leight

Leights OPFOR Pack

Technically the Afghan guys are indifor. Didn't you hear about all that green-on-blue stuff in the news?

---------- Post added at 08:41 ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 ----------

All good though, for the game it makes more sense for them to be blufor :) can you add opfor ISIS and Afghan militia back again? Have two factions, one independent and one opfor. That way Russia can fight them but so can the AAF, etc and they're red on the map too. Thank you!

Have two factions, one independent and one opfor. That way Russia can fight them but so can the AAF, etc and they're red on the map too.

There is no need for such duplication, just group one side under an OPFOR commander with zero probability of presence.

@Leight - Great stuff feeling home again ....

I don't know about others, but I still have an error all the time while zeusing. (v0.7)

No entry
bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles.LOP_IA_T72BA

Really? ISIS militia is now INDFOR well there goes all my missions ive been working on. Love your work but I dont agree with this move.

The 3-side world à la Arma is completly outdated.

Until BiS gives us a way to have some kind of more complex "opposition matrix", it will be an issue.

Time to learn how to create a small addon to duplicate a faction on a different side...

So change em - come on guys. This poor modder is getting pulled left right and centre - none of his changes are life changing... :-)

SJ

Any way that you could stop moving factions around so much I mean ISIS "independent" cmon that's never gonna happen. Ok minus that if you don't want to be realistic, but everytime I make a mission you change the factions and well F it. might aswell use something else and I could actually play arma sometime.

There is no need for such duplication, just group one side under an OPFOR commander with zero probability of presence.

Same could have been said about grouping an INDEP commander without making this change necessary, but there we go.

Any way that you could stop moving factions around so much I mean ISIS "independent" cmon that's never gonna happen. Ok minus that if you don't want to be realistic, but everytime I make a mission you change the factions and well F it. might aswell use something else and I could actually play arma sometime.

Stop complaining. Its people complaining that they were OPFOR that caused Leight to change it in the first place! The simplest answer would have been to code it so they appear as BOTH OPFOR and INDEP, so both parties are happy, but Leight decided to go the full swap route, get over it. More specifically, he made them INDEP so to allow OPFOR vs ISIS (i.e. RHS Russians/CSAT vs ISIS).

@Leight, don't listen to the haters, if you hadn't changed their side, you'd have the people who wanted them changed complaining and whining. Damn if you did, damned if you didn't.

Edited by Jackal326

Awesome update, just what I've been waiting for.

He has made one change after people practically unanimously asked for it. And in my opinion this is a way more flexible, long-term solution. Yes, it means missions will have to be redone (but not necessarily from scratch, some search and replace in the mission.sqm should be about enough), but if this change had waited a month or two even more missions would have to be scrapped.

And to be frank, making a mod that changes sides/adds a copy on another side isn't that hard, I've done it myself. I'm not gonna do it again for this mod, as I am happy with the way it is now.

I dont know what are you talking about. This is first and last time when i switched sides. :)

Secondly, there is way to change with who INDFOR is allied in mission settings, so you can switch ISIS to be allied with BLUFOR, don't cry in arma everything is possible :).

Edited by Leight

Same could have been said about grouping an INDEP commander without making this change necessary, but there we go.

If ArmA requires each unit to have one principle faction then it should be the most logical one; specifically the one that reflects real or fictional alliances. The Taliban, Somalian Pirates, Islamic State at al have no ties to East or West. All 'bad guys' are OpFor is overly simplistic and the product of a US-centric world view.

If ArmA requires each unit to have one principle faction then it should be the most logical one; specifically the one that reflects real or fictional alliances. The Taliban, Somalian Pirates, Islamic State at al have no ties to East or West. All 'bad guys' are OpFor is overly simplistic and the product of a US-centric world view.

I agree, not arguing that the change makes sense, just simply that it may have been the logical choice to begin with.

Stupid question, who are these two new armies, RACS and SLA ???

They were factions in ArmA1.

