Sign in to follow this  
iceman77

Public Community Scripter's Lounge

Coders and aspiring coders alike have come together on teamspeak3 to hangout and socialize. All are welcome to participate. This is advantageous for a few reasons.

Here is what we can offer one another:

* Socialize with like minded individuals.

* Learn from one another directly.

* Learn by overhearing useful information.

* Layed back, but fun environment. We've alot of laughs in here.

* Combined we've a diverse array of coding skills and "specialties".

* No strings attached. Hang with your "gaming" clan too. Come kick it in the lounge whenever you like.

Who should consider hanging out in the Community Scripter's Lounge??

* Any person who enjoys writing, talking about, or sharing code

* Newbies who are learning to write their own code

Who currently hangs out in the Community Scripter's Lounge ??

* J-Shock

* DreadedEntity

* Tajin

* Tankbuster

* Heeeere's Johnny! aka WaltenBerg

* MistaParadox

* Das Attorney

Please send J-Shock or DreadedEntity a PM for their Team Speak information.

Edited by Iceman77

I would just like to reiterate that even though you may see some of the "big" names in scripting on that list, we accept any and all, new and old, nice and mean (well...maybe not) that want to come in and talk, learn, or otherwise!

Edited by JShock

I would just like to reiterate that even though you may see some of the "big" names in scripting on that list, we accept any and all that want to come in and talk, learn, or otherwise!

Living example, right here.

Come on in and join, I promise you'll either learn something or at least laugh!

I will be the guy with a lot of great ideas but no real knowledge how to make it happen. If you don't mind teaching me I will hang out with the smart guys (:

Sounds good.

When are you around? I guess we are from all over the planet...

Yes we are.

Just hang out and idle in the channel. Noone will complain if you're neckdeep in a script and don't talk ^^.

Though there is a slight risk of getting distracted by silly talk. ;)

@ All interested - We've a wide array of people from all over hanging out and it's a great atmosphere. Tajin summed it up pretty well. Feel free to hangout, work on your own stuff, and shoot the breeze. Or not. Sitting quietly is okay too. But it is nice to be able to quickly get a reference on something if needed. Also it's nice to be able pull like minded testers in if you need to test something sometimes.

Look forward to hanging out :) Cheers.

Edited by Iceman77

Awesome idea, will definitely be contacting yourself for details!

Might drop in at some point. There's also an official skype group for those unaware (just search for it).

Might drop in at some point. There's also an official skype group for those unaware (just search for it).

I was unaware of that, which is a nice piece of knowledge to have, but this group is not going for "officality", we just want to hang around one another, have some questions answered, some good laughs, with no actual structure behind any of it. And I would venture to guess that in those official skypes that people may even be afraid to ask their questions to some of the "gods" of scripting/modding/etc. in Arma. In here we all treat each other as if we are on the same level, we all have our goods and bads, because if you would have asked me even just a month ago if I would ever meet someone to the likes of Iceman77, Das Attorney, Tankbuster, or any of the rest, I would have laughed and said bullshit, that would never happen, but now especially after meeting everyone I can say we all share a lot of the same ideology, just some of them have a few more years of experience than others :p.

Sorry all, the TeamSpeak is currently down, we are trying to figure out why, and get it back up (November 17th at 18:00 Central Standard Time, -5 GMT).

Edited by JShock

This sounds great. I'm currently solving hardware issues, but I'd stop by some time. Someone send me the address :)

Hey Scripting community, it has been while since this thread has been active, but we got a new TeamSpeak, which has more slots, so there will be no need to PM me for the details anymore.

Everyone is welcome, all I ask when you come in, is to let someone know your from the BI forums and someone should be able to tag you up with the "BIForums" tag, which should give you access to the BI Lounge room under "Recreation Rooms".

TS IP:

Shutdown.

Edited by JShock