leight

Leights OPFOR Pack

Given their legal situation it would actually be better to have the logo added back in by an optional pbo (whether made by Leight or one of us). This way nobody living in Germany would be required to download or have in their possession the banned image.
I disagree.

Regardless of their legal situation, they are the minority here. So if they want to use it they're the ones who would have to make changes and not the rest(majority) of the community.

Anyhoo, bug report: Don't know if this has been reported yet, but the IND RACS Machinegunner(PKM) actually spawns with a M240B. So idk if the name is wrong or the weapon he's spawning with. He als only spawns with the magazine in his weapon. While i get there is a ammo bearer for a reason, having to constantly get ammo from said bearer seems very impractical. Then again the player could just grab a backpack..

Edited by Chompster

If anything the ISIS logos should be in by default, but package an optional config that would remove them. Since it is only a german thing, the majority don't have an issue with the logo, and only a small tweak would satisfy the nanny state law. Either way, Leight I enjoy your mod immensely and whatever you decide I'm cool with :cool:

Afghan Militia and African Militia units don't seem to spawn using ALIVE's Military Placement(Civ. Obj) module. Does anyone else have this problem?

They will spawn with the Close Quarters Battle module though.

This is just a suggestion, but have you ever thought about adding in North Korean Forces? It would be pretty interesting to see those!

Also, great work on this pack!

Hey Leight,

it's the annoying german again.

Our testing crew went over the pack, and besides it being a really great mod they found that the ISIS logos are still visible on the shemags. The vehicles seem to be "clean" so far.

Would you do us that second favour and remove them from the shemags as well? :)

Greetings, keep it up!

niCe Kühl

Bring back the logos. Wtf is wrong with these fascist laws? Thats the whole deal with 3d Party content mods ands stuff u dont need political correction. 99.99999999% if gaming communitys are shooting them anyway

Bring back the logos. Wtf is wrong with these fascist laws? Thats the whole deal with 3d Party content mods ands stuff u dont need political correction. 99.99999999% if gaming communitys are shooting them anyway

The problem isn't political correctness. The problem is that every german server host commits a felony when running his server with @Leights_OPFOR, every german clan hosting a mod repo containing @Leights_OPFOR commits a criminal offense. Technically even downloading the mod is forbidden. The only legal way for a german player to use this mod would be if the IS logo would be inside an optional config in a separate download. That saddens me greatly, but unfortunately that's how it is.

The problem isn't political correctness. The problem is that every german server host commits a felony when running his server with @Leights_OPFOR, every german clan hosting a mod repo containing @Leights_OPFOR commits a criminal offense. Technically even downloading the mod is forbidden. The only legal way for a german player to use this mod would be if the IS logo would be inside an optional config in a separate download. That saddens me greatly, but unfortunately that's how it is.

How is it a fellony? What laws are these? Who is going to check it? You better not be afraid of all these laws

Great work Leight!

Just a small request, could you please do not change side or classname again? It breaks a lot of mission and it's a pain re-edit them all the time!

Keep up the good work!

How is it a fellony? What laws are these? Who is going to check it? You better not be afraid of all these laws

It's §86 StGB and that's quite a heavy one (up to three years of jail or a tough fine). If I'd host a server, I would definitely not take this risk. It takes only one pissed off troll with a little knowledge of the legal situation and you've got a straining law suit on your hands.

Thanks for your work, Leight, a much needed addon.

However, there may be a compatibility issue with the Combat Medical System from the CSE mod, which doesn't seem to display the wounds on your units. Could you possibly look into that?

Edited by ODKBn

Thanks for your work, Leight, a much needed addon.

However, there may be a compatibility issue with the Combat Medical System from the CMS mod, which doesn't seem to display the wounds on your units. Could you possibly look into that?

Thanks a lot for pointing this out, one of the missions we have scheduled for today had players as the CDF units which would have caused some issues. Yeah though, I can second this and can verify with the debugging module that they're not being wounded there.

