Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

This War of Mine

In This War Of Mine you do not play as an elite soldier, rather a group of civilians trying to survive in a besieged city; struggling with lack of food, medicine and constant danger from snipers and hostile scavengers. The game provides an experience of war seen from an entirely new angle.

This War of Mine (Steam)

I thought that this sounded interesting and thought that some of you might like it. Additionally, I was wondering if any of you guys have played it, heard anything about it, or were planning on getting it?

This seems to be running the same engine as that zombie game that had an extremely short SP campaign. Can't remember the name of it ... Hope this one offers considerably more than the 3/4 hours it took most people to complete that one ...

Woah that looks intense -but a a side scroller?!? Like a verydark and melancholy Mario

:(

I looked at this and thought, yep that is certainly a different angle for this genre. But this crafting type thing is not really my thing. :(

Instead I picked up a light and frothy 'Frozen Synapse Prime', to be fair it isn't a bad little tactical game, not great but worth a few hours here and there. First put onto a hand held I think, now for the pc too.. ;)

This War of Mine (Steam)

I thought that this sounded interesting and thought that some of you might like it. Additionally, I was wondering if any of you guys have played it, heard anything about it, or were planning on getting it?

Yep, I played it. It's a really good game, where the whole purpose is to survive. The actual gameplay is mostly about gathering supplied and crafting, but the actual best part of the game is how you go about and do it...it will leave you feeling like a piece of shit, for sure. For example, I sent one of my people scavenging for supplies at this old couple's house. They were there, though, and caught me. I had to kill them, and I didn't feel good doing it at all.

I recommend you pick it up.

Abs

...it will leave you feeling like a piece of shit, for sure. For example, I sent one of my people scavenging for supplies at this old couple's house. They were there, though, and caught me. I had to kill them, and I didn't feel good doing it at all.

I recommend you pick it up.

Man, just goes to show that PC gaming has a VERY big tent.