Chairborne

Arma 2 Mil Mi-24 Hind Port

Funny, because it did not happen to me until the last round of patches. I was able to run AiA and MEC together no Problem (MEC requires _Mi24). Without my Takistan map, I don't know what to do!!

Thanks for the help, anyway.

With just AiA TP instead of full AiA you should not have this problem.

I used to run both with my community and never had any error report.

Hi I am getting an error too. It causes a Crash to Desktop.

config.bin/CfgWeapons/Cha_Mi24_S8_Rocket/burst/: Cannot find base class 'burst'

The mods I am using are All In Arma (@AllInArma) and Middle East Conflict (@mec)

I am having this issue aswell-i get the same thing using the harrier jets?

Hi I am getting an error too. It causes a Crash to Desktop.

config.bin/CfgWeapons/Cha_Mi24_S8_Rocket/burst/: Cannot find base class 'burst'

The mods I am using are All In Arma (@AllInArma) and Middle East Conflict (@mec)

I am having this issue aswell-i get the same thing using the harrier jets?

problem was already answerd only a few (5 or 6) post back :P

it has something to do with AIA / full / Standalone, as soon as you use the AIA terrain pack all is well

a real shame though that somehow it wont work with AIA full / SA :(

Edited by supergruntsb78

Yep, exactly.

Funny thing is people keep chasing me around here, in the harrier and the Mi8 threads for the same problem everytime, and everytime i tell the exact same thing lol.

There's nothing i can do and i honestly don't intend to waste my time making sure my mods are compatible with every other mod available.

In other news, Russian Chairbornyy Armamentskyy just came out with this "new" gunpod for the Hind:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozi08q3p4ugdxyw/arma3%202015-01-31%2011-32-39-80.png?dl=0

One per side, 3000 rounds per minute of destructive power. :cool:

just tested out something and i discovered it has defintly to do with AIA as i removed your addon i get it with the next addon (can't tell wich one yet as i have to figure it out) its a problem with the class burst in AIA perhaps change your first post to inform its not compatible with AIA in CAPITAL letters :P

(already posted in AIA SA hoping for somebody to fix it :P )

Edited by supergruntsb78

AiA is no longer maintained and Kju has left, in case you didn't know.

Also, as far as i know, the vehicles in AIA should still use the old buggy as hell simulation from A2, unfortunately.

AiA is no longer maintained and Kju has left, in case you didn't know.

Also, as far as i know, the vehicles in AIA should still use the old buggy as hell simulation from A2, unfortunately.

i know he has left i am just hoping somebody will pick up where he left :P

Hey guys wondering if anyone has come across the base class burst error message

bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Cha_mi24_s8_Rocket/burst/: Cannont find base class burst

When I load this plus MEC middle east pack for variety, it crashes. Won't load the game. I tried unloading the Hind Port but now VArsennal won't work and my Zues editor missions won't load.

Help,

PinBurst

Edited by PinBurst

Look at the previous page to find the answer. :D

I get this report at least once every week.

V0.3 - 19/02/2015

This update brings a decent amount of new content.

The factions have been reworked, i decided to split most of the Hinds into separate factions to make them easier to find and to integrate with my other mods already out.

Second thing, there is a new configuration for the Mi24V available, named Mi24W, featuring two UPK-23 gunpods instead of two rocket pods.

These bring in some different kind of firepower compared to the usual loadouts.

Moving on, there are 8 new textures, 4 of which were made by me featuring two from DDR/East Germany, a Cuban and a Sahrani Liberation Army one, and another 4 kindly donated by Alduric (Polish Mi24W) and Victim9l3 (AAF and CSAT x2).

On top of that the passenger doors work a bit differently now, they can be operated by the pilot only but they can be opened or closed whenever you want, in case you want to do some sightseeing. :)

Finally the usual bug fixing and tweaking here and there.

Hope you like it.

Have a nice day!

http://i.imgur.com/5JUosA3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xG3ptq2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rgSaPIO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xSR7Uul.jpg

Changelog:

V0.3 - 19/02/2015

- Faction overhaul

- New Mi24W variant with different configuration

- 8 new textures (DDR x2, Cuba, SLA, Poland, AAF, CSAT x2)

- Navigation ball in cockpit seems to be finally working correctly

- Yak-b tracers live longer

- Glasses don't look weird when damaged anymore

- Passenger Doors interaction modified

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h04aq8jwqpxxcte/%40cha_mi24.rar?dl=0

Edited by Chairborne

Thanks for informing us of the updated version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey Chairborne!I know you are going to tell me about the AiA bug-but I have the same issue when I am not using the AiA SA -I switched to Terrain pack and it didnt help.Any ideas ?Thanks again :)

Are you sure you switched to AIATP?

I've been playing with AIATP and my hinds all day and never had any issues.

What other mods are you using?

It does not.

You can find an upgrade version of this with AFM in the Community Upgrade Project vehicles pack though.

Hello! Currently I do not have a time for download and test the mods, so I'll just pop the questions / suggestion I have... it this a Hind for CUP? If it is so, I have one request - I fly with TrackIR and 6DOF, so there is a thing which seriously bothers me. Take a look of this:

This is a picture of real Mi-24, from inside pilot's cockpit:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ukn5xlp38l06iwa/1328314.jpg?dl=0

And now an example from my video, where I fly RHS Mi-24 (which is same as hind from ArmA 2, just upgraded HUD):

You do not need to watch whole video, just the beginning. You notice anything? What bothers me is that you don't see the gunners bubble from the pilot's seat while you are looking from side, under window there is even the opening and you can see practically anything in the front of helicopter. This wasn't annoying in A2 because there was no 6DOF, but in A3 now there is one ... and I think that should be fixed, it shouldn't be a lot work to do. The same was in the Take on Helicopters, too.

Thanks in forward.

EDIT: Just tried it. Oh well, it's hard to aim with TrackIR and static HUD, then pilot doesn't have a control over unguided rockets and 30mm gun on P version of hind and etc. Will it be upgraded any more or that's it for CUP?

EDIT2: Anyway, good job on converting, so I won't be just bashing the addon, it's good, but it needs a little more effort into it. :)

Parts of the 3d model are hidden automatically depending on your seat, the holes you see there were made to save on performance.

Since you couldn't see them anyway in A2, there was no need for them to be rendered so they were deleted.

I guess that could be addressed, though.

Chairborne got any plans for the Super Hind?

Yes.

Now i'm excited