I agree with others, three of my missions now are completely useless. I suggest (again) making ISIS and the Afghan militia on both opfor and indifor. That would please everyone. I know you're just trying to help Leight :) just pretty frustrating to have this. I'd rather not group every group in my missions to opfor, that's just too much work.

Hey Leight,

it's the annoying german again.

Our testing crew went over the pack, and besides it being a really great mod they found that the ISIS logos are still visible on the shemags. The vehicles seem to be "clean" so far.

Would you do us that second favour and remove them from the shemags as well? :)

Greetings, keep it up!

niCe Kühl

OK I have a mission that took a week to make it has AAF which are INDFOR and ISIS as OPFOR a small BLUFOR force is sent in to help AAF but now thats all gone but since all is possible in ARMA how can I make AAF attack ISIS?

Edited by docb58

Time to learn how to create a small addon to duplicate a faction on a different side...

For anyone that wants to, there's an example config (2 ISIS units as OpFor and Group of same) in the spoiler below.

class CfgPatches {

class XXX_C_Men {
	units[] = {"XXX_ISIS_Soldier_TL", "XXX_ISIS_Soldier_SL"};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredAddons[] = {"LOP_Main", "LOP_C_Men"};
	requiredVersion = 1.00;
	version = 0.10;
	author = "Your Name Here";
};

};

class CfgFactionClasses {

class LOP_ISIS;

class XXX_ISIS: LOP_ISIS {
	side = 0;
};

};

class CfgVehicles {

class LOP_ISIS_Soldier_TL;
class LOP_ISIS_Soldier_SL;

class XXX_ISIS_Soldier_TL: LOP_ISIS_Soldier_TL {
	side = 0;
	faction = "XXX_ISIS";
};

class XXX_ISIS_Soldier_SL: LOP_ISIS_Soldier_SL {
	side = 0;
	faction = "XXX_ISIS";
};

};

class CfgGroups {

class East {

class XXX_ISIS {

name = "ISIS";

class Infantry {

name = "Infantry";

class XXX_ISIS_Rifle_Section {

name = "Rifle Squad";
				faction = "XXX_ISIS";
				side = 0;
				aliveCategory = "Infantry";

class Unit0 {
					side = 0;
					vehicle = "XXX_ISIS_Soldier_TL";
					rank = "Sergeant";
					position[] = {0,5,0};
				};

class Unit1 {
					side = 0;
					vehicle = "XXX_ISIS_Soldier_SL";
					rank = "Corporal";
					position[] = {3,0,0};
				};

};

};

};

};

};

For anyone that wants to, there's an example config (2 ISIS units as OpFor and Group of same) in the spoiler below.

Just to show you up Defunkt, here's one for all units in ISIS (bar vehicles and static) ;)

http://pastebin.com/2pc9xrht

Tbh, I just took what I already had written for my own extension earlier and did some search and replace.

Hey Leight,

it's the annoying german again.

Our testing crew went over the pack, and besides it being a really great mod they found that the ISIS logos are still visible on the shemags. The vehicles seem to be "clean" so far.

Would you do us that second favour and remove them from the shemags as well? :)

Greetings, keep it up!

niCe Kühl

I respectfully ask the exact opposite. Bring back the logo on vehicles, please.

niCe Kühl, it would be both nice & cool for players of other countries if you update the addon to suit your needs but don't ask the original addon to be modified.

I respectfully ask the exact opposite. Bring back the logo on vehicles, please.

niCe Kühl, it would be both nice & cool for players of other countries if you update the addon to suit your needs but don't ask the original addon to be modified.

Given their legal situation it would actually be better to have the logo added back in by an optional pbo (whether made by Leight or one of us). This way nobody living in Germany would be required to download or have in their possession the banned image.

Holy f*ck people, just let Leight do his (awesome) work... if half of the forum starts shouting that faction A and B should be independent and the other half shouts they should be opfor we are getting nowhere... there already is a config that adds some of the factions to other sides as well which suits everybody's needs. The fault here is ArmA's retarded idea of 'bad guys vs good guys', not Leight's choices as there is no way he can do this right to please everybody. And Germans, just stop