I'm pretty sure it was working fine previously though; we ran a couple short TvTs last weekend and I distinctly remember being shot / entering cardiac arrest as one of the ISIS units.

Edited by Fadi

there are issues with using alive now, as it does not spawn LOP_AM at all and ignore units type for LOP_ISIS

looking for alive configs patch

there are issues with using alive now, as it does not spawn LOP_AM at all and ignore units type for LOP_ISIS

looking for alive configs patch

Same here. With each update to this pack, ALIVE compatibility breaks even more. Also, I am still getting Zeus config errors. Leight, can you please check up on this?

Also on another note, how are Eastern European civilians coming? You said you were working on them and would have them in the new update. Also for another recommendation for OPFOR groups, some Southeast Asian OPFOR groups would be a nice addition to your pack.

Most importantly, Leight, you have made an awesome pack and I greatly appreciate all the work you put into this. If the bugs can be worked out, such as ALIVE and Zeus compatibility, your mod would easily blow away the others in regards to the OPFOR front.

I changed nothing in alive config groups, maybe alive is broken.

Rpt errors:

12:19:04 Warning Message: Cannot load texture .paa\data\tak_civil03\tak_civil03_nohq.paa.
12:19:04 Warning Message: Cannot load texture .paa\data\tak_civil03\tak_civil03_as.paa.
12:19:04 Warning Message: Cannot load texture .paa\data\tak_civil03\tak_civil03_smdi.paa.
12:19:04 Warning Message: Cannot load texture .paa\data\tak_civil03\tak_civil03_ti_ca.paa.

Rpt errors:

12:19:04 Warning Message: Cannot load texture .paa\data\tak_civil03\tak_civil03_nohq.paa.
12:19:04 Warning Message: Cannot load texture .paa\data\tak_civil03\tak_civil03_as.paa.
12:19:04 Warning Message: Cannot load texture .paa\data\tak_civil03\tak_civil03_smdi.paa.
12:19:04 Warning Message: Cannot load texture .paa\data\tak_civil03\tak_civil03_ti_ca.paa.

Looks like an rvmat error.

Hey Leight,

Our testing crew went over the pack, and besides it being a really great mod they found that the ISIS logos are still visible on the shemags. The vehicles seem to be "clean" so far.

Greetings, keep it up!

niCe Kühl

Are you some kind of troll???

Hey Leight,

Greetings, keep it up!

niCe Kühl

Just asking: if it's only on the shemags who could even notice that ? I mean, if there is a law, who will ever control if in 1 of the tons of mod of 1 of the million military games there is an ISIS logo ??

I don't understand how they could block you to use it, as well as how they could find out you're using this mod...

Anyway I quote for a config for the no-logo version (Leight time and will permitting^^), as I would like to have it back.

Hey there haters,

no i am not some kind of troll.

i am playing this game with the german gaming community www.niCe-team.eu

We are a registered society, hosting several dedicated servers from which you can publicly download our preset via our website.

If we dustributed the mod that way, we would, as Belbo explained a couple pages earlier, commit a crime.

You wouldnt want to host illegal content on a public website neither would you?

simply saying no one is going to find out is too easy, as it would already be enough if some random asshole who doesn't like us reported it.

We are a little more official than 3 friends randomly playing arma in their basement and thus cannot and do not want to do anything which is against the law.

Maintaining multiple configs for one mod is a pain in the arse and anyway Leight's final decision will undoubtedly leave someone complaining that X is on the wrong side or he did Y wrong, no matter what he does.

A simple solution would be to ask for Leight's permission to edit the mod and replace the flags for the use of your clan. Even better, you could even make your own config to overwrite the elements you dislike. It doesn't take much effort, I don't know why people don't do this.

We are a registered society, hosting several dedicated servers from which you can publicly download our preset via our website.

If we dustributed the mod that way, we would, as Belbo explained a couple pages earlier, commit a crime.

Sounds legit to me. I'm not against your need, actually I'm glad anytime someone use this mod to create missions.

That's why I would ask Leight for a config for that logo (if possible). Ours is just a request for more realism, no really need though...