leight

Leights OPFOR Pack

I am head of arma 3 russian community . This day at 20:00 we planned play coop for 60 people. But because you changed classnames, Deleted some vehicles - now almost all our missions are broken. THANK U VERY MUCH FOR "GREAT" UPDATE!! U just broke more than 36 missions!!! Good job! And your 1.0 is full of bugs and script errors! Pls stop do mods!!!

If you ask politely I am sure Leight will refund all the money you paid for his mod!

BTW Leight: Many thanks for the update. I appreciate it!

Edited by oldy41
Thanks!

You must be complete idiot if you are updating mods just before big coop missions.

Ohhh! Insulting me doesnt fix what have your done to all who used your pack for mission making!

---------- Post added at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

If you ask politely I am sure Leight will refund all the money you paid for his mod!

BTW Leight: Many thanks for the update. I appreciate it!

Please Read post from marquez before posting nonsence.

yes its take a shit load of time to create missions, but to insult mod maker because his missions are broken is not ok and it is his problem not leigh. im sure a lot of people have to rebuild their mission aswell, and not just him.

I'm not insulting nobody. For me updating mods just before the mission is the stupidest thing in the world.

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

Probably today i will release upgrade which fix missing units.

Will the Ultra nationalist units be back in with the same classnames as before?

Probably today i will release upgrade which fix missing units.

Great news. Thanks man for all your work on this. I love that no matter what map you play on, you can find a faction in your pack that fits the place/situation perfectly.

Did the Afghan civilian faction for @Alive get deleted or changed?

It was: "LOP_Afg_civ", but I don't see it, or a replacement name on the first post.

Many thanks.

edit: nevermind found them

yes its take a shit load of time to create missions, but to insult mod maker because his missions are broken is not ok and it is his problem not leigh. im sure a lot of people have to rebuild their mission aswell, and not just him.

^this

Edited by SavageCDN

Can I also suggest, as others have done, that groups of 13-16 men is rather too large?

It makes automated AI in @alive look more like an entire army is approaching, rather than a normal patrol and adds re-balancing of game play as an additional task for mission makers, beyond that of renaming the factions; something which is significantly more tricky imo.

8 might be a sweet spot?

It doesn't mean removing any of your units, just split them into separate groups.

Hey Leight, thanks for all of the work that and time that you put into your mod, it's much appreciated. This pack is quickly becoming my standard for any OPFOR in my missions!

One note or suggestion: I appreciate the added LOP_ISTS faction for a topical OPFOR that's in the news and I plan on implementing it in some of my missions, but is there any chance of adding the previous units that were apart of the LOP_IT faction, perhaps as a separate faction from ISTS? I think that having a faction that doesn't wear the black seen with ISTS would be beneficial for scenarios with a more generic flavor, such as fighting the mujahideen, non-ISTS terrorists, and other Middle Eastern fighters that don't necessarily wear that black "uniform".

Just a thought, but I appreciate your work regardless!

I'm not mad at someone or angry...and I have to edit the mission file like every other mission maker. I just think renaming classnames isn't the best thing to do, at least for a widespread used mod. But I can understand why Leight did it.

And no you don't have to do any mission from scratch, it's just a pain in the ass to search and replace all the stuff in the mission.sqm.

Leight I think modders can seldom provide a full changelog but if you rename classnames, could you please give us a neat list with former classnames and changed ones, a changelog of classnames could really save a great amount of time for all mission makers.

Edit: I mean for the next time you have to change classnames.

Did the Afghan civilian faction for @Alive get deleted or changed?

It was: "LOP_Afg_civ", but I don't see it, or a replacement name on the first post.

Many thanks.

LOP_TAK_Civ

Hmm, I had LOP_Tak_Civ and still not seeing any in Alive

Froggyluv, I can confirm LOP_TAK_Civ works as a Civ faction in Alive.

Yeah Im messing something up because im not even getting vanilla Civs....my bad

Edit: Yeah I have both Modules down and my TAOR marker covers almost entire map :(

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62320088/Real_Alive_Try2.Takistan.rar

Sorry for thread hijack man -just wanna get these guys up and running

Edited by froggyluv

You got both civ modules down? That's all you need and a map that will populate....

There is little upgrade on the first page

Hey Leight, thanks for the update!

I've noticed that you have a few great quality direct A2 ports, such as the ChDKZ Bardak, ChDKZ Commander fatigues, not to mention your entire Afghan Militia faction too. So I was wondering if you would consider doing more ports from A2, and going even as far as replacing some of your existing factions with a direct A2 port (i.e. ChDKZ). That would be absolutely amazing. On the same lines, I'm curious, does porting units from A2 take more time than creating your own content?

Yeah Im messing something up because im not even getting vanilla Civs....my bad

Edit: Yeah I have both Modules down and my TAOR marker covers almost entire map :(

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62320088/Real_Alive_Try2.Takistan.rar

Sorry for thread hijack man -just wanna get these guys up and running

should work now

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1gWUNu0kwK1MkxPeDVNSVNtblE/view?usp=sharing

Once again saves the day ^^^ thread hero. Great to see the Afghan Militia mixed in with non-threats that look alike. Thanks to Leight as well for splendid pack. Problem seems to be marker size combined with settings of the module etc..

Now if I could only get these towns to start teaming with life....maquez!! :rolleyes:

Leight's do you allow upload version 0.8.1 to my googledrive so people still can use and play my missions?

I will not use version 1.0.1 the reason behind that is your newly configured group sizes are way too big.

It will break performance of my mission design to the point of unplayable.

If you don't allow, then would you be so kind and upload version 0.8.1 anywhere and make permanent download link available?

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

Edited by maquez

Hey Leight, my unit and I love you're OPFOR Pack, it's one of the best out there. I Just wanted to ask, did you know that the only group in the Afghan Militia and ISTS is a sentry in Zeus? Or do you plan on expanding the infantry groups later on?

Thanks for the upodate!

Knight143