mistyronin

Russia General

Putin set aside

Just like with local politics...

In germany, when an opposing party member speaks, the other fractions not in alliance with it reads newspaper, jawns, talks with his neighbours. While the opposing party members clap vehemently for every statement the one talking gives. Then everything is flipped around when another party member speaks. If you dont do that as a party member you will get trouble with your own party. Same here.

( Bloomberg ) Russia Seen as Greatest Threat in Poll as Oil Erodes Putin Power

Russia poses the biggest security risk to world markets and will be the biggest loser from the drop in oil prices, according to a Bloomberg Global Poll of international investors.

Asked which of five possibilities posed the greatest risk to global financial markets, 52 percent of participants chose the Russia-Ukraine conflict. Twenty-six percent cited Islamic State, while Ebola barely registered with 5 percent. The U.S. was seen as the most likely beneficiary from lower crude prices.

“The Russia-Ukraine situation is more dangerous as we have a sovereign state, which is trying to increase its power by creating chaos both through threatening actions of war,†Mikael Simonsen, chief sales manager for cross asset sales at Nordea Bank in Helsinki and a poll respondent, said by e-mail. “This might impact the common thinking of how developed we are today, and impact the risk premium.â€

iUSt86qTuEUU.png

There was never any secret to Churchill being very, very anti-Soviet and anti-Stalin. He sparred very heavily with FDR on how to deal with Stalin. (And of course, there's the unproven notion popular in Russian circles that it took so long for the Allies to invade France primarily to let the Wehrmacht keep killing itself on the Eastern Front and chew the Soviets up with them.)

Worth noting that the Russians had done very well imposing THEIR will on Eastern Europe, refusing the return of the old Exiled governments in Poland and Czechoslovakia, and shipping masses of Pro-western politicians, soldiers, partisans, etc. to the Gulags (or worse, see the Warsaw uprising.)

It was entirely reasonable for the UK to plan for war with the USSR then. (Do you think the USSR had no plan for invading Western Europe after the war? Did they have no plan for responding to a Allied attack?) As for prolonging it? No. More like bringing it to a quicker conclusion. The USSR had been considered an Enemy to the West longer than Hitler had. One of the core goals of Communism was it's spread world wide. A marriage forced at the barrel of a gun wasn't going to change that.

About the oil price graph:

Notice that Saudi Arabia isn't very far into the red.

That's because they are aiding the price drop in order to squeeze the profits of shale oil producers in the U.S.

They are worried about the energy production boom in the states and want to make fracking uneconomical.

If Russia suffers, they don't care. They're on the opposite side of every Middle East divide anyhow.

It was entirely reasonable for the UK to plan for war with the USSR then. (Do you think the USSR had no plan for invading Western Europe after the war? Did they have no plan for responding to a Allied attack?) As for prolonging it? No. More like bringing it to a quicker conclusion. The USSR had been considered an Enemy to the West longer than Hitler had. One of the core goals of Communism was it's spread world wide. A marriage forced at the barrel of a gun wasn't going to change that.

In fact that was the reason of Operation Overlord ( the Normandy's Disembark ), to open a subfront in Europe to reach Berlin before the USSR. Germany would have fall anyway against the USSR. Hitler and Stalin plans were quite similar, invade all Europe and annex the other countries as vital space to empower their nations. In fact it's what Russia did after WW2, instead of liberate them as the Allies did.

Funnily enough it's what Putin is doing at small scale, annexing parts of Georgia, Ukraine, etc. ( for now ).

Seems that Putin is losing completely his mind ( the little that was left ) :

( The Guardian ) Putin claims west is provoking Russia into new cold war as ‘spies’ deported

“Nato and the United States have military bases scattered all over the globe, including in areas close to our borders, and their number is growing,†Putin said.

In fact its the opposite, the US has reduced a lot its bases around the Globe due to lack of money. Just compare the US bases abroad today and 10 years or 20 ago...

“You want the Ukrainian central authorities to annihilate everyone there in eastern Ukraine,†Putin said. “Is that what you want? We certainly don’t. And we won’t let it happen.â€

In this point, he shows that he lost all touch with reality. Putin provokes a conflict that has caused 4.000 casualties in both sides in 8 months ( way less than any other recent conflict ), and he calls that annihilate? In fact the Ukrainian Gov is the one that lost more men and equipment...

