leight

Leights OPFOR Pack

@ Leight :

1- if there's a problem to play with ISIS, thus there will be a problem to play Arma !!!... and since Arma 2. I think it was good like that, but do what you want it's your mod !

2- i just tried to update it on PWS, and i can't launch game anymore. i have this text message : "include file lop_c_faction_veh\isis_vehicles.hpp not found"

See you later ;)

Leight, can you check the dropbox mirror? It does not work and shows an error message.

Sorry, and thanks for changes on armaholic page. Changed mirror to google drive.

For me,I only use this mod as a enemies fiction and fight them,in my country,the medias make ISIS as murderers and demons,even most of the Muslim in my country don't support them,even the very few support them would condemned the atrocities them did.And I think most people in the world would.That's not some thing could be changed by thar damn DM,not even got a chance.

PS,every website link to DM was shielded and can't be browsed in my country,the goverment claim DM is a Fascism Media and no one should believe it.

2- i just tried to update it on PWS, and i can't launch game anymore. i have this text message : "include file lop_c_faction_veh\isis_vehicles.hpp not found"

See you later ;)

It works if you change "isis" to "it" in @leights_opfor\addons\lop_c_faction_veh\config.cpp

He has perfectly good reasons to censor it. The Daily Mail is the sort of paper that'd publish his details on the front page and accuse him of being an ISIL supporter with no regard for truth or consequences. I'm sure Leight doesn't want his life besieged by thrash journalism.

Really not worth the risk of damaging his personal life for the sake of a unit addon.

I say we publicly denounce the validity of dailymail.co.uk and slander them on the article on which they seem to make many accusations without proof, where as we have the proof to show that this pack is used as OPFOR (Opposing Forces) where we hunt down and kill ISIS terrorists.

"include file lop_c_faction_veh\isis_vehicles.hpp not found"

We are getting this error message again

Edited by piggypotpie

We are with you Leights... we use ISIS as opfor.. We dont recruit ISIS, we recruit NATO forces, US forces,

Who post that article on The Daily Mail must be moron...

Please fix you mod asap...

We do lot of missions which required your ISIS, Afghan Militia as opfor.

I am in Marine Raiders (Arma 3 Realism Unit). We kill ISIS fuckers everday ..

Edited by H-Singh

Whatever you are gonna do, I will support you. Thanks for such an amazing mod bro.

Chompster, your theory is as ridiculous as it is insulting.

We all appreciate the work done by leight and there are many easier ways to get the mod to work for us than contacting the BRITISH press to diffamate the maker...

And for the sake if god, please just keep politics and your personal morale out of this thread as it has been totally derailed by all your posts.

@Leight, don't panick, everything is gonna be alright ;)

Edited by nICe_Kuehl

Guys, whilst WE on here treat this as a game, we don't know for a fact that those fk heads who support ISIS don't actually USE this mod to recruit. The last thing we need is more ragheads wearing suicide vests in a public place yelling 'allah akhbar'. If you must remove the ISIS logos, etc, I commend you - this is a game for us....lets keep it that way.

He has perfectly good reasons to censor it. The Daily Mail is the sort of paper that'd publish his details on the front page and accuse him of being an ISIL supporter with no regard for truth or consequences. I'm sure Leight doesn't want his life besieged by thrash journalism.

Really not worth the risk of damaging his personal life for the sake of a unit addon.

Whatever you are gonna do, I will support you. Thanks for such an amazing mod bro.

I agree with both.

Those trolling fakes of journalists should be ashamed, but your worries are completely understandable.

Perhaps restoring the ISIS logo when all this bubbling around will be finished ? 4-5 days, than :D ?

Still all the matter is your creativity. Know an entire community is here to demostrate how much care for your work :D

Thanks for this mod !!!

Guys, whilst WE on here treat this as a game, we don't know for a fact that those fk heads who support ISIS don't actually USE this mod to recruit. The last thing we need is more ragheads wearing suicide vests in a public place yelling 'allah akhbar'. If you must remove the ISIS logos, etc, I commend you - this is a game for us....lets keep it that way.

Dude, do you really think that they can't find someone supporting yet ISIS to create their mod and "recruit" in a game (which honestly I can hardly understand how...if someone is so vulnerable to their propaganda it will not be the mod of a game to make the difference. In fact I can barely understand how a mod could "force" you to play as ISIS militia, and how this could convince you to join their cause !!).

Edited by Malcom86

There is no need to use any reality named political groups or Nations in our Game.

What is wrong to fight with blue and green against red?

It not makes this game unrealistic just because we not want to fill this game with political worldwide problems.

The line between good and evil is so small in this world, why do gamer want to take place on any side they think are the right?

Try to use you're imagine to create a own world with own absurd conflicts instead of take a part at real horrible things happen these days.

@Leight: The quality of you're mod is great. Do what you think is right and remember: "Make ArmA, not War"

Edited by Gorn

I don`t get your problem with this mod. If you don`t like this mod, don`t use it. This is only game and everyone play as he want. In my group we play as diffrent sides, and it stay only in game. So if someone want to shoot ISIS or play as ISIS he can do it, but it doesn`t mean that he support them by any means.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Leights OPFOR Pack v0.8

required_addons.png

RHS Escalation

Only required when you use the OPFOR HLC Config:

HLC AK Pack

HLC-Core

ASDG Joint Rails

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** the armaholic pages have been updated with the requested changes. If you still see something you would like us to change please let me know! :)

I hope this isn't a spam, but can you release two versions? One with ISIS for normal players, second with Iraqi Terrorists for touchy hurt pu**ies.

Now I demand to remove all signs of SLA, because I remember what they did in first Arma. Also, rename Ukraine Separatists to Generic East Europe Fighters Without Real Inspiration.

