Sign in to follow this  
havatan19

Legal Violations by CL3 - Citylife 3 Mod

it all started when i posted my videos on the theard "legal violations by A3:Life" http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184772-Legal-violations-by-A3L-Arma-3-life

i am talking about the videos on my youtube channel i made to show everyone the copyright violations made by arma 3:life (they stole bus model from crysis 2, models from shift 2 etc) http://www.youtube.com/user/nocommentaryvideos1/videos

now after i posted the videos, some members quoted me and wrote that the cars which Arma 3:life stole from citylife 3, aren´t made by the devs of citylife 3.

@havatan19 - the Vehicles you are placing under the creational right of City Life are not made by the City Life dev team either. The might have "borrowed" them before A3L did but they are surely not there creation.

first, i thought this:

ok didnt know that but Citylife is not profiting with these models

i mean citylife 3 does not want you to pay $30 to play on theyr server, but then someone posted this link: https://donation.cityliferpg.com/

okay, you maybe think now "its no problem when the models are made by citylife devs themselves" which i maybe agree.

but then one guy posted this:

https://donation.cityliferpg.com/vehicles/land/police/lamborghini-reventon-clpd-en.html

THIS is the same police car from arma 3:life and shift 2!

here is a screenshot of shift 2 police car:

lamborghini%25252520reventon%25252520need%25252520  for%25252520speed%25252520shift%252525202%25252520  1920x1080%25252520wallpaper_www.wallfox_net_50.jpg

arma 3 Life devs also stole the police car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG1gMZR7TOc&list=UU2KCV18drTzPEsxFiV8snag

and now we see citylife 3 is making profit with models from other games too ?

i dont know if citylife 3 devs and arma 3 life devs both directly stole the model from shift 2 file and ported it themself, or if citylife 3 started first the porting, then arma 3 life devs started stealing content from citylife 3 including this police car. but no matter how they stole it: the authors are the devs from shift 2.

a former member of CL3:

I am a former member of CL3 and after 2 years I was banned for going to different community.

Now I have been in the channel while one of the devs were saying time to unpack these Forza files. They have made some of their cars but quite a few of them are ported form different games. I think I still have their files, so i can go in to editor to take some detailed pictures of all the vehicles.

what is going on ? everyone steal models from other games and make profit with them now or one steal models from a game, put it into his mod and other modders start to steal from this mod with or without knowing that the origin of the models are from companies and not simple modders.

soon arma 3 will be filled with pay-to-play mods or "buy from our ingame store any stolen carmodel" or "here pay $10 to use this weapon or this car which we have stolen from crysis 2, shift 2 and many other games"

some modders already does not want to release theyr mod to the public because of this problem !

for real, something must be done against this.

Edited by havatan19

Maybe edit the ending to that, theres no point in you getting unwanted attention from the unspoken ones *wink *wink :wink_o:

ok sorry for that, removed the ending. but it makes me angry what they are doing, they damage the whole community, modders already announced that they wont make some of theyr mods public anymore because of this.

what the f*** is going on with this community ? everyone steal models from other games and make profit with them now or one steal models from a game, put it into his mod and other modders start to steal from this mod with or without knowing that the origin of the models are from companies and not simple modders.

I'd like to think the people that are doing this have nothing to do with the ArmA community. I believe everyone that is apart of the ArmA Community are more sensible than that. The people that are doing it are clearly new to the franchise.

Edited by deltagamer

City life and Asylum seem a bit less grey area than A3life...while their issue is more of a community to community headbutt, these two are veeery clearly commercializing their mod.

You could say "But donations" yet clearly they call it a "Store" there is no such thing as a donation store, you donate as a form of charity, maybe you get something small out of it but not much usually. This on the other hand is bluntly set up as an ingame store like..thing.

Question is wether or not that model actually is from Shift. The few blurry screenshots don't allow a good comparison, to be honest, so this is not a solid case. In any case, if this is content sold by EA as part of their games, EA would be the entity to be addressed over this.