And if former USSR puppet countries have asked to join NATO was precisely to avoid falling against under Russian hands. To keep their freedom.

Seems that Putin is losing completely his mind ( the little that was left ).

So loooonnnelly.....

g141115b.jpg

(FT) Object 2014-28E – Space junk or Russian satellite killer?

For the past few weeks, amateur astronomers and satellite-trackers in Russia and the west have followed the unusual manoeuvres of Object 2014-28E, watching it guide itself towards other Russian space objects. The pattern appeared to culminate last weekend in a rendezvous with the remains of the rocket stage that launched it.

the german news reported, that obama speaks "clear text" about russia by saying "You Don't Invade Other Countries" and "putin is dangerous for the world".

(Source: http://www.focus.de/politik/ausland/ukraine-krise-obama-redet-klartext-mit-putin-man-marschiert-nicht-in-andere-laender-ein_id_4277628.html)

now, these words coming from obama ? LOL. i mean, seriously ? the U.S Government are the biggest joke in history, telling others to not invade other countries, but are himself bombing the shit out of other countries. the USA exist since over 235 years but they are since over 209 years IN WAR and they (the U.S Government, not the people) say to others that they should stop invade other countries and that others are dangerous for the universal peace? the U.S Government took part of most of the wars happening or even startet them.

xb4ebffcc2.jpg

us-interventions-since-ww2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pQMauOm.jpg (265 kB)

the german news paper "BILD" released an article with this picture:

3,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg

source: http://www.bild.de/politik/ausland/wladimir-putin/fakten-check-zum-putin-video-38601996.bild.html

now, where is such a picture for obama who lied about libya, syria and ukraine (who helped terrorists and right wing extremists) ? why dont they release such a picture with bush who bombed afghanistan and iraq for a lie (9/11 which was an inside job and weapon of mass destruction), why dont they release a picture of merkel, guttenberg who lies about afghanistan and sending german troops there with the excuse "for the security of germany" and "for bringing peace" when germany was never attacked by afghans or al-CIAda before we send troops there? the german troops are doing nothing more than fighting for the interests of the governments, banks and weapon industries. it has nothing to do with germany´s security or helping afghans.

this is not about "the one is good, the others are bad", it is about "before you show with your finger to others, remember, 3 fingers are pointed to you".

who stop the terrorist government of the USA ?

who stop obama ? who stop merkel ? who stop our newspapers and news agencys which spread only bullshit ?

oh please dear americans, screw the bloody dictatorship of the USA, they spy to you, they lie to you, they bomb other countries and excuse them with lies.

Edited by havatan19

OK, once more for the unimaginative. Just because someone does something bad it is not OK for others to do the same.

And this thread can be merged with the Russia thread...

OK, once more for the unimaginative. Just because someone does something bad it is not OK for others to do the same.

And this thread can be merged with the Russia thread...

quote from my post:

this is not about "the one is good, the others are bad"

i mean the same as you. so we both have a point we agree.

First as Tonci said there is a Russian General thread precisely to avoid having 100 threads about Russian news.

BTW I think you missed some facts:

- How many countries have the US annexed after WW2?

- How many of those military operations were signed by the UN SC? ( without Russia vetoing them )

- How many Russian or USSR operations were approved by the UN SC?

- How many of those US operations involved also more than 10 countries?

- How many of the Russian past wars involved anyone else?

Putin's actual expansionist policy is a clone of Hitler or Stalin in the 38-39. Completely selfish and without any kind of regard for other countries. Unlike the US.

You may agree or not with the US reasons to take some of the operations ( I disagree in a good bunch ), but they followed the International Law and protected a lot of countries' interests unlike Russian ones.

Havatan, Russia has had much more wars (especially invasions and annexations) in it´s history than the US.....

And please, don´t read the Bild... Just ignore it´s existence....

Two hundred and nine? Dang....we have a lot of catching up to do if we're going to match any of Europe throughout history.

I wonder how many of our conflicts begin with asking for our help...seems to be a bit of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" for the US.

Seems that Putin is losing completely his mind ( the little that was left ) :

( The Guardian ) Putin claims west is provoking Russia into new cold war as ‘spies’ deported

In fact its the opposite, the US has reduced a lot its bases around the Globe due to lack of money. Just compare the US bases abroad today and 10 years or 20 ago...

I think this sounds quiete interesting, could you please post a link about such comparisons of US bases around the Globe is shown today and 10/20 years ago ? So far I have seen only maps about numbers of countries in which the US military is deployed and actually reports about upgrades or new bases in the Asien region.

I think this sounds quiete interesting, could you please post a link where you have seen such comparison of US bases around the Globe is shown today and 10/20 years ago ? So far I have seen only maps about numbers of countries in which the US military is deployed.

In a fast search:

Category:Closed military installations of the United States

Although the best way to compare is to use a reports that the US DoD releases with a full list of all the bases and funds. They have cut the military budget more than a half. That's why they also canceled a lot of programs ( specially post Cold War ).

In a fast search:

Category:Closed military installations of the United States

Although the best way to compare is to use a reports that the US DoD releases with a full list of all the bases and funds.

Great, thank you. And where did you got informations about which new bases were build or existed in the time frame to make a comparison ?

Edited by oxmox

Havatan, Russia has had much more wars (especially invasions and annexations) in it´s history than the US.....

And please, don´t read the Bild... Just ignore it´s existence....

i hate the BILD, i just read sometimes to see what lies they spread but only on theyr website, i would never spend any cent to theyr newspaper.

US DoD annual release, all military bases are listed. Have fun.

Well you give them money by going on their website, so simply stop it?

US DoD annual release, all military bases are listed. Have fun.

This would be a very interesting comparison but I thought you get it from some articles or something. Thx for the links and infos.

Alright, here is the comparison between 2004 and 2013 (just general numbers and not country specific; I guess the oversea sites were also higher because of the wars in the middle east)

Pentagon’s 2004 Base Structure Report

4,702 military bases ( Total Sites)

860 military bases (Oversea Sites)

http://www.defense.gov/pubs/20040910_2004BaseStructureReport.pdf

5,059 military bases (Total Sites)

598 military bases ( Oversea Sites)

http://www.acq.osd.mil/ie/download/bsr/Base%20Structure%20Report%202013_06242013.pdf

Even with less total oversea sites the deficit spendig did raise.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bb/U.S._Defense_Spending_Trends_2001-2014.png

And about the NATO since he did mention US & NATO, well I dont think we need to present a comparison since its clear that more NATO countries close to Russia means also more NATO military close to Russia.

Edited by oxmox

nato-russia-war.jpg

the irony :)

i hope that russia wipe out the NATO, merkel, obama, the white house, rasmussen (idiot) and the imperialist plague. when obama and his puppets would hide in my house, i would welcome it if russia bomb it, even when they wouldnt pay the damage, atleast the plague is eliminated :D and all the bundeswehr, U.S etc soldiers who believe and support obama, merkel, NATO etc should go fight and die for theyr interest, theyr stupidness would die with themself.

i hope that russia wipe out the NATO, merkel, obama, the white house, rasmussen (idiot) and the imperialist plague. when obama and his puppets would hide in my house, i would welcome it if russia bomb it, even when they wouldnt pay the damage, atleast the plague is eliminated :D and all the bundeswehr, U.S etc soldiers who believe and support obama, merkel, NATO etc should go fight and die for theyr interest, theyr stupidness would die with themself.

We're grown ups here, trying to have a mature discussion.

Edited by ProfTournesol
typos

http://caravantomidnight.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/nato-russia-war.jpg

the irony :)

It´s been a long time since someone on this Forum has managed to completely destroy his credibility in only a few hours. :rolleyes:

It´s been a long time since someone on this Forum has managed to completely destroy his credibility in only a few hours. :rolleyes:

aha. when imperialist plague like obama, merkel etc wants to wipe out a government which is not a western puppet (and they have the capacity for it) and starting wars with lies over and over again, then they doesn´t destroy theyr credibility (atleast western media manipulated guys like you still believe them), right ? ;) very logical :D