIM FROM STORE TO PLAY".

Is anyone else having the same issue?

I've claimed it to my account, however when I click play I get told "CLAIM FROM STORE TO PLAY".

Is anyone else having the same issue?

Yep, seems like the claiming part is not working.

Yeah, somehow game isn't saved by Store.BI (though I don't know if I did everything I should - I've just created my account there :)).

EDIT: works now!

The last update was some time ago, and we hadn't heard anything about it until now. Presumably, BIS made an offer to the developer around this time, and 5 days ago it was finished. It was still a secret because nobody knew it was going to be this :P

Just found this page when was looking for more info about the game .. here for anyone interested: http://joyreactor.cc/tag/minidayz

why are people so mad come its free and its fun to play. i mean i expected it to be something dayz like.

Yup. It may as well have never happened and it would really make no difference.

I wonder when people will understand the mechanics involved. Yeah, it's free, yeah, be grateful, etc etc.

The point is not minidayz, the point is the artificial hype that BI again created that went up in smoke. Need I remind you of all the previous "big announcements" that turned out to be underwhelming for everyone ?

It's not about the game that's been release (I actually find that quite interesting if I can get it to run on a mobile phone browser). The point is that actions like these cause excitement, and unfortunately, the community still hasn't learned that it will never be what they expected it to be. And BI never learns that this community WILL ALWAYS expect something more than they've planned. That the hype they generate with things like that can never keep up with reality.

It's actually funny to see this happen each and every time.

Yeah, somehow game isn't saved by Store.BI (though I don't know if I did everything I should - I've just created my account there :)).

EDIT: works now!

How did you do it ? Still doesn't work for me

I wonder when people will understand the mechanics involved. Yeah, it's free, yeah, be grateful, etc etc.

The point is not minidayz, the point is the artificial hype that BI again created that went up in smoke. Need I remind you of all the previous "big announcements" that turned out to be underwhelming for everyone ?

It's not about the game that's been release (I actually find that quite interesting if I can get it to run on a mobile phone browser). The point is that actions like these cause excitement, and unfortunately, the community still hasn't learned that it will never be what they expected it to be. And BI never learns that this community WILL ALWAYS expect something more than they've planned. That the hype they generate with things like that can never keep up with reality.

It's actually funny to see this happen each and every time.

Hype for Bohemia isn't a bad thing, it just means that more attention will be brought to their work. In this case, I think it would be unfair to say they were building a large amount of suspense for what, at the end of the day, is advertising for DayZ Standalone; all they did was add a 5 day countdown on their store page.

However, yes, the community does always seem to get too excited over things like this, and it always ends the same way.

And BI never learns that this community WILL ALWAYS expect something more than they've planned.

I wouldn't assume that. Maybe BIS knows that the positivity will always be more important than the negativity. Almost anything they do is going to catch flak, so there's no point in trying to avoid it. The negative reactions to this are fleeting, but the positive experiences from people playing it are not. It was also a great way to get people on the store just in time for a big sale.

I wouldn't assume that. Maybe BIS knows that the positivity will always be more important than the negativity. Almost anything they do is going to catch flak, so there's no point in trying to avoid it. The negative reactions to this are fleeting, but the positive experiences from people playing it are not. It was also a great way to get people on the store just in time for a big sale.

Exactly. The amount of complaint about anything that isn't strictly modern military never ceases to amaze me.

Hype for Bohemia isn't a bad thing, it just means that more attention will be brought to their work. In this case, I think it would be unfair to say they were building a large amount of suspense for what, at the end of the day, is advertising for DayZ Standalone; all they did was add a 5 day countdown on their store page.

However, yes, the community does always seem to get too excited over things like this, and it always ends the same way.

It's natural, I'm pretty sure it happens in all other communities as well. The problem is more or less "controlling" the expectations, and, sorry, Bohemia SUCKS at controlling expectations.

Remember the "new perspective"... I'll go with the 2d version of DayZ, like, top-down or something like that

At least I wasn't getting too exited :D

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Exactly. The amount of complaint about anything that isn't straightforwardly military never ceases to amaze me.

Uhm, I honestly, really wonder where you get that "military" theme from now ? The main expectation was

1: Chernarus+ for Arma 3 (which is not at all military, since it would benefit Life servers too, with all the vamped up houses and such), and

2: Playing DayZ as a Zombie

Personally I don't see why anyone would be offended by something for free not being what one expects. I just don't get that.

I don't really care how many patches/bug fixes there are. I don't care if BIS screws its fans by releasing some arcade game.

The only thing I care about is that BIS continues to make a PC game thats not ported from a console game. A game that allows LAN servers, has a dedicated server that anyone can host. A game that has tools and/or information that allows mods/addons to be made by the community.

They day they stop that and decide to cash in for a tightly controlled, console port, dlc selling business model is the day I stop buying PC games. Its the only one left other than Valve, which does nothing really anyway.

So, I am quite content with whatever they would like to do for free as long as they keep making PC games ;)

How did you do it ? Still doesn't work for me

Well, I should be more precise: somehow Store now recognizes me as an owner of MiniZ - I click play and I'm sent to the loading screen. But now I'm getting error about WebGL "disabled or not supported" by my browser (it's Opera 25 so it should support WebGL, but I can't find any way to turn it on or off?).