As far as making profits, though, selling game content is not about donations any more. Any donation reward scheme really goes into grey territory, and that one there looks to be on the dark side of it.

It's a bit frustrating to see this, especially when recalling that when the community was hatched during the early OFP days, everybody was making their own content with their own hands so to speak, instead of ripping from other games and then just retexturing everything. And even the mods that used the content that others provided only did so when they were allowed to, ie, the WH40K mod for Resistance (they used the Dawn of War models when they became freely available) and a handful of stalker style mods that used Stalker assets that were made freely available from the devs of that game.

Nothing like this bollocks that seems to be going on with these, surprisingly huge, "mods".

How many similarities can you guys spot. (2nd down)

http://nfsudesign.weebly.com/lamborghini.html

Now I'm not going to just assume blame, I prefer to compare and contrast but rarely do two people make the same vehicle that wind up with a near spitting image of each other...

Anywho, we shouldn't go making videos and accusing people until we've verified that they are in fact the same model...otherwise you're going to make us look like drama queens just going after people asking for donations even if they are "donations" in this case.

Edited by NodUnit

Question is wether or not that model actually is from Shift. The few blurry screenshots don't allow a good comparison

yea. the shape of the white part on the door doesn't match neither does the font size of "police". which doesn't mean their model is not port from somewhere. but if you claim stuff you should back it up. otherwise you only cause confusion.

Edited by Bad Benson

yea. the shape of the white part on the door doesn't match neither does the font size of "police". which doesn't mean their model is not port from somewhere. but if you claim stuff you should back it up. otherwise you only cause confusion.

In this case there are two Lamborghini's in question, the Reventon which would be the police one and the 2010 Lamborghini Murcielago R-SV GT1 in my post. They are two very different cars.

Oh and there is another one...*Grumble grumble* damnit I don't have time to play addon police, I'm never gonna make an A3 release doing this.

Edited by NodUnit

In this case there are two Lamborghini's in question, the Reventon which would be the police one and the GT3 in my post. They are two very different cars.

Oh and there is another one...*Grumble grumble* damnit I don't have time to play addon police, I'm never gonna make an A3 release doing this.

oh i was actually talking to the OP when i said "you". and it seems i quoted the wrong post lol. fixed now.

either way. be off to your basement and finish what you have in store for us! *whipping sound* :couch:

I am a former member of CL3 and after 2 years I was banned for going to different community.

Now I have been in the channel while one of the devs were saying time to unpack these Forza files. They have made some of their cars but quite a few of them are ported form different games. I think I still have their files, so i can go in to editor to take some detailed pictures of all the vehicles.

ok thank you.

i am not against porting models from other games, as long as:

1. they have permission to do

2. they do not make profit with it

Hi all,

thanks for bringing this to my attention

I would like to add that there is no fee to play and join City Life all we have is a strict set of rules. Joe bloggs can register, validate, interview and have boots on the ground for $0 and they can continue to play forever for $0 as long as they do not break the server rules.

We do not encourage our members to donate, even if they dont all content is available in game as Easter eggs where you would have to build it in the factory. All donations are completely voluntary and I will say 90% of those that do donate are long term members.

All of last years P&L from our donations from City Life 2 where we had a BIS agreement was sent to them as far as I am aware and with the release of ARMA 3 the T&C changed and they asked us to change our donation store accordingly to which I am aware what we have done is approved.

We rely on our donations and money from all of our own pockets to provide a server with anti DDOS due to the levels of attack we get which is not cheap.

If a BIS member reading this disagrees with what I am saying please let me know so we can correct this to remain compliant.

GySgt_Mel, please tell me who you are referring to about the forza files as I would be interested to know.

