icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Island Panthera for A3

Hey IceBreakr, is this error related to your island? If so, can it be fixed? :)

Dirty Haz

Dirty Haz ughh, good question. I have mapSize = 10240; set the same way as BIS did with Altis. But it looks it's set outside of island params, right at the beginning of CfgWorlds class. Wierd...

Hi !

I have a question about you'r awesome map !!!! (Panthera Park <3)

Were i can find the model of you'r " lab " in the editor / zeus ?

Because i don't find him, i find the Military, Medical version but not you'r :s

Can you tell me were i can find him ?

Thanck's guy's !

IceBreakr, I have no clue how to fix it... Hopefully you do. All I know is that it's caused by BIS_fnc_worldArea (I think). :)

Dirty Haz

Excellent, thank you very much for your continued work on Panthera IceBreakr. She truly is a fantastic map. I was admiring the attention to detail with a friend yesterday; we noticed the bit at Arnoldstein airfield where you've placed stands for spectators, a path there from a car park and a ticket booth en route. Props for sticking to when you said you'd release it as well!

Is the floating Lada still about? :p

Edited by Beazley

I was playing around on Panthera's Isla Nubla yesterday when I was saddened to find out I could not drive through the Dino perimeter fence with a RHS HMMV, Soon RHS will be adding FFV to vehicles and I was hoping to be able to bash around the Isla Nubla plains shooting raptors. I made a little video with me trying to drive a range of different vehicles through the gates. I'm not sure if this is easily fixable or maybe something wrong with RHS but I wanted top point it out anyways.

PENGUIN, just an fyi im pretty sure it was stated that the offroad is the largest thats suppose to fit threw "by design". so to have gotten those though is good to note, and good video too

PENGUIN, just an fyi im pretty sure it was stated that the off road is the largest that's suppose to fit threw "by design". so to have gotten those though is good to note, and good video too

Oh ok I was a little thrown of by the fact I could get some quite large vehicles through the gate, But I would still love to see the RHS open top Humvees get though I will post about it in the RHS thread and see if they can adjust the vehicles to have the correct sizes IE Humvee should get through but BM-21 should not.

Strange that size of vehicle vs. size of gate opening is not a factor ....

Well, collision lods are probably the cause for that ;)

Finally i got around to start making missions on Panthera !!

But i ran into one little issue that makes my MM days a bit frustrating.

Its regarding the script HOUSEPATROL by Thope, which is i have used quite a lot for previous arma maps/ islands and lately on Altis.

However, on Panthera the inserted units beceom invisable when the line for executing the script for housepatrol is placed in the units init ? Its really strange as i can see the marker "rifleman" in front of me where the unit was placed, but for some reason its invisable and also not moved into the buliding. If i take out the init execution the unit is there as any other editor placed unit would be.

Have any others tried using this script on pantherea or elsewhere getting the same odd behaviour ?

I also noted that some the scrpits creating civ ambience also not seem to work on Panthera, but this is not fully tested so i can not confirm this yet. I just thought it may be related.

on Panthera the inserted units beceom invisable when the line for executing the script for housepatrol is placed in the units init ?

If you provide a simple repro mission, I would look into it. I've been looking the script you mention, and there's no code to make units invisible, but it lacks enough defensive code, and a unit "might" be teleported to position [0,0,0], under very rare situations. Panthera tends to stress test those types of scrits :).

congratulations for the release!!!!:)

Edited by Ei8ght

finally got to play around on both your islands. Very nice balance between quality and framerates. They are great, nice work as always

Wow nice serjames! Add me up on Skype, I should add you to A3 Squad C/Os & X/Os group so we can do some joint ops.

actually i was wondering...the textures at distance...can we adjust them to give better detail at distance? im getting amazing framerates and impressed by the terrain design...but the mid and far textures are pretty much blurs? or am i missing a config/pbo or something?

Edited by --mastermind--

Probably your personal ingame settings. Put simply, the lower the setting, the lower the ingame detail

A tour of Icebreakr's stunning Island Panthera. Of all the islands made for the Arma series Island Panthera has always been my favorite and I was glad to see him port it over to Arma 3 with some nice additions to the island. Great work Icebreakr!