Sign in to follow this  
Kristian

Not so simple waypoint extraction

Ey fellas. Um... a simple question for everyone who does little bit more editing than me.. or at least more advanced editing.

I'd need a helicopter to come pick up a squad ater a certain condition is filled. lets call the condition shits_done for the purpose of this example.

After that condition is done, a helicopter will come in to a position and land, and wait for the squad (or whats left of it) to board it, and then

transport it to another location. Helicopter is obviously an AI piloted one.

The infantry squad will be led by a human player, so I'd prefer NOT to use any waypoints in this, since the mission follows certain kind of "free movement", where player is simply given an objective,

and player must decide how to complete it.

I remember doing such thing once in A2 with switch triggers and

"{_x in evachelo} count units squad_1 == count units squad_1";

but the code above was writteb by a friend, so I had no idea how it actually works.. my guess is that it counts the units left in squad, so the heli takes off when the leftovers are inside. Hehe... leftovers.. anyways,

halp? :(

As for the chopper waiting off somewhere until triggered, put down a "hold" waypoint for the chopper, and keep it as close and near the center of the chopper, then have the trigger that is checking for your "shits_done" variable to be set to true synced to the "hold" waypoint. The chopper will hold there until the trigger is fired.

I remember doing such thing once in A2 with switch triggers and

"{_x in evachelo} count units squad_1 == count units squad_1";

but the code above was writteb by a friend, so I had no idea how it actually works.. my guess is that it counts the units left in squad, so the heli takes off when the leftovers are inside. Hehe... leftovers.. anyways,

halp? :(

what this basically does is count the number of units from squad_1 that are inside the helicopter, then if the number of units inside the helicopter is equal to the number of units in the squad, this condition will return true