leight

Leights OPFOR Pack

Probably in a few days i will release update with fix :)

BTW Leight, I have a suggestion if interested, for OPFOR, any interest in making a Spetsnaz and or Iranian Quds Special Forces group for OPFOR, it would help out those looking to make insurgency modes on maps based around Ukraine and Iraq/Syria?

Is the conflict with Franz and Nodunit's Apache something fixable on the player's end, or is it an internal issue with the two mods? This pack and that helo compliment each other perfectly for Coop gameplay, its a shame they dont get along! :(

Really hoping this gets fixed!

anyone have version 0.5 of this laying around?

You can select any version you want if you use PlayWithSix.

Nice work, if it's an easy fix could you resolve the Lop_AM not working in alive on your next release please :)

Hi, hope that the future versions will make use of the new RHS weaponry.

Great pack once again.

Edit: Leight, any chance that there could be a simple woodland camo uniform in the next iteration of the pack? My friend was looking to make a mission where we would play as the Syrian Army fighting your islamic terrorists but we realised that the only woodland camos we had in our mod collection were with the Crye precision style kneepads, which would' ve looked ridiculous for a Syrian army grunt.:D

Just a simple woodland uniform without crye kneepads and accepting patches so we could put the Syrian army patch from Under Siege' s patch pack would do the trick.

And you' re probably already aware of that, but using the african rebels islamic terrorists factions on our server, we get a lot of "some of soldier' s magazines weren' t stored in vest or uniform" or something along those lines messages in the server rpt. That is using the HLC weapons compatibility pbo and with units spawned by Alive.

Edited by Tsark

come DDR / NVA units

and why it is no longer ISIS

+85 soviets and Us forces :)

I would quite like it if you could scrap some of the AK variants you are using, and fully use the weaponry that is included in RHS. I see no point in putting in some of these low detail models, when you already have RHS as a requirement.

hi do you have the class names some where if so i cant see then there are not in the download folder looking for them to put into EOS

Nice mod and good quality

But still some problems i wanna point out.

First,the armor projection of the soldiers seemed too high,I hit one of them with 7.62 and it takes me 7-8 rounds to kill him,but to kill a based CAST soldiers with same rifle,same ammo and same ranger,I only need 1 round to kill him.I think the armor rate or something else should be lower to make them more easily to be killed.

Second,I think maybe the Afghan army and police should be in west side?As they would cooperate with the other west force to fight the ISIS...just a advice.

CSAT don't wear armor, so if you want to test a vanilla faction's armour vs leights, try NATO.

I would quite like it if you could scrap some of the AK variants you are using, and fully use the weaponry that is included in RHS. I see no point in putting in some of these low detail models, when you already have RHS as a requirement.

^ This. Also it actually makes looting enemies viable. And less clutter in arsenal.

Edited by rlex

Am I the only person really missing the ISIS faction?

I know the story behind it, but removing the faction really has left the mod not feeling as 'complete.' I know they have basically just been renamed Iraq Terrorists but the models have changed. Where has the guy with the black towel head gone?

I don't know, I really hope Leight comes to his senses and readds the ISIS models. It is SOOO much more satisfying shooting and blowing up ISIS soldiers than it is fighting the made up faction "Iraq Terrorists"

And I know there are ISIS mods out there, but who want to download half a dozen faction mods?

I know the story behind it, but removing the faction really has left the mod not feeling as 'complete.' I know they have basically just been renamed Iraq Terrorists but the models have changed. Where has the guy with the black towel head gone?

I think the term you're looking for is shemagh or keffiyeh/kuffiya, "towel head" is a derogatory/racist term used by the ignorant.

Horrendously racist question aside, the black headcover is still there, its just had the ISIS logo removed. As to whether its still on the units, their gear seems randomised so maybe you just haven't seen it...

I think the term you're looking for is shemagh or keffiyeh/kuffiya, "towel head" is a derogatory/racist term used by the ignorant.

Horrendously racist question aside, the black headcover is still there, its just had the ISIS logo removed. As to whether its still on the units, their gear seems randomised so maybe you just haven't seen it...

Cheers, yeah shemagh is the term I was searching for. I'm sure the digital man won't take too much offense to me calling him that, perhaps I'll ask him next time I'm firing 7.62mm rounds at him from 300 meters out.

I've only seen the model replaced with a generic middle eastern unmasked face. Which just isn't the same. Perhaps you are right however and the gear is randomised and I just haven't seen it yet. But the guy with the black 'shemagh' was always the most fun to shoot as he always seemed the most authentic.

Either way I still hope Leight puts them back in as ISIS, put their logo over the cars and includes a flag. The combat always felt so much more real fighting against something like ISIS instead 'Iraq Terrorists' I suppose the same way why fighting against the Russian Federation or Ultra Nationalists is more satisfying that fighting against the made up faction of CSAT.

The whole experience just feels more authentic.

Edited by ShakyBones11

Cheers, yeah shemagh is the term I was searching for. I'm sure the digital man won't take too much offense to me calling him that, perhaps I'll ask him next time I'm firing 7.62mm rounds at him from 300 meters out.

No he probably wouldn't, but other forum users probably would mind, me included.

Any chance of seeing the A2 ChDKZ models, like the Takistan Militia? Replacing the included weapons completely with RHS stuff would be awesome btw.

Thanks for your work, Leight, a much needed addon.

However, there may be a compatibility issue with the Combat Medical System from the CSE mod, which doesn't seem to display the wounds on your units. Could you possibly look into that?

The mod will work with medicine CSE?
Leight, we experienced problems with your units and the CSE medic system - it just doesn't work for them. Any ideas?

That's true! We also tried to use CSE with OP and failed. This is a REAL problem! When try to "EXAMINE & TREATMENT" nothing happens. RHS units are ok with that. Please notice this important issue, Leight.

---------- Post added at 04:15 ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 ----------

I've just performed several CSE Medical tests. Now I can clearly say that OP ruins a whole Independent side (both unofficial units and in game AAF) for some reason. If I exclude OP from start line - Independent side is OK and "EXAMINE & TREATMENT" works like it should.

I even tried to add <this setvariable ["cse_sys_medical_enabled", true];> to init line of every Independent unit but no result.

Please fix it. Thanks in advance!

Edited by hia3official

Really loving this mod! Great work! I was wondering if anyone's found a fix for the afghan/african militia bug with ALIVE?

Thanks!