Please enjoy this video of our head of animations hard at work dancing in his living room

Regards

funny that "GySgt_Mel" when im taking it DEV channels are for DEV members only and by the sounds of it you wasnt a DEV member so please dont chat out of your arse

Edited by Jeffwinters

Hi all,

thanks for bringing this to my attention

I would like to add that there is no fee to play and join City Life all we have is a strict set of rules. Joe bloggs can register, validate, interview and have boots on the ground for $0 and they can continue to play forever for $0 as long as they do not break the server rules.

We do not encourage our members to donate, even if they dont all content is available in game as Easter eggs where you would have to build it in the factory. All donations are completely voluntary and I will say 90% of those that do donate are long term members.

All of last years P&L from our donations from City Life 2 where we had a BIS agreement was sent to them as far as I am aware and with the release of ARMA 3 the T&C changed and they asked us to change our donation store accordingly to which I am aware what we have done is approved.

We rely on our donations and money from all of our own pockets to provide a server with anti DDOS due to the levels of attack we get which is not cheap.

If a BIS member reading this disagrees with what I am saying please let me know so we can correct this to remain compliant.

GySgt_Mel, please tell me who you are referring to about the forza files as I would be interested to know.

Please enjoy this video of our head of animations hard at work dancing in his living room

Regards

Might wanna check with Apache on that. He was in the process of grabbing cars from Forza Horizon back when it was released and he even said that he is unpacking files to find some new cars for us.

---------- Post added at 00:08 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

funny that "GySgt_Mel" when im taking it DEV channels are for DEV members only and by the sounds of it you wasnt a DEV member so please dont chat out of your arse

Funny you say that. How do you know, I wasn't a dev over at CL?

---------- Post added at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:08 ----------

http://imgur.com/0PkiDMe

Also selling in-game money for real money. How is this in complying with BIS ToS?

Hi - thanks for the information however Apache's lead role is to make animations & RTM files for us.

He has recently assisted me in light bars and making it animate better as he is far superior than I am in this field.

I will however ask him about this but as far as I can see from a quick Google search Forza Horizon's cars are way out of the ARMA 3 game engine league and the time one would spend reducing it you may of well make it from blue prints

http://cdn4.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Photo_3026.jpg?eaa32f

http://imgur.com/0PkiDMe

Also selling in-game money for real money. How is this in complying with BIS ToS?

If you know our T&C with BIS please state them.

No one is forced to donate and is completely voluntary. Nothing is pay to win it is all in game

Regards

Edited by i3luevein

http://i.snag.gy/4FFJW.jpg

https://donation.cityliferpg.com/vehicles/land/sport/the-audi-r8-spyder-lime-clone.html

Hmm.. This is from SHIFT.

Jeffwinters, don't talk something about you don't know. I will eventually tell who I am but for now, let's keep it a secret mmkay.

---------- Post added at 00:35 ---------- Previous post was at 00:32 ----------

-- link removed you can get it from here btw

---------- Post added at 00:39 ---------- Previous post was at 00:35 ----------

Looking at that website, 3 lambos are in-game, also the porsche carrera gt and both volkswagens but those cars can be bought from the shop in-game and that Golf Mk1 is used as the drivers license vehicle. Unfortunetly I don't have CL3 files anymore but my friend is in process taking some photos for me in the editor of all the vehicles in CL3 and then we will start unpacking and taking some photos

Edited by MadDogX

can someone please silence this joker

Oh which of the admins of CL3 are you, seeing your name is the one of the car shops in CL3 :D Is it wannabe S7 Swithblade?

Oh which of the admins of CL3 are you, seeing your name is the one of the car shops in CL3 :D Is it wannabe S7 Swithblade?

Dont include me in this petty forum topic, I don't get involved in your business and start knocking all those sailors cocks from your mouth ekloef..

Hi,

on looking at your image. The folder structure you have "renamed" to forza with a team named slightly mad studios. However on researching that team they had nothing to do with forza?? So why are you re naming folders and linking pirate websites?

Regards