RB19

75th Ranger Regiment [WIP]

How many variants of the same helmet do you want?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. How many variants of the same helmet do you want?

• Less than 3.
    • More than 3.
    • More than 5.
    • 1's good.

Hi guys, i've started working on my 75th Ranger Regiment pack. I have admired the rangers for a very long time now, and I want to replicate them in A3 to the best of my abilities. I have been modding for A3 since it came out.

I'll be doing them from the pre multicam era (2009) all the way to the current modern ranger (2014). I'll be handling weapons, gear, and units. I am able to config as well. I do need help in weighting vests and uniform modelling however.

Here's the anvis and mich 2k that i've modelled awhile back. I also do have an mbav but I need help with weighting it.

UxoUyI9.jpg

Op6gcZx.jpg

Planned Weapons (Will use my own rail config but will be compatible with some other mods):

- M4A1 Sopmod Block 2

- Mk18 Mod 1

- M110 SASS

- MK46

- M240 L

- MK16

- MK17

- Carl Gustav

Planned Accessories:

- Peq 15

- M3X

- WMX 200

Planned Gear:

- Opscore Maritime with and without helmet cover

- Mich 2000 with and without helmet cover

- PVS 15 with l4g24 NVG mount

- Anvis 9 with Anvis 6/9 mount and LPBP

- RLCS and SFLCS MBAV

- Crye Precision AVS

- SOFLCS and RLCS pouches

- Crye precision Gen 2 and Gen 3 combat sets

- Oakley M Frames

Right now i'm in the process of texturing the anvis. Also i'll be updating this thread every Tuesday and Saturday regardless of progess so keep up with me :) Estimated release date will be dependent on my schedule and progress, but i'm giving myself at least 2 months to cook up content before a pre alpha release! Polls will be posted on and off for the community to decide where they want this whole mod going. And yes, it'll be zeus compatible.

---------- Post added at 06:19 ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 ----------

Update 16/11/14

- Anvis completed.

- Basic Mich 2000 completed.

- Basic MBAV completed.

QJGjBvnl.jpg

Edited by RB19
  • Like 2

Looks like a nice start mate, best of luck with the project :)

Great innitiative RB19, but are you sure:

Planned Weapons (Will use my own rail config but will be compatible with some other mods):

..that this won´t conflict with ASDG JR and worst - cause vanilla weapons to lose optics etc... we´ve seen all this, and sometimes it´s better not to reinvent the wheel... ASDG JR works great and it´s not so complicated to use! Ask Robalo for guidance, he´s very keen to help out!

nonetheless, anxious to see more progress pics of this project! good luck!

cheers!

;2818346']Great innitiative RB19' date=' but are you sure:

..that this won´t conflict with ASDG JR and worst - cause vanilla weapons to lose optics etc... we´ve seen all this, and sometimes it´s better not to reinvent the wheel... ASDG JR works great and it´s not so complicated to use! Ask Robalo for guidance, he´s very keen to help out!

nonetheless, anxious to see more progress pics of this project! good luck!

cheers![/quote'] Hmm, thats a good point. I'll probably do a simple test with ASDG and if there are conflicts, adopt ASDG rails instead ;)

Out of curiosity, For your own rail config, were you planning on figuring out how to have more than one rail attachment? I saw you have the m3x light planned (finally someone's making it lol)

Out of curiosity, For your own rail config, were you planning on figuring out how to have more than one rail attachment? I saw you have the m3x light planned (finally someone's making it lol)
Well, game engine wise, it's not possible. However I could probably put the m3x and peq15 together. Iirc I saw that there was a mod somewhere which allowed switching between laser and flashlight for the llm from fhq accessories. I'll look into it :) However it'll probably just be for the m4 platform. Otherwise i'll have to add another additional model for the scars, mgs, etc. Not good for file size.

Ya the engine limitation is a bummer. The combined peq15 and m3x would be ideal. Track down Warlord, he's got similar plans for a light/laser combo and had figured it out last I heard as well

If ACE could let you switch between Flashlight and Laser in A2 then its possible in A3 :D

You could do the AN/PEQ16B http://www.eotechinc.com/tactical-lights-lasers/mipim-anpeq-18-restricted-mini-integrated-pointing-illumination-module-led just add a action key to switch between the light and laser.

Edited by Soldat20

I could do that for the PEQ 15 :)

Anyways, just finished texturing the anvis 9. It'll look nice and shiny when the rvmats are applied! Now, for the anvis 6/9....

cOfvOtRl.jpg

Edited by RB19

Good looking stuff, you seem to have neat skills.

But i thought that Rangers used the mk46 instead of the m249 (at least since a few years) and that they also used the mk48?

Good looking stuff, you seem to have neat skills.

But i thought that Rangers used the mk46 instead of the m249 (at least since a few years) and that they also used the mk48?

Thanks! I seldom see the mk48 in use, and the mk46 will be included in the pack :)

Update:

LLoaHIxl.jpg

l0xErkh.jpg

Edited by RB19

Currently doing the textures for the vanilla BI combat set to replicate the Crye Gen 2 Combat Set. Pics will be up soon!

This is looking great RB19, especially digging the ANVIS-9.

I have a question relating to the more recent (2014+) Rangers, will you be adding the newer PVS-31 BNVD and its accessories anytime in the future?

Yes, the PVS-31 will be included in the future :)

Sorry for the inactivity, i've been trying to get the shade of multicam right. Here's what i've got so far!

NKrsNtVl.jpg

x4bjVJil.jpg

Edited by RB19

Very nice, I have one question though.

Are you going to make your own uniform or you will only reskin the one made by Bis?

Very nice, I have one question though.

Are you going to make your own uniform or you will only reskin the one made by Bis?

I'll most likely be reskinning the ones made by BI :D

The pattern (the colouration is on point) looks close, but from the pictures the green always seems a bit sharper (along with some of the camel brown) than the rest of the pattern.

http://i.imgur.com/PmxmJ3m.jpg (342 kB)

Noted, i'll do more adjustments to it. Thanks for your feedback!