Sign in to follow this  
paramedic

YO!NK Better Opfor FIA

YO!NK Better OPFOR FIA

I made this mod mostly for myself and thought sharing it with the community couldn't hurt. You can use and change this mod as you like, just give me credit for my work. I didn't texture or model anything I just remixed units and gear from BIS.

No other addons needed.

It isn't really much, but I just felt the FIA in ArmA 3 Vanilla...

...is on the wrong side.

...feels to much like a regular army.

...needed something like a helicopter to use here and there.

I tried to make the OPFOR FIA in this mod a bit more mixed in terms of weapon use, gave them a bit less power in some areas and a bit more possibilities in other areas.

Onto that I made some CSAT Special Forces (Takavar) to fight with the FIA, so I don't have to change Faction side in MCC and Zeus.

Features:

-OPFOR FIA with weaker, more diverse weapons (found under OPFOR - OPFOR FIA in the Editor)

-added the civilian MH-9 and the AW-159 Wildcat to the FIA

-added civilian vehicles to the FIA

-CSAT Takavar fighting along FIA troops black ops style (found under OPFOR - OPFOR FIA in the Editor)

-should be with key, if I didn't mess it up

-Works well with Zeus (Just do it as it is described in the HowToGetItInZeus.txt file in the mod directory)

Pictures:

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/3408/5IApY6.jpg (195 kB)

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/6730/PKgp6X.jpg (252 kB)

http://imageshack.com/a/img911/5680/mcphIP.jpg (304 kB)

Download:

-yoink_opfor_insurgents.zip

banner-420x120.png

news_download_a3_3.png

WIP Features (not included in this Version):

-Civilians filtered, only one of every kind that is a believable Altian (I hate that almost every Altian seems to wear a striped poloshirt and shorts)

-AAF and NATO civilian hostages/prisoners

-FIA has to look more like an insurgent Faction, giving some of the fighters civilian clothing will make it harder to make them out amongst civilians

Thanks to:

Axek/Axyl for his Guerilla Units and Groups in Editor for East and Independents Mod

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169206-Guerilla-Units-and-Groups-in-Editor-for-East-and-Independents

Delta 1 Actual from ArmaHolic for guiding my first steps with his post

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=160999

BIS for their great game, the slightly hard to maneuver BIS Wiki and stuff... like all the little strange errors you get. I kind of love my old friend: "Config : some input after EndofFile"

The great community, making ArmA right and fixing things.

withSIX and Armaholic for their good work.

Oh and a little sidenote: In the process of making this mod I learned to hate this engines scripting and its little flaws from the depths of my heart.

Changelog:

1.1.1 - Underwear on Dedicated Servers

Took out some uniforms that couldn't be correctly displayed on ded servers, diversity will have to

wait till I get it right otherwise.

1.1 - KEY

Problems with the .bikey hopefully solved...

1.0 - Zeus Bug

Smashed a bug that prevented some of the infrantry to be placed with Zeus.

Changed some of the uniforms for more diversity.

still working on civ clothing for insurgents

0.9 - Zeus

Made the mod compatible with Zeus, now you should see the units in Zeus when you follow the instructions in the mod folder.

0.8 - beta release

released the mod into public...

Have fun!

Kommandokaethe/ParaMedicGer from the YO!NK Community

Edited by ParaMedic
Update 1.1.1

New mod 0.8-beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@ParaMedic ParaMedic is offline;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

sorry asked if they were zeus compatible, when you said it in the description :P

How is FIA originally on the wrong side? :confused:

Without a mod it is not really possible to create a Opfor FIA in the editor or Zeus. And I just like to play NATO troops versus CSAT with irregular insurgent units like the FIA as backup or with the FIA as insurgent faction with black ops CSAT support. But as it says in the description, it's just my personal opinion. So I felt like FIA was on the wrong side...

And my next plan is to create more diversity in the FIAs uniforms, make some of them more civilian looking, to make it harder when proper ROE are set for the mission.

The FIA here is mostly made as poorly equipped enemy, there are fighters only using pistols/SMGs, and the LAT/Medic for example don't even have pistols or rifles at all. Some of the units have very limited ammo. So the players can take prisoners for roleplay purposes, like getting new information.

Strangely it is listed as 0.0.9 instead of 0.9 in withSIX, hope they will read my request to fix it soon.

Edited by ParaMedic
added issue withSIX

How is FIA originally on the wrong side? :confused:

We can see from the prequel campaign that before Kerry's involvement, the FIA was opposed to the NATO presence on the island.

1.0 - Zeus Bug

Smashed a bug that prevented some of the infrantry to be placed with Zeus.

Changed some of the uniforms for more diversity.

still working on civ clothing for insurgents

I love this as it is exactly what I've been wishing for and you just saved me oodles of work on every mission customizing the FIA loadouts. Thanks mucho!

There is only one hitch, the signature on the pbo may not match. I put the key into my dedicated server (after loading the files onto the dedicated box from my own client) and was kicked for the wrong sig. I grabbed this from PlayWithSix. Any chance there was a revision to the .pbo without resigning?

@Sunkl

Did you try it with the armaholic version , too? At the moment I have no dedicated server, to run the mod on, so it's hard to test for me, add me on Steam: ParaMedicGer. I'm sure with your help I can sort out this issue pretty quickly. But I will look into it anyway, maybe I'll find something.

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

DSCheckSignatures says everything is fine with the .bikey and the .bisign. Checked it on Armaholic and playwithSIX version.

Did you maybe forget to update you server version? Maybe try to redownload it from SIX and reupload it on the server.

And thank you, if you like any additions I'm always open for suggestions.

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

@Sunkl

try this one out, if nothing above fixes your problem.

@yoink_opfor_insurgents.zip - 13 KB

If that does the trick I'll get this new version online.

I just got it again from PWS for both my client and uploaded it to the server as well with the same issue. I got kicked for having the wrong signature for the file. Very odd I know but I did delete all old versions including the bikey in the keys folder.

Your download link doesn't like me either...not getting it. I appreciate you looking into this. I'll get you on Steam later.

Okay, I got it working, at least I think I got it working with my server. Want to try it out for me?

-yoink_opfor_insurgents.zip

Please try this one out and tell me if it works for you too.

Edited by ParaMedic

Thank you for that update. As you know, test was successful.

Hello,

I am getting rid of our CAF aggressors mod on our dedicated server today, and I saw your work just in time. My group and I enjoy fighting Insurgent style enemies more often than CSAT, and have been using the AAF independents for certain missions.. They work, but I was still looking for more of THIS style enemy.

I just wanted to make sure, in theory I could put this on our server and when I set down FIA units or groups your addon will automatically reconfigure their gear? and they will automatically be converted to OPFOR? I am just asking this because I make sector control maps in the editor, and when I set the spawn point or HQ for each side, I need to define one of the 4 following options-

* NATO (BLUEFOR)

* CSAT (OPFOR)

* AAF (Guer)

* FIA (BLUEFOR)

Also, will we need to download this clientside since it technically doesn't add any new items?

Thanks for your time,

Cpt. Beal

52nd Expeditionary Task Force

EDIT: formatting

Edited by Bealsky

It'd be cool if you retextured the KAMAZ and other hexcam vics to look more "guerrilla" with spraypaint/uneven camo. :cool:

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

Also, will we need to download this clientside since it technically doesn't add any new items?

Thanks for your time,

Cpt. Beal

52nd Expeditionary Task Force

EDIT: formatting

Second this question.