leight

Leights OPFOR Pack

Is there proper documentation what's actually included in the mod somewhere? Also classlists?

could you please remove US vehicles from ISIS faction groups?

unrealistic they have US tanks :eek:

I try to filter them out in ALiVE .... but unfortunately it doesn't work

ISIS military equipment arsenal 2014:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/isis-military-equipment-arsenal-2014-11?op=1?r=US

Edited by maquez

Yes im with maquez, would be cool not to have M1A* tanks on whatever rebellion side. A question beside that, why is "IS" on opfor side?

IS have procured pretty much all of their vehicle fleet by capturing them from enemy forces. While they don't have any M1 Abrams at this point of the conflict, it is not beyond the realm of reason that they may in the future capture them from the Iraqi Army that has been, ehm, less than stellar in performance.

As for why it is OPFOR, it is most likely that since it is considered a direct enemy of the US/NATO (BLUFOR) and Iraqi Army (Indfor). That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Iraq as BLUFOR and IS as optionally Indfor.

IS have procured pretty much all of their vehicle fleet by capturing them from enemy forces. While they don't have any M1 Abrams at this point of the conflict, it is not beyond the realm of reason that they may in the future capture them from the Iraqi Army that has been, ehm, less than stellar in performance.

IS captured 5 M1A1's from Iraqi Army up to this day, all were abandoned by their crews and were operational, and all were destroyed by IS, 4 were burned and 1 was blow up (literally they put tons of explosives inside it), this 5 tanks are ~50% of total M1A1's lost by Iraqi Army up to this day (around 10 maybe few more), much more M1A1's were however damaged during fights and are now in the rear bases where they are slowly repaired.

IS just do not have people capable to operate vehicles like M1A1, neither logistical means to do so, some tanks they captured (3) were stuck due to fault of their crews, and could not be recovered by means IS have.

Also there is ideological issue here, as IS and similiar terrorist groups must proove that their fighters are glorious and brave and such kind of shit, so in propaganda it's best when they pose with burning M1A1 behind them.

So all in all, no islamic terrorist group would use such tech, it is too much for people that most time spend reading religious book instead of some scientific books or technical manuals.

For IS more sense is to use equipment smaller, lighter and easier to operate for their uneducated fighters, like T-54/55 tanks or T-62's and T-72's which they indeed operate (most captured from Syrian Army and some from Iraqi Army).

Actually i talked with Leight via PM and provided him with some advises as to what tanks should be used by whom.

Well, consider me informed. With that information in mind I can agree with removing them from the IS faction.

I'm a fan of all the factions Leight including the Afghan Army and Police etc. Your call at the end of the day, not going to tell you what to do with your own mod, but this pack brings some much needed realistic content for all sides in one go so please consider keeping what's already in the mod.

If you do remove them at least make them an addition that can be run independently. Maybe re-brand it under "Leight's Support Forces" as I'd not usually play as them, but have them as AI providing cordons or some-such. or leave them in as such.

I decided to remove all "good" factions like Afghan Army or Iraqi. In this package there will be only opfor factions like Taki Army, ChDKZ, etc.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/32983584913395391/EEBDA37B4873FFE85449016D75C9B0F0A3DCE144/ (133 kB)

That's unfortunate! :( We just switched from CAF Aggressors to your pack. One of the reasons were in fact that your modprovides some really interesting factions like Afghan Army and Iraq.

So i dont have a choice :P, i will improve Afghan Army, probably i will use A2 uniforms :)

I just made a mission playing as Iraqi Army versus ISIS. So please keep the good guys in haha.

Hi! Thank you. Your mod is one of the best mods!

But I have one request (note). Make the invisible vests for these guys here http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/32982655650806095/47024AA5DB3304BB1CEE39109CA7FFC4C4C0F24B/. The way it's done now (passes through the texture coats) looks awful. Invisible vests will provide an opportunity to keep all items but will not spoil model.

So no possibility to fight as opfor against others? I love the rhs mod and the russian faction is so good that we want to play as them against bad guys. Problem with arma2 imports that its the size of the download and animations, you already see it as they hold the weapon, 95° hand/arm ;)

So no possibility to fight as opfor against others? I love the rhs mod and the russian faction is so good that we want to play as them against bad guys. Proble

m with arma2 imports that its the size of the download and animations, you already see it as they hold the weapon, 95°

hand/arm ;)

Group a blufor or independent unti with rhe opfor group u want to act as other faction make him leader of group with highet rank from others then set possibility of presance 0. There u go

So no possibility to fight as opfor against others? I love the rhs mod and the russian faction is so good that we want to play as them against bad guys. Problem with arma2 imports that its the size of the download and animations, you already see it as they hold the weapon, 95° hand/arm ;)

You can change side for needed units in mission.sqm

thx but we want to use alive and not every mission builder will use micromanage ;)

That's a lot of information without one single source. Info on war gets twisted and manipulated by people's opinions on the world so often, it would be nice if you could be so kind as to provide at least one article depicting IS capturing M1A1's.

That's a lot of information without one single source. Info on war gets twisted and manipulated by people's opinions on the world so often, it would be nice if you could be so kind as to provide at least one article depicting IS capturing M1A1's.

It's common knowledge that quite a few Abrams have fallen into IS hands. Just Google Islamic State M1A1 and you'll find any number of articles from reputable sources.

On World Tribune, Pentagon confirms ISIL captured tanks, building ‘faster’ military force:

Officials said ISIL was believed to have captured up to 50 MBTs from Iraq Army bases around Mosul. They said the platforms were divided between U.S.-origin platforms, including the M1A1, as well as such older Russian models as the T-72, T-62 and T-55.

ISIL has also been seen with the U.S.-origin MRAP, or mine-resistant protected ambush, and manufactured by Oshkosh Defense. In mid-August, the U.S. Air Force was ordered to find and destroy the heavily-armored vehicle, also deployed in Afghanistan.

Officials did not rule out that some of the heavy armored platforms were taken to Syria for storage as well as to fight the Syrian Army. They cited ISIL attacks on Syrian Army bases in the Aleppo and Raqa provinces.

The most widely-used ground platform used by ISIL has been the armored Humvee, supplied by the United States. Officials said ISIL was believed to have captured up to 2,000 Humvees from Iraq Army bases and used in operations in the autonomous region of Kurdistan as well as in northern Syria.

When IS routed the Iraqi Army in northern Iraq back in June, the latter abandoned a lot of equipment as they literally stripped down to their underwear and ran away.

Good to know! Thanks for the sources owmyeye!

Im looking for ANA camo but no results :(

Check this out, it's http://hyperstealth.com/spec4ce/order/index.html

Spec4e Forest was adapted by the ANA as "Afghan Forest"

---------- Post added at 00:00 ---------- Previous post was at 23:59 ----------

spec4ce-forest-cloth-sample.jpg

---------- Post added at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/t4281-different-ana-digital-uniform-with-epaulettes

---------- Post added at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

I wish there was an Arabic radio protocol in Arma 3 :(

---------- Post added at 00:04 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

http://www.hyperstealth.com/Afghanistan/index.html

---------- Post added at 00:06 ---------- Previous post was at 00:04 ----------

And for the Iraqis this texture for the HMMWV's :D 20060221125052_9iraqiarmy2-20060221.jpg