leight

Leights OPFOR Pack

Dear Leight's,

You seem really not to be a friend of any mission builder!

As far I remember this is the fifth time you change factions and or renaming units! This is really annoying for a mission builder.

Faction Afghan civilians - renamed

Faction Iraqi terrorists - renamed

Faction Ukrainian Separatists - renamed

Faction Ultranationalists Army - missing

Again you change the sides or name of Factions, thank you very much that I have again to spend unnecessary work and waste of time.

I'll never again use any addon made by you!

Sorry that I sound so rude but I am really upset now.

Imagine you have created several missions with together a thousand of subscribers

and then have again and again to build up mission from scratch because factions side or names have changed.

I don't think you would consider that as funny.

I would tell nothing if this where the first time .... but it's the fifth time you do this!

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

Edited by maquez
typos

Ohhh dear how sad never mind im sure in the long run leights spends more time working on his mod than you do having to change a few faction names over

Edited by Danno1991

I see you have no clue about mission building!

Only ultranationalists are missing :)

Unfortunately this propagates... One change like that affects hundreds of mission makers, not just maquez. He has a point.

Maybe but this is not problem for me, open your mission.sqm in notepad it's all na replace classnames with CTRL+H :).

Stop complaining people, im sure he spend a lot of time creating this so.. he can updates his mod as he want.

Your only job its to update your missions or use other mods.

Thanks for your work Leight.

You guys are really funny. You want him to update...he updates...you criticis him. What will happen then? Right! He will stop updating. Its NOT hard to update faction names in mission (and yes also scripts). If you don't want that effort you might go and play battlefield!

Thanks an awful lot for the update leight. Was looking so much forward to the ISIS Units!

maquez i do have a clue as i build missions for me and friends. at the end of the day your not being strong armed in to playing with leights mod its a choice you made so stop whinging you big girls blouse.

Updated mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Leight , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Goodness guys cool it! We're all on the same team here! It's more appropriate to private message someone if you have a problem with their work.

Dear Leight's,

Thank you for this mod

Thank you for continuing to develop this mod.

I use this mod and will continue to use this mod.

That is all :-)

--ATV

Thank you for the update.Your mod is of my favorite assets when building missions.

Two things I noticed. You seem to have updated the group sizes to contain far more units, any particular reason? Not a biggie, just something I noticed. The other thing I noticed is in regards to the Novorussians. I think they might look a little bit too 'professional' now if you know what I mean - previously, the "Ukrainian Separatists" faction looked a little bit more ragtag, which I felt suited it more.

Anyway, that aside, thanks again for maintaining the mod!

It can be tough for mission makers to keep up with changes to mods supported by their missions and core game updates aswell so I can sympathize with Maquez's headaches. There could be other issues with unit type inheritance beside class name change. This is why BIS tries to keep or implement "some" backwards compatibility especially with mod makers in mind, but at the same time I do appreciate all the effort mod makers go through to improve their mods and stay with it, so thank you Leight.

Maybe but this is not problem for me, open your mission.sqm in notepad it's all na replace classnames with CTRL+H :).

Noticed in you documentation some class types are no longer available? For example is there not a "LOP_ISTS_Soldier_IED" replacement for "LOP_IT_Soldier_IED". If not have you considered just adding new factions rather than changing the properties of factions when introducing new ones?

Nice Work!

Edited by Jigsor

Hey Leight there is a Issues with unit numbers with in groups 4,8,10 man groups have turn in to 8,13,16 man groups with multiple of high numbers of Rifleman,Grenadier,Machine Gunners,Machine Gunner Assistant.Thank you

Edited by globalwraith

Hey Leight there is a Issues with unit numbers with in groups 4,8,10 man groups have turn in to 8,13,16 man groups with multiple of high numbers of Rifleman,Grenadier,Machine Gunners,Machine Gunner Assistant.Thank you

How is that an issue? Maybe he wanted to increase group sizes?

Lol author - you support Chechen separatists?)))) dont be so serious, nobody dont judge you and arest if you create game content... It is prove nothing...

I think, in my honest opinion, groups with 13 and 16 men are too big. Also I would like to know if you could add some Motorized groups as I asked before. You know, to have technicals to fight against using alive.

I will have to admit. 16 of my missions are now broken and I'm going to have to go through each of them an manually add the new named factions. It does certainly suck. However I am far more pleased to see Leight continue working on the mod and continue to develop and improve it. So as far as I'm concerned if it is ok that Leight spends all that time improving the mod and working on it, its ok for me to do some mission editing. Even if it is going to take a while.

I just hope for any future updates you think long and hard about changing faction names. Because we all will probably agree they are fine the way they are.