This is simply stupid. Because the real threat is RHS mod, they want us to join US army for sure. You can play as US soldier there and american flag patch available to put on shoulder.

Maybe, if you live in United States or somewhere else, and you can get problems because of ISIS signs, you can hide behind someone from Europe, where are still reasonable laws...

Now everybody see you can change it, you're not with them, so what about putting it back?

I'm not downloading this (I don't use HLC anyway) and I hope next release will either have ISIS back or at least so many great new stuff, that I will don't care about those Islamic Black Boys...

By the way, I understand you and why you did it, I just wanted to give you my point of view about how stupid it is. I can't imagine how someone will prosecute you, please, don't get scared by few restricted people around...

It's just... yeah, I want to fight as czech soldier (and I'm scared I want to join the real army now :( ) against ISIS dogs, no reason to pretend it's Iraqi Terrorist and real world doesn't exist.

It's more of a Takistani Terrorists by the way...

I'm running ver 0.7 of the mod. The (GUER) factions aren't hostile towards NATO by default. Is there a way to change this? Also, nobody with an IQ higher than 80 reads the Daily Mail.

It's sad to hear you've removed ISIS (IS, ISIL whatever) from the new update pack. I enjoyed using them in my operations, particularly on the Fallujah map in Kurds vs ISIS scenarios. As far as modding goes I think ArmA is meant to be a reasonably accurate military simulator and so the good as well as the bad goes along with that. I carried out extensive ops in ArmA2 against IRA and UVF factions and at no point did I think the author of said mod had any sympathies either way and so the loss of a genuine contemporary adversarial faction is a great loss to the community. ISIS are as important to creating contemporary scenarios in ArmA as the "Taki Militia" aka Taliban were in ArmA2, that is simply the world we live in and making sensationalist claims like those who have done completely dodges the point and real issue needed to be debated. As far as what other people might think I'd not pay any attention, especially that waste of paper the Daily Mail. If you really want to shut them up then inform them that it's a two way street and the ISIS faction can be made to lose every engagement with any other faction imaginable, that'll shut the boo-boys up and like I said I was running a few enjoyable Kurd (Taki Militia) vs ISIS scenarios, how is that not a positive outcome? I'd urge you to reconsider and I'm sure 99% of the ArmA community would support you in this endeavour.

Edited by Dynamo11

Just gotta say I love this mod. As for the ISIS situation; I would leave them as they were with the logos and everything but rename them to "Daesh" which is the pejorative term for ISIS.

Mod no longer wants to start, when trying to launch Arma I get the error : Include file lop_c_faction_veeh\isis_vehicles.hpp not found.

Ohhh man, what for *...* are you? Its not easy for Leight to make such a decision and you guys don't make it easy for him to keep on working on the map. Its JUST a logo thats missing. The rest is more or less the same.

Sure its a bit sad that this logo is gone but who gives a damn.

Yes I'm from germany but I don't care about the f-ing goverments opinion. They always try to hide the truth behind bans. (Just try to understand what the USK does to us -,-)

Anyway, I'll accept Leights decision of cutting out the ISIS (more or less only their Logo) and will stay use this mod. Leight keep on making this mod. Don't get your mod dropped just because some people thing "But I want that and I don't care about the moral standard and reputation of the mod creator!".

Thanks Leight. I understand your decision

Many Greetings

Moony

Just take some seconds an think about why BI named the ArmA2 OA map

Takistan, not Afghanistan

And the forces "takistani" and not "afghans"

They not have this problem now.

And on the side of mission creators, if there wouldn't be any logos, there would be so much more place to interpretations.

In my opinion, they could delete American flags and Nato flags, too and place them with selv created ones.

Try it with more fantasy.

Hi Leight.

Just want to let you know that I nuked some ISIS before updating :). I support your creative work and have never even played as ISIS and never construed this mod to represent sympathy for those cunts. Personally, the logo doesn't mean much to me, though I doubt the ISIS kiddies hiding in their basements will update to 0.8. Blaming you for some religious extremist dumbasses using your mod would be like blaming FN for manufacturing the M16s ISIS got their hands on. I see your work as enhancing the Armaverse, nothing more, and I want to thank you for it. To this end I'd like to second Imperial_Pete's request for some ArmA 2 style Takistan Army regulars with FALs and the like.

Thank you and good luck.

Listen, I live in the US, this is freeware 3rd party digital content, all you technically need to cover your ass is a disclaimer stating you do NOT support any terrorist organization and do not condone the use of your pack for any type of militant training and add a digital signature and watermark for authenticity and done, no one in the sane parts of the world (US, CAN, UK, EU) would try to prosecute you. Worst case scenario is that a major news organization puts your stuff up in a story, at that point you contact them and ask for an interview, this can be used to your advantage if you plan your answers correctly and may even lead to a public portfolio that can net you a well paying job doing what you just got publicity for. If this still bothers you allow a solo release of your "Iraqi Terrorist's" or ISIS forces so that someone else can take charge and make the most out of that mod, thus leaving you completely out of the picture, either way, problem solved.

Chompster, your theory is as ridiculous as it is insulting.
Boohoo buddy, this is the internet. Get over yourself.
We all appreciate the work done by leight and there are many easier ways to get the mod to work for us than contacting the BRITISH press to diffamate the maker...
And yet there were those that were coming here requesting him to remove it from the main mod files. And then suddenly it gets picked up by the press who make a big deal out of it and he ends of removing it all together? Oh boy that sure is a coincidence.

And if it really were that easy, then why didn't they just do so instead of coming here asking him to take it out of the mod?

And for the sake if god, please just keep politics and your personal morale out of this thread as it has been totally derailed by all your posts.
All my posts? what are you on about mate.. i made only one post about the subject. All of my other posts here so far have been bug reports. Edited by Chompster