mistyronin

Russia General

(The Atlantic) How Vladimir Putin Weaponized Russia’s Media

After decades of wielding Soviet-style hard power, Moscow is developing a subtler form of influence.
“There should be patriotically minded people at the head of state information resources,†Putin told reporters at his 2013 annual news conference, “people who uphold the interests of the Russian Federation. These are state resources. That is the way it is going to be.â€
From his first days as president, Putin moved quickly to dominate the media landscape in Russia, putting not only state media but privately owned broadcast media under the Kremlin’s influence.

“The limitations on the media have existed for the 15 years that Vladimir Vladimirovich has been in power,†Alexey Venediktov, editor in chief of Echo of Moscow, Russia’s only remaining independent radio station, told me during a December visit to the Russian capital. The war in Ukraine, he added, has solidified Putin’s view of the media: “It’s not an institution of civil society, it’s propaganda. [The Russian broadcasters] First Channel, Second Channel, NTV, Russia Today internationally—these are all instruments for reaching a goal inside the country, and abroad.â€

“What’s happened in Russia would be like Fox News taking over the airwaves in the U.S., booting MSNBC from cable TV, and reducing liberals to broadcasting online from a small private apartment in Brooklyn,†Klishin said.
Edited by MistyRonin

maybe Putin wants to avoid crisis that will come to Europe in 2030 when we really have big chance for civil war because of religious extremism inside , because we are more and more weaker,

if in 2030 we gonna have civil war in EU due to "sharia" lovers, maybe we will say that Putin was right :/ i am afraid that in 20 years because of his politics Russia will be only superpower and will "take care" about us here

maybe it is "NWO" plan, to make here mess in EU and convince people to beg for dictatorship in sake of safety

Edited by vilas

maybe Putin wants to avoid crisis that will come to Europe in 2030 when we really have big chance for civil war because of religious extremism inside , because we are more and more weaker,

if in 2030 we gonna have civil war in EU due to "sharia" lovers, maybe we will say that Putin was right

Russia has the highest Muslim population (%) than almost every European country... If there is a 'civil war' based on religious extremism, Putin will be the first to go.

ye but contrary to the USSR, those states are joining by own will not by force ...

in short name all states which joined USSR and Warsaw Pact on free will w/o threat :)

btw. if NATO wanted expand that badly, why Ukraine and Georgia already isn't in it ? ;)

ye but contrary to the USSR, those states are joining by own will not by force ...

in short name all states which joined USSR and Warsaw Pact on free will w/o threat :)

btw. if NATO wanted expand that badly, why Ukraine and Georgia already isn't in it ? ;)

Because in the years before France and Germany were in opposite to US politics that these countries should join NATO, the US played its role in Georgia and Ukraine already no worry.

because Germany and France betrays other countries for sake of their corporations in Russia

nations should be independent and self-deciding, Germany and France behave like for example central europe is without this right but should belong to Russia if not USA

countries like my have history made of fights with Germany and Russia , occupations of Germany and Russia,

so such countries want to be in NATO to feel more secure when Putin sends green man abroad,

we had Russification era in our history when Russians came and were forcing us to use Russian language

if in 2030 we gonna have civil war in EU due to "sharia" lovers, maybe we will say that Putin was right :/ i am afraid that in 20 years because of his politics Russia will be only superpower and will "take care" about us here

maybe it is "NWO" plan, to make here mess in EU and convince people to beg for dictatorship in sake of safety

You just drag your vicious little biases into every thread you can, don't you.

Didn't you notice what Russia's response to the Charlie Hebdo murders was? In Russia the cartoonists were the criminals for hurting people's feelings. And Putin's greatest ally is Ramzan Kadyrov, who is forcing women to wear the veil.

So tell me some more about Europe being the weak one.

The Polish foreign ministry has banned a biker gang linked to Russian President Vladimir Putin from entering the country.

The ministry added that it had informed the Russian embassy in Warsaw that the lack of information meant "it could not ensure proper security for the participants".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32452276

I'm not sure it was the right decision... Can feel a coming shitstorm rising in the Russian media, also Russians will have a good excuse for their actions towards Polish bikers visiting Katyn and other sites of genocide.

Our bikers stated many times they never experienced any trouble from Russian side, moreover Russians were always kind and helpful.

I think this decision was based on what German have decided.

