Sign in to follow this  
RazorMc

"homemade" life for Arma 3

hi guys, my idea was to create a new altis life, with a different map ... for example I want to create a new homemade life but using a map as Namalsk, but being my first tim...

How do I proceed? where do I start? ... could you tell me the steps to follow?

go to gta or similar game where these life mods better fit but please @all life modders: leave arma 3 alone. your life mods with its stolen content and pay-to-play did enough damage to the arma community. we dont want 14 year old kids in arma 3 who drive a police car and they think they are mr. law and order.

please, if u don't want to help don't reply the topic and u should go to flame in another place...so if u want to help me fine, if not go away please!

go to gta or similar game where these life mods better fit but please @all life modders: leave arma 3 alone. your life mods with its stolen content and pay-to-play did enough damage to the arma community. we dont want 14 year old kids in arma 3 who drive a police car and they think they are mr. law and order.

Who's we :) ? I get what you are trying to say, but don't make assumptions on other peoples behalf, especilay when it comes to game-mode preferences.

Honestly if you don't know much about configging or modeling, I'd experiment with the basics before attempting to make a mod, even for me, having read many tutorials and stuff, it's still very hard, trying to make a full "Original" life mod will require allot of effort and definitely more than one person.

Honestly if you don't know much about configging or modeling, I'd experiment with the basics before attempting to make a mod, even for me, having read many tutorials and stuff, it's still very hard, trying to make a full "Original" life mod will require allot of effort and definitely more than one person.

for example if i have a map pack, how can run altis life with the selected map...can u give me a tutorial?

You have re configure it, if you plan to release anything, you can't just take Altis Life and redistribute it on a different map, you must get permission or write your own code. There is no real tutorial, you gotta learn the concepts and move from there.

I've played a Role Play mission in Arma, dev'd in 2 and now in 3. We've never stolen a single asset and had very good players who didn't act like tools.

Don't assume we're all sleeven pricks.

You have re configure it, if you plan to release anything, you can't just take Altis Life and redistribute it on a different map, you must get permission or write your own code. There is no real tutorial, you gotta learn the concepts and move from there.

i had already bought a nitrado server and i installed altis life rpg...now i want use for example the map pack of namalsk...which are the steps?

i had already bought a nitrado server and i installed altis life rpg...now i want use for example the map pack of namalsk...which are the steps?

You would have to move all the components of the Altis Life mission to Namalsk in the ArmA 3 editor. Unless theres a mission out there that has done that already that you could just download and put on your server.

how i can do this?

Well... You would have to learn the ArmA 3 editor, after that it would make more sense.

yes i would...can u give me i link to learn to use arma 2 editor?

yes i would...can u give me i link to learn to use arma 2 editor?

Are you making a ArmA 2 server or a ArmA 3 server?

Tutorial for A3 editor:

arma 3 sorry i wrong to write!

thank u for the link

Well first of all this is the wrong section to be posting this. If you want to create a whole new life mission then here the place you want (http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?162-ARMA-3-MISSION-EDITING-amp-SCRIPTING)

Though if you wanted to transfer tonics altis life to some other map then that goes against his(tonics) release clause copyright thing and you get in deep doo-doo I guess, well not really you just get a lot of hate on here.

Regardless, you're better off spending the time working on a military mission, there's more of a payoff with this community then life missions are... though that's my opinion.

Razor let me give you the advice that you should learn all of this before you start trying to make your "idea" for a mission/mod here:

1) How to use the ArmA 3 Mission Editor (You will find many tutorials on these forums, and youtube alike.)

2) How to script for ArmA 3 (You will find many tutorials on these forums, and youtube, as well.)

3) The role of intellectual property and respecting others work and liscences, which is very important if you are creating content for arma

4) How to then combine these into what you would like to create

You are welcome.

ArmA is a sandbox game, and users are free to do with it what they want. Life missions/mods do very well on ArmA, hence their success. We aren't all "14 year old kids" and not all communities are exercising such policies; I too am extremely frustrated by the situation with a certain ArmA 3 mod, but that is not an accurate depiction of the rest of the 'Life Community'.

With regard to OP wanting to start his own server, I'd suggest learning more about the engine and .sqf before proceeding; it's a massive project and you will need technical knowledge to deal with the many issues that you will inevitably come across.