icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Island Panthera for A3

We have a public server that has mission rotations through many maps, so our players run a single modset enabling them to play whatever is running.

The issue I suspect here is that both authors will have used the same class names for the ibr objects. Ideally each author should prefix their new or modified class names with their ID tag to avoid these conflicts.

Ok, so I've found the issue with still receiving this message:

Warning Message: Addon 'A3_Map_Panthera3' requires addon 'CUP_ibr_plants'

It's a conflict with the mod map N'Ziwasogo. I guess there is an overwrite of objects, which prevents Panthera from loading correctly.

When running @cup_terrains_core and @panthera_a3, no problem.

When running @cup_terrains_core, @panthera_a3 and @nziwasogo there are problems.

I'll cross-post to the N'Ziwasogo thread so hopefully one or other author can resolve the conflict.

I still get this error and I´m using CUP Terrains "full" (not just core), and I´ve just updated Isla Duala (both maps are throwing this dependacy error) =(

EDIT - I used to have all Icebreakr maps on a single folder and overwrite redundant files... if I load both updated maps (and CUP terrains of course) on separate folders, the dependancy error is fixed... gotta update my launcher modlines ;)

Hello icebreaker I found her a few small mistakes :)

Grass on concrete runway
ektuuoq.jpg
kRlM4Iz.jpg
3yLjJCc.jpg

flying debris house:
0MAsesH.jpg
5ibCDvG.jpg

fp1qZaC.jpg

The flying debris house was after it was destroyed during the mission? If so I remember seeing that those particular buildings had an issue where in the destroyed version would be off the ground. And if so I believe it is out of Icebreakr's control.

Where can i get the Source Files for Mapping with Terrain Builder?!

Source files for this are not available to my knowledge.

Where can i get the Source Files for Mapping with Terrain Builder?!

Huh? My work is not freeware... make your own island.

There's bunch of people that don't know that I've added a lot of new areas in A3 version of my Island Panthera. Here are some of the new areas on the W side of the map, enjoy.

Isla Fortieste, Southwest

panthera_newareas1.jpg

Isla Rubina & Isla Savagia, West

panthera_newareas2.jpg

Upgraded Boriana Airbase / FOB

panthera_newareas3.jpg

• Like 4

Hey,

just here to post a config error thats pops up in the 3d editor. Maybe u could fix it

http://i.imgur.com/abUrvjv.jpg

All Mods are up2date

Are you running the CUP terrains and core or the Complete Terrains pack? As far as I remember it only requires core now. Or if you're running other maps along with it as well. Easiest way to check is run just Arma with Panthera and Cup core. If you have done this already then my apologies.

just double checked it not your maps brokes this, Esseker brokes this on your maps, cant believe it.

Sorry for that ^^

• Like 1

Is it just me or is this a very bright terrain? I really enjoy it, it's amazing, but in the middle of an overcast night it's like there's no need at all for NVG's.

Is this something others have noticed? Just trying to ascertain if the issue is on my end.

Is it just me or is this a very bright terrain? I really enjoy it, it's amazing, but in the middle of an overcast night it's like there's no need at all for NVG's.

Is this something others have noticed? Just trying to ascertain if the issue is on my end.

Are you aware that all my maps are set to a full moon night (day)? Try changing date at least a week less or more that the currently set one to experience darker nights?

If it will be still too bright let me know so I can tweak it - Panthera is coming with a new slight update and uncoded pbo.

Best regards!

• Like 3

Are you aware that all my maps are set to a full moon night (day)? Try changing date at least a week less or more that the currently set one to experience darker nights?

If it will be still too bright let me know so I can tweak it - Panthera is coming with a new slight update and uncoded pbo.

Best regards!

Uncoded pbo?! Does this mean what I think it means?

Yeah I tried a few different dates, and even fully overcast there was still no need for NVG's.

Hope the new update doesn't change too much, it's only just been reindexed for ALiVE haha.

For some reason I get an error about missing structure: a3\structures_f\research\dome_small_plates.p3d. maybe the latest patch messed up something. Anyway, the best map for Arma 3 IMHO.

Hey Icebreakr is there some way to open/close the Panthera Park gate via code?
I'd like to start a mission with the gate wide open.

Also if there's some magic you could do to stop the AI just walking straight through it even when it's closed that would be incredible (I know this is probably a BI issue) 

Cy07dcxW8AA8f_H.jpg
People are reporting that BIS removed some of the models from the game. Exactly, after we needed to re-download 10 GIGS they removed 3 MBs of p3ds... and wrecked several projects in progress, inc. exisiting maps like Panthera.
Silola is reporting same issue here

• Like 4

Cy07dcxW8AA8f_H.jpg

People are reporting that BIS removed some of the models from the game. Exactly, after we needed to re-download 10 GIGS they removed 3 MBs of p3ds... and wrecked several projects in progress, inc. exisiting maps like Panthera.

Silola is reporting same issue here

It's mind boggling that no one at bohemia thought "Hmm, maybe removing something that has been in the game for more than 3 years isn't a smart move".

Cheers

• Like 1

I'm going to have to check when I get home tonight, but I was making a mission on Panthera over the weekend (after the update) and don't recall seeing that error???

It is there with 1.66 running, believe me. I'll update to get rid of that error asap.

• Like 1

You're awesome dude, thanks for all your work.

Don't suppose you had an answer to my last post about how I can start a mission with Panthera Park gate wide open? Is there some code I can put in the mission init or something?

Need some way to let the raptors escape from the start of the mission :P

Oh sorry missed that, try this one:

To open:

doorname animate ["Dvere1", 1]  

To close:

doorname animate ["Dvere2", 0]  

• Like 2

As you've probably read in the changelog of official "hotfix", dome_small_plates.p3d has been restored and no longer causes a pop-up. Nevertheless, I'm updating the map to v3.8 shortly for Xmas release and removing obfuscation.

• Like 2