mistyronin

Russia General

Yes. LEOs in peaceful city aren't ready for attack 24/7. Unlike their colleagues in Ingushetia and Dagestan. You know, Chechnya is rather calm place for several years already.

I´m happy to hear that.

Just to add a bit of humor to the thread, how does a Russian soldier save a cat from a tree?

LOOOL Smashed a window, wasted a roll of TP, scared the shit out of a poor cat, fell a tree, made the tree fall on the powerline, and electrocuted the cat in the end. Most stupid guy ever!

yep that one go's in the epic fail section lol, poor cat hanged on for dear life,but eventually made it to the ground alive, shows that stupid ppl live anywhere.

love the part he had to go beg for a axe after his bottle and rope didn pull the tree close enough.

yep that one go's in the epic fail section lol, poor cat hanged on for dear life,but eventually made it to the ground alive, shows that stupid ppl live anywhere.

love the part he had to go beg for a axe after his bottle and rope didn pull the tree close enough.

I think he tried to shake the cat off the tree.

(RFE) Independent Siberian TV Channel Faces Shutdown

Tomsk TV-2, which is widely seen as one of the most respected and professional regional television stations in Russia for the last 23 years, has been informed by the city's state-monopoly television broadcast center that it will cease transmitting the channel's signal as of January 1.

Although the reasons behind the threatened shutoff remain murky, it comes against a background of state pressure against activists, nongovernmental organizations, and nonstate media in Russia by both national and local authorities.

(The Spectator) The difference between real journalism and Russia Today

It looks like a news channel. It talks like a news channel. It says whatever Putin wants

0028c35063.jpg

B4gq-lOIYAExNFB.jpg

Bloomberg - Brent Crude Drops Below $65 as OPEC Sees Less Demand

Brent fell below $65 for the first time in more than five years as OPEC cut the demand forecast for its crude oil to a 12-year low. West Texas Intermediate dropped as U.S. inventories grew.

Futures in London declined as much as 4.9 percent to $63.56, the lowest level since July 2009 and 45 percent below the 2014 peak. OPEC reduced its projection for 2015 by about 300,000 barrels a day to 28.9 million in its monthly report today. U.S. crude inventories rose to the highest seasonal level in weekly data that started in 1982, the Energy Information Administration said.

( Bloomberg ) Medvedev Enlists Russian Companies in Bid to Halt Ruble Drop

Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said the government is urging large companies to even out their sales of foreign revenue as officials try to stem the ruble’s slide to a record and the central bank weighs a second straight interest-rate increase tomorrow.

“A sizable weakening of the ruble isn’t advantageous for the economy in the long term,†Medvedev said in an interview with Russian television. While currency depreciation benefits the budget, it’s detrimental in a “strategic sense,†he said.

Check the data from RT, and have in mind that a dollar costs today already 55.28 rubles, so almost twice as in January '14, and keeps dropping.

http://rt.com/files/news/34/1b/70/00/ruble-1.png (214 kB)

Update:

( CNBC ) Russia central bank hikes rates as ruble tanks

The Central Bank of Russia (CBR) raised its key interest rate by 100 basis points on Thursday in an effort to support its currency, which has fallen over 65 percent against the dollar this year.

The Russian ruble hit an all-time low of 55.46 against the dollar following the announcement. The central bank raised its key interest rate to 10.5 percent and warned about the future of Russia's embattled economy.

( Bloomberg ) Russian Firms Lost Billions on Ruble Derivatives, Interfax Says

Edited by MistyRonin

(Al Jazeera) Chechnya, Russia and 20 years of conflict

Twenty years ago on Thursday, Moscow started what it thought would be a "blitzkrieg" against secular separatists in Chechnya, a tiny, oil-rich province in Russia's North Caucasus region that had declared its independence.

But the first Chechen war became Russia's Vietnam; the second war was declared a victory only in 2009. The two conflicts have reshaped Russia, Chechnya, their rulers - and those who oppose them.

(BBC) Russia Baltic military actions 'unprecedented' - Poland

Defence Minister Tomasz Siemoniak said most of the activity was in international waters and airspace and Sweden was the country most affected.
Edited by surpher

The Euro broke 70 rubels by the way. We are at 71,5457631 rubles according to Google at the moment.

If this trend continues I´ll be doing my Christmas shopping in Russia.

Well I´m 1700km away, but if I find a cheap Plane ticket...

Is there something like a Russian Amazon that delivers to Germany?

B4q4GWzCMAAgjwo.png

Holy crap, Oil-prices are getting out of hand. And since I last posted a few hours ago the ruble dropped to 72,72 rubles per euro.

2bb89aaa55.JPG

Edited by beastcat

Holy crap, Oil-prices are getting out of hand. And since I last posted a few hours ago the ruble dropped to 72,72 rubles per euro

From my very own point of view, that's a very good news :)

Well, I told you so... the next year will be a desaster for the Russian economy and it will take some time to recover from that. Wealthy people transfering money out of Russia or exchanging for Euro/Dollar didn´t even come into full effect yet. When it does it will be desastrous. No Investors for the Russian economy....

Putins only way to avoid that is by immediatelly making complete Peace with Ukraine to ensure that the sanctions are lifted and that Investors return.

From my very own point of view, that's a very good news :)

Shame that I can't drive my motorcycle in winter ( f*** snow ). But I'd do a very long trip with that prices...