Germany cancels Russian Night Wolves bikers’ Schengen visas

Read more on UNIAN: http://www.unian.info/world/1071128-polish-foreign-ministry-germany-cancels-russian-night-wolves-bikers-schengen-visas.html

Fuck we are not Germany, Russians should be at least allowed to lay flowers on graves of soldiers that have fallen on Polish grounds. No big deal, but a small step in fixing broken relationships.

Fuck we are not Germany, Russians should be at least allowed to lay flowers on graves of soldiers that have fallen on Polish grounds.

issue is other

they should have right to put flowers but they made trick

they NOT gave needed details to Ministry of Foreign Affairs that are neccessary to get visa

so it was TRICK from Russia

it looks following:

- i want to go to your city to put flower on grave of my grandfather

- i need to buy ticket for train to go there

- i am not paying for ticket for train, i am not allowed to take seat in train,

- i am accusing you that you do not allow to put flowers

- than i shout in TV that i will not give up and i want to put flowers but you are evil and forbid me

Night Wolf members NOT fulfilled formal lacks which were necessary to obtain visas

they made a lot of noise that they go there,

than they not fulfilled formal lacks - to make propganda movement

read our Ministry of Foreign or Internal Affairs press conference about it

Russian side not sent number of people and names of people that want to cross border, they made it specially to tell now in their TV "Poland blocked us to put flowers on graves", they (Night Wolves) refused to show number and identities of people to cross border , which was formal lack about which they were informed (according to spokeperson of Ministry of F/I Affairs)

http://wiadomosci.wp.pl/kat,1025895,title,Polskie-MSZ-Nocne-wilki-nie-wjada-do-Polski,wid,17482354,wiadomosc.html?ticaid=114bf4

listen to press conference - of course it is not in English

they simply made it on purpose to use it in propanda, it is trick, they refused to give personal data and number of people to cross border in their convoy, they refused to be registered, they thought they will play green men here "we are noone, we do not have any name, we do not have any documents"

case is simple - when you not show documents to policeman - policeman holds you to check your identytity on station to verify who you are

they other issue is - if they would move through our country gently and polite without showing forbidden by the law symbols - cause as you know , in Poland propagation of communism is as forbidden as propagation of nazism, we treat praising Stalin as praising Hitler - at least in legal theory, because both nazism (Third Reich Germany) and communism (USSR) promotion is forbidden and treated as criminal act (except for reenactment),

if they were trying to cross border with big Stalin portrait - they would be hold from other paragraph

they made a lot of noise about their visit - and the same time they not fulfiled formal lacks - so it was planned propaganda trick

if it was not propaganda trick - they would not made noise about their visit, they would put all necessary documents, get visas, put flowers on graves, returned back to Russia and noone would notice it

they were 2 times in our country to put flowers

so they KNOW what documents are necessary , they were planning to be here for THIRD time, but silly this time they "forgot" what documents are necessary but THIS time they managed to inform all TV stations about their visit saying they will beat us if we beat them and saying other provocative words ?

for 2 visits they were not making any noise, any provocations, they had all documents, what a coincidence, isn't it ?

moreover - night wolves answered they not care about Polish statement and they will start ride , so what ? they plan to cross Polish border by force against our Border Guard ?

Edited by vilas

But we don't know the details behind their itinerary and presented information behind the visa process, it was all political since the beginning and government was panicking almost like Night Wolves were a panzer battalion. I rarely believe what our Berlin-dependent government says, especially in such sensitive matters.

The smartest way was to let them through, without making fuss about it and show them that Poland isn't a place where Russians are skinned alive and shit. Their media only wait for scandals to fuel up the bad blood.

Edited by Sudayev

normal rally of Russians who want to set flowers was allowed many hours ago (car ride)

only Night Wolves gang is not allowed cause they were acting very provocative , other Russians who are not skinhead-like do not have problems to enter Poland,

http://wiadomosci.wp.pl/gid,17471451,kat,1342,title,Rosyjski-rajd-wjechal-do-Polski,galeria.html

news is from 21st April, so they have no problems and they ride since 3 days it seems, simply they do not make problems unlike Night Wolves which were very active in Crimea, there was even told they commited kindapping and they are suspected of some crimes in Crimea,

Russians who just travel are always welcome , Russians who want to play (or who even were ) "green men" aren't

so there are 2 rides:

- one - peacefull - no problems, almost no present in media,

- Night Wolves - provoking speach before they enter, accused of crimes in Crimea during Russian invasion (hijacking Ukrainian army officers on territory of Crimea) - only one problematic and only one presented loudly in media,

Edited by vilas

A couple days ago, Russia announced amnesty to criminals who are serving a sentence of up to 5 years. All this in relation to 70th Victory Anniversary.

