leight

Leights OPFOR Pack

Hey Leight I dont know if you noticed but your african rebels and militia faction does not use the HLC AKs. Instead it uses a much lower quality version. Is this something you were already aware of? Also yes I did use the compatibility patch. Every other faction is fine.

i'm pretty sure autor of that article and editor who let it pass can be legaly charged for defamation. this is serious as they claim modders to be "isis supporters".

freedom of speech is fine, but defamation is a crime and should not be tolerated.

-Edit, because I didn't read the post I posted something else-

I wouldn't worry about all this. As most Brits are aware, the Daily Mail is a load of sensationalised rubbish, and rarely contains any actual factual information in their so called "news" articles. They've based this article on minimal fact, probably seeing the screenshots for these mods and jumping to ridiculous conclusions.

The same thing happened years ago when the Daily Fail used footage from ArmA2 videos in a "news broadcast" about the IRA.

Edited by EddiePrice

I wouldn't normally post something this off topic but if it really is this mod used in that first screenshot then the maker should contact IPSO (the independent press standards org) which is the watchdog for newspapers in the UK and lodge a complaint.

The way the article is written seems to sound like defamation or libel.

Edited by Jsmuk

it was ITV

:o

Huh,that mean maybe dailymail was going to die and have to do some absurd things to slow down its death.Might be the biggest farce of ARMA3 this year.I would rank this as the NO.1 farce of this year.

it was ITV
:o

Ah yeah thanks my bad, it's been a while and I thought I had watched it on a Daily Mail link - it was probably posted up there too. Must've been a slow day at Daily Mail though, seems like they resorted to trawling through Google images for "IS" and seeing what they could make a story of.

I'd say enough of all this, already old "news".

But the damage is already done... ESSanchez deleted IS_Mod and just vanished (the thread, not the user... I think) but out of curiosity, those screenshots and video were from Leights OPFOR mod?

The brazilian cable news stopped broadcasting the news, probably somebody warned against the "liability" of their source (DailyMail) lol

cheers!

Well Leight I hope this recent BS in the media does not scare you of like ESSanchez. They are trying to bully people into self-censure with lies. They are scum, you (and ESSanchez) have created something that many people enjoy using. The haters all need a digital middle finger flipped in their direction, no logos should be removed, no silly renaming of armies or mods. Screw them. They are halfwits begging for attention and anyone with two functioning neurons between their ears can see them for the laughable garbage spewers that they are. Ignore them and they will go away.

;2873417']They don´t look like Leight´s ISIS units' date=' but I could be wrong -> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2937641/ISIS-fighters-distributing-video-game-allows-players-play-role-Islamist-kill-Westerners.html

Just a headsup, as I know internet angry mob could suddenly flood our foruns with wrong demands... There goes our freedom of speech and creative work =P

cheers!

I thought it was one of those trolling online newspaper on the internet...so is the Mail Online really a journal ? I mean, with real journalist and such ?

It looks more like bunch of guys writing to troll on the internet with sensational fakes. In fact, I never heard of such a "hijacked" mod for "creating ISIS character to kill westeners"...this guys don't even know what they are talking about !! They didn't even realize you don't "hijack" a mod !!! :D

Leight, I hope you're not afraid from that. It's just one of those winds that come and pass by. I think ISIS don't even know about your mod XD

I read dailymail, so read this for LOPFOR users and everyone.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?188503-Leights-OPFOR-Pack-is-not-supporting-ISIS-message-for-BI-Studio-!

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:46 ----------

Update to v0.8, please armaholic to remove all screens with ISIS and rename it to Iraqi terrorists.

let's deploy the mhq near the whitehouse!!!...oh come on?!

now mods are illegal?

leights do what you want!

bye

Daily Mail is full of utter bollocks. If you believe even half the stuff you read in that "newspaper", we'd all have emigrated to Mars and died of cancer from playing computer games. Having been on the receiving end of one of their articles whilst on ops in the desert, I am convinced they just make everything up as they go along.

In the end, it's your very own decision and we have to respect it.

And a mission-designer still can call the Iraqi Terrorists whatever he/she wants to in the briefing, so it doesn't really matter.

Maybe someone is able and willing to make a custom logo and flag, so you don't have to use original ISIS ones.

So let someone else have the source so they can POST it back up... you've just self censored yourself for NO reason. Effectively pandering to all the values that ISIS are fighting for.....

In the end, it's your very own decision and we have to respect it.

And a mission-designer still can call the Iraqi Terrorists whatever he/she wants to in the briefing, so it doesn't really matter.

Maybe someone is able and willing to make a custom logo and flag, so you don't have to use original ISIS ones.

Yes you can name it the way you want. Logo was only on shemags and it was deleted.

For mission makers

If you want to fix your mission open mission.sqm in text editor and press CTRL+H then type LOP_ISIS and lower LOP_IT to repleace all isis units to iraqi terrorists units.

Dude - chill out, you've not broken ANY laws or encouraged anyone to join ISIS.... Come on take a deep breath and think sensibly for a moment. It was a sensationalist, poorly written article with no bearing in truth, like 90% of the rest of the crap written in Newspapers.. Even the masses commenting below the article get that what they are portraying is clearly miss-represented.

So let someone else have the source so they can POST it back up... you've just self censored yourself for NO reason. Effectively pandering to all the values that ISIS are fighting for.....

He has perfectly good reasons to censor it. The Daily Mail is the sort of paper that'd publish his details on the front page and accuse him of being an ISIL supporter with no regard for truth or consequences. I'm sure Leight doesn't want his life besieged by thrash journalism.

Really not worth the risk of damaging his personal life for the sake of a unit addon.

lol yeah right... and risk ACTUAL legal re-course for defamation, libel... I don't think so.

This is totally getting out of hand - I'll leave it there.

Leight, can you check the dropbox mirror? It does not work and shows an error message.

Edited by Guest

Sorry guys i dont want to have a problems.
While i get why you would do it, there are a number of dedicated ISIS mods out there.. So why would you get in more trouble than those for having a single faction in an Opfor pack?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if one of the Germans tipped them off on this JUST so they would get on your case and you would change it so they could use it on their server. And even just reading this article it's sickening to read all the utter bullshit that is being spouted. How anyone with even a shred of common sense and a few active brain cells would be fooled by this would be completely beyond me. I mean seriously did you read it?

jihadis are using it to recruit children and radicalise vulnerable, giving it out for free on gaming forums to those declaring support for ISIS
LOLWUT.

I'm sorry but WOW if something like this scares you into removing stuff from your mod.. ISIS has been modded in long before your pack and never have any of those mods have any issues.

sigh

Edited by Chompster