leight

Leights OPFOR Pack

Yepp, with the Takistani Militia and Civilians this mod just sky rocket up my list of arid opfor units. ^^ Thanks for that!

And with RHS you just choose the right requirements. Keep up the awesome work!

Really nice and relevant addon, thanks for sharing your work!

These factions bring back the "fun" to the Arma series for me (if I'm allowed to say it this way), since I don't like the vanilla content/setting/story.

I vote +1 for the idea of having the units not only in the OPFOR section, so e.g. Russians can fight the IS militants, too.

(Maybe they will do it anyway in real life?!)

And maybe, if possible, you are able to give all their vehicles desert camo?

http://static.businessinsider.com/image/546a2829ecad045b7ee99723/image.jpg

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/53b3e214ecad04bf31d8477b-480/isis.jpg

You can make any unit fight with any faction very easily in the editor. There's absolutely no reason to clutter the editor with duplicate units.

Can't remember Whether you said this,but in the last COOP mission of my unit,we felt that the fire range of the AIs of your mod increased,sometimes they fire at us over 500m.Before last update I remember they only fire at the player in about 200m.Have you fixed this or it's just my illusion?

You can make any unit fight with any faction very easily in the editor. There's absolutely no reason to clutter the editor with duplicate units.

But can you do that with ALiVE? I think you would need duplicates to use ALiVE with them.

But can you do that with ALiVE? I think you would need duplicates to use ALiVE with them.

Well if not then that's something that should be addressed by the ALiVE devs (again, rather than cluttering up the editor).

Do you mean by grouping every single unit/group placed in the editor to an invisible opponent unit?

I agree, that it's confusing to have "hundreds" of factions per side, but isn't it some kind of a pain in the *** having to place an extra unit everytime? Or how is it done "easily"?

Edit: Or maybe it would be good to move at least ISIS and Chechens to Independent-Side, since they are a threat to Russia (,too).

Edited by killshot

for me it is little strange the reason he put the Chechen Rebels to OPFOR faction

how he configured means the US vs Chechen, which in reality never occurred.

for that I ask kindly if he may move them

The Russians indeed did fight the Chechen's in reality !

the rest of his faction assignments do match perfect

Edited by maquez

I'm fairly certain (Going by the unit type and name itself) the 'Chechens' actually represent the Arma 2 ChDKZ 'Chedaki' fighters, who are allied with Russia.

Definitely going to give this pack a go. I'm really surprised by the lack of many under-equipped resistance type units that have come out of the community. I miss the old days of OFP:R!

Finally something that can replace CAF for me. Love this so far, some extra side options would be nice (primarily Afghan and Iraq army and Police on BLUFOR and the OPFOR ones on INDFOR), but I'm not gonna sweat it since I personally tend to use loadout scripts for player units anyway.

As someone who likes custom loadouts I would also love to see the Afghan and Iraq uniforms in versions without flag patches. Also, LOP_U_AFR_Fatigue_03 currently displays as basic AAF fatigues for me, is this intended or not?

EDIT: I also noticed that the weapons you have ported from ARMA 2 to use have somewhat weird stats, primarily their almost non-existant weight. If that would be balanced to be on par with the weapons from RHS that would be just awesome.

Edited by Axelius
Uncalled for swearing.

Finally something that can replace that bloody CAF.

Had a mad idea, what if Leight talked to Reyhard about actually bundling his East weapons/tanks ports into a package they might dub RDS:Insurrection. A sort of partner mod to RHS:Escalation but focused on the 'independent' insurgent factions USAF or AFRF both might ally/confront. It's what a lot of people are already doing but it would be kind of cool to see it slightly formalised as a single download.

Also it would be nice to have ISIS as an Independent option, just for more versatility to be used against real world ISIS opponents not represented in this mod pack, i.e. Syrian Army, Hezbollah etc from MEC, I feel your ISIS seem more convincing maybe :)

Finally something that can replace that bloody CAF. Love this so far, some extra side options would be nice (primarily Afghan and Iraq army and Police on BLUFOR and the OPFOR ones on INDFOR), but I'm not gonna sweat it since I personally tend to use loadout scripts for player units anyway.

As someone who likes custom loadouts I would also love to see the Afghan and Iraq uniforms in versions without flag patches. Also, LOP_U_AFR_Fatigue_03 currently displays as basic AAF fatigues for me, is this intended or not?

EDIT: I also noticed that the weapons you have ported from ARMA 2 to use have somewhat weird stats, primarily their almost non-existant weight. If that would be balanced to be on par with the weapons from RHS that would be just awesome.

'That Bloody CAF'. once again the Amra community shows its appreciation for free mods by being critical of what was made freely available. All mods eventually become unsupported in time, the fact that you apparently are still using it (or the servers you play on do) says that you've had a lot of use from it. Yes finally a new up-to-date mod to replace Aggressors, wonderful, but no need to be ungrateful for a free mod that provided many hours of playing time.

The only reason why I care is because if free mods go unappreciated then people will simply stop making them available on Armaholic and only distribute them amongst their clans.

'That Bloody CAF'. once again the Amra community shows its appreciation for free mods by being critical of what was made freely available. All mods eventually become unsupported in time, the fact that you apparently are still using it (or the servers you play on do) says that you've had a lot of use from it. Yes finally a new up-to-date mod to replace Aggressors, wonderful, but no need to be ungrateful for a free mod that provided many hours of playing time.

The only reason why I care is because if free mods go unappreciated then people will simply stop making them available on Armaholic and only distribute them amongst their clans.

You know, you are absolutely right, my judgement was clouded by my misconception that CAF was still not at all supported and certain aspects of how OHally handled things when he dropped the mod following Bootcamp. His choice to have done so was, of course, understandable although disappointing at the time. I have time and time again been frustrated over being "forced" to use the mod as it has been the one easy decent militia OPFOR mod that has not had heavy requirements out there. Keyword there should be "decent" and not "forced", but alas my perception these last weeks have been on the first, especially due to the mix of elation and frustration over the work that I now have to put in to reverse engineer missions to allow for use with LOP and not CAF_Aggressors. Now, I do see that OHally has returned to make a new version of CAF using CUP, although I am unsure if I will use it anytime soon, since our community made the choice long ago to go with RHS and including CUP as well will be redundant.

Nonetheless, CAF has provided a lot of fun, but I do think that this mod does look a lot better and contains many superior qualities. I have edited my previous post to remove that comment, as it was unnecessary and uncalled for.

@Leight - thanks for yr work .. 1Q .. can't see (2d editor/MCC/Zeus) the Afghans both civis and Militia - anu idea ?? - thanks

Edit: fixed !!

Edited by Spoor

Any chance for arma1 unifroms? SLA/RACS with their vests/uniforms? :)

Thanks much for this great mod! Me and my clan are highly appreciating this well done army-pack. I am working at my first mission at the moment and I am using the ISIS-forces, the Chedakis and the Ultranationalists. I also would like to thank you for being interested into the community's suggestions and adding the HLC-config.

I registrated to the forum to report some glitches concerning the ISIS-units, the "PKM-Gunner", the "Grenadier", the "Driver" and the "Corpseman". The PKM-Gunner is wearing a shemag and a balaclava, the other 3 units are wearing a shemag and a kufyia. This combination is causing glitches, which are unnecessary.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/546393553633768181/D48307E48E833B220CB0D2D5F4F73F58303B78B8/ PKM-Gunner

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/546393553633768456/9B11A8D75D091A8669857AE24125F57CF1C8C93E/ Driver

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/546393553633768597/B788C96A96B7B9321192699E835C12566BA7E173/ Grenadier

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/546393553640072820/C0F6F409559625C38367A40677BED49AF859E296/ Corpseman

Would be very nice if you could remove the balaclava/ kufyia's to get rid of the glitches.

Also, I know its called "OPFOR-pack", but I would be usefull if all armys could be used as all factions. I would like to let Chedakis fight against ISIS.

Edited by Marduk1813

I'm beginning to consider using this addon for my insurgency mission instead of CAF Aggressors, but I'd like to know if the factions are usable by ALiVE. Especially the Afghan units. Thanks!

[EDIT]

Read first post again. Nevermind! ;)

Edited by Phronk
I am an idiot.

Hello Leight, I am loving your pack, it's a good, refreshing change from CAF Aggressors. However, I am having some issues with your units and ALiVE. For example, I am using LOP_ChDKZ for Chechen rebels and have my ALIVE stuff setup to use light infantry, however, its only spawning armored units. Can you look into your configs to see if there is something messed up with ALIVE?

Very nice pack. Would be cool to have the possibility to fight as opfor (rhs) against isis and such type. It looks for a very good support here, classnames documentation and so on. We will put them in our asr ai config. THX! ;)

Very nice pack, can t wait to see more. Do you plan to add more vehicles etc.?

Świetna paczka, planujesz zrobić więcej frakcji (więcej portów mundurów, pojazdow?)

Hey Leight,

I don't want to annoy you with it, but I'm still hoping for an answer on my post from some time ago.

We still can't use your pack due to legal issues in Germany. Will you be so generous to do a version of the pack that doesn't include the forbidden ISIS insignia and other politically complicated symbols?

We would really appreciate a statement.

Greetings from german niCe-Team

Kuehl