Putler really needs some public support, doesn't he?

(Russian) http://www.newsru.com/russia/24apr2015/amnesty70.html

Of course, political prisoners were not pardoned.

very nice gesture to those who for example had burglary and month ago their robber was sentenced for 3 years of people who were beaten on the street by crimnal who get 2 years sentence and they have to see that criminal week later free, or for beaten wife who finally get rid of alcoholic husband and she thought she has 2-3 years break and ...

i never understand such things as amnesty for criminals

and of course what about Ukrainian Airforce pilot kept illegally by Russia

Edited by vilas

Don´t forgett that pardoning so many prisoners also helps to save the state a shitload of money. What looks like an act of forgiveness may in fact be a meassure to pay other bills.

Don´t forgett that pardoning so many prisoners also helps to save the state a shitload of money. What looks like an act of forgiveness may in fact be a meassure to pay other bills.

And additionally free up some space in prisons. Last I heard about russian prisons was that they are totally overcrowded.

normal rally of Russians who want to set flowers was allowed many hours ago (car ride)

only Night Wolves gang is not allowed cause they were acting very provocative , other Russians who are not skinhead-like do not have problems to enter Poland,

http://wiadomosci.wp.pl/gid,17471451,kat,1342,title,Rosyjski-rajd-wjechal-do-Polski,galeria.html

news is from 21st April, so they have no problems and they ride since 3 days it seems, simply they do not make problems unlike Night Wolves which were very active in Crimea, there was even told they commited kindapping and they are suspected of some crimes in Crimea,

Russians who just travel are always welcome , Russians who want to play (or who even were ) "green men" aren't

so there are 2 rides:

- one - peacefull - no problems, almost no present in media,

- Night Wolves - provoking speach before they enter, accused of crimes in Crimea during Russian invasion (hijacking Ukrainian army officers on territory of Crimea) - only one problematic and only one presented loudly in media,

The Night Wolves were barred from entering as a group, but this won't stopping them from crossing the border individually. They are doing this already and Polish MC is going to accompany them along the way in Poland. Once behind the border they can form up the column. They will enter Germany on the same terms.

It only shows the decision of not allowing them to enter as group was pointless, it also triggered Russian propaganda machine and unfavorable commentaries, not to mention boosting up Night Wolves publicity.

First part

Those pro Putinists are fucking crazy, especially that last guy...

I just came here to say that this Project Network is a Hitlerjugend clone.

One could make a parodie about it with changing the Putin theme to a Hitler one and it would still fit perfectly.

Other god, same system and yet the Ukraine guys are the evil nazis in the eyes of russia...:j:

Russia's Putin: US agents gave direct help to Chechens (BBC&Guardian)

Vladimir Putin has accused US agents of directly aiding rebel fighters in the second Chechen war.

Intercepted calls showed that the US helped separatists in Russia’s North Caucasus in the 2000s, Russian president Vladimir Putin claimed in a new documentary in which he underscored his suspicions of the west.

Following a disastrous war in the 1990s, Russia fought Islamic insurgents in Chechnya and neighboring regions in the volatile North Caucasus.

“They were actually helping them, even with transportation,†Putin said.

Putin said he raised the issue with then-US President George W Bush, who promised Putin he would “kick the ass†of the intelligence officers in question. But in the end, Putin said the Russian intelligence agency FSB received a letter from their “American counterparts†who asserted their right to “support all opposition forces in Russiaâ€, including the Islamic separatists in the Caucasus.

The first, devastating war with Chechen separatists ended with Russian troops forced to withdraw in 1996.

Three years later, Mr Putin launched a second campaign vowing to "wipe out the terrorists".

The war was punctuated by attacks within Russia by Chechens, including the Beslan school siege in 2004 that left more than 300 people dead.

The revelation fits President Putin's often-repeated narrative of a Russia that sought strong ties with the West as equals after the end of the Cold War, only to be constantly deceived and rebuffed.

"Even I thought that with the end of the ideological barrier in the form of the Communist Party's monopoly on power, things would change radically," Mr Putin says.

"But it turns out […] there are geopolitical interests not linked to any ideology at all."

Putin also expressed his fears that the west wishes Russia harm as he recalled how some world leaders told him they would not mind Russia’s possible disintegration.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32487081

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/26/putin-us-helped-north-caucasus-separatists-russia-bush

Edited by oxmox

Yeah that´s their baseline rhetoric they use all the time. The evil west wants to destroy Russia, only Putin can help us.... :j: