icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Island Panthera for A3

dcal, you trully are a master of videos. My jaw hit the desktable once again ;)

Thanks Ice, Panthera is an amazing island. I appreciate all the work you put into your maps...I have had many hours of fun on them

Thanks Ice, Panthera is an amazing island. I appreciate all the work you put into your maps...I have had many hours of fun on them

Incredible work. It really shows off IB's work to the fullest. I love the way that you added a few addons to highlight certain aspects. Bravo

IB: do you have any plans for this island and/or your others?

Isla Duala v3.2 next week, all other A3 islands will be kept to a private server with just a small team invited. Until monetization of servers (and addons?) is better implemented.

IceBreakr, do you have a link pointing to this monetization talks ? I'm kinda lost here... and fear BiS will just kill the community...

Thx !

Isla Duala v3.2 next week, all other A3 islands will be kept to a private server with just a small team invited. Until monetization of servers (and addons?) is better implemented.

Really sad news to hear. I guess Lingor falls into that category?

Hmm Lingor. Not sure what to do. I'm dead tired of ppl complaining about AiA TP dependency. I might release an island that doesn't require AIA, but its helluva work.

Reposting this amazing dcal's video in case you've missed it, it deserves a lot more views :)

Hmm Lingor. Not sure what to do. I'm dead tired of ppl complaining about AiA TP dependency. I might release an island that doesn't require AIA, but its helluva work.

Reposting this amazing dcal's video in case you've missed it, it deserves a lot more views :)

I think you should ignore the people complaining about the AiA TP dependency just one last time and release at least lingor. Then release one that doesn't require AiA. I think it would be fantastic to have the last of the big three. Unless you plan to still do that one idea of having All the islands together on 1 Gigantic huge map lol

Exactly. Dont listen to such humans. Let them complain to whatever they want. I would love to see Lingor on A3, who cares dependency when i can play such a fanstastic map. So many sissies out there in the world...

Too many people have been complaining about stuff lately and developers have been cutting back on things its just not fun anymore

Remember, the only people you "hear" are complaining... the rest of us, 98% of users are silent because we love the ease and simplicity AiA_Tp drives - and have nothing to complain about...

Don't listen to the complainers..... :-)

SJ

The please, by all means, release Lingor. I know many things are changing, and AiA TP might stop working tomorrow, but for now it works, and it saves you, as a terrain builder, a lot of troubles, and it makes your life easier. Right now no one has Lingor, it will make a helluva difference to have it. And that will be positive even for AiA TP dependency haters.

The inmense work that AiA TP was, to get to it's current state, should be used to get some advantage, and realease based on it. Even if tomorrow it's broken, I pretty confident someone will repair it. The hardest work is done.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but a fix for the coordinate grid on panthera would be very appreciated. Other than that I absolutely love it.

Any other issues? So far fixed that floating water fountain, coordinates fix, added Winthera - winter version ;) anything else for next release? ;)

Winthera? Nice, niiiiiicccceeeee, Niiiiiiiiiiccccccceeeeee^^

I had some strange observations last time i played panthera. I was not able to command my AI mates into a building (this building which is under construction) so i decided to delete this useless AI twats. So i chilled out a little bit on the top of these floors as the enemy arrived. I was really suprised that the Enemy AI was able to come upstairs and kill me (he kills me cause it was sure this dumb twat wont be able to come upstaris)

So why Enemy AI is able to enter this buildings but my AI idiots cant do it?

Just my 2 cents here, but regarding AiA, can't please them all (took a bit of effort to keep that peaceful). And Lingor, well, I hesitated quite some time ago bringing it up as I knew you were already busy with Panthera and Duala (and it's somewhat off topic). And while both maps I really enjoy and I'm thoroughly excited to check Winthera, I truly love Lingor. :)

Same here... even if i risk some infractions. Lingor is my all-time favorite. It would absolutely awesome to have it ported.

Will be testing Winthera this night....

We've found out that object from A2 that is causing CTDs in present on Lingor... in number of 470 objects. So... please hold ;)

Remember, the only people you "hear" are complaining... the rest of us, 98% of users are silent because we love the ease and simplicity AiA_Tp drives - and have nothing to complain about...

Don't listen to the complainers..... :-)

SJ

That's some pretty faulty logic right there. Just because people don't complain, doesn't mean they like it(that highly unlikely number of 98% which you pulled out of nowhere, probably isn't even on the forums to begin with)

While not always worded in the best/nicest way, a developer should always be open to taking on feedback.

Hey Icebreaker, got a few areas with vegetation on the road at Ramon's Island.

048 083

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44248446476047354/452710547A3DAB24B76BBD3758F7BC14895DBECE/

050 085

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44248446476049894/C6F8E6257D2911F8B67E0F686308E05AFFDA5393/

046 082

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44248446476052233/C914500B0404C396003B91AE3EF7865263455340/

Looking forward to Winthera

Edit:

Found a few places with road inconsistencies, not sure if they were intended or not but ill put them up here.

023 049

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44248446476104549/722647069057191CF3E13A3F5EC2BD0D9BA3A224/

034 047 - Intended wear and tear due to water?

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44248446476107894/7CB531284E6CB3E0E4AC70C1452A4CAF309EE28B/

037 025 - Bit confused about this one. One road leads to harbour but then the other one just comes out of the water on the otherside. Is this intended for FOB making by the water side or a mistake?

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44248446476116223/DE9061130EF8B49335BEE5C90DEE615B391E3D08/

031 034

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44248446476117833/BD23C96216E1B038B8E27A469979081D6DB16DEE/

061 038 - Intended wear and tear due to water?

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44248446476122642/2951E8EDA5B53A9C031A5C67E00B579886FBFDA6/

089 038

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44248446476125142/FD8BB1456054664964BCB8FADB52E1DBDEBD5D51/

Not sure how placing of road systems work in arma so could be reporting stuff that cant be fixed, but hope it helps.

Edited by IISwede
Added roads report

Some "bugs" are actually features. But yes, I'll fix most of them in the next release. Except more stuff now since silly contest is over ;) at least we got the price for an island (contest Bornholm winner) for server monetizations ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

We use play withsix for updates (AiA included) and we experienced ZERO crashes on more than 10 events in A3 so far, so... hard to say what is causing CTDs on your end :/

Tell me again where did you acquire AiA Terrain Pack (try it with Play WithSix!), I am aware some asshats uploaded an old version of AiA without Kju's permission on Steam and that one is causing crashes on Chenarus and other custom islands. Avoid.

Edited by IceBreakr