Sign in to follow this  
Westonsammy

What do you want to see in the expansion?

Features or content?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Features or content?

• I want to see features prioritized over content
    • I want to see content prioritized over features
    • I want to see a balance of both features and content

1. -Animations, we lack a lot of animations. I would love to see the mags when the guy reloads instead of seeing the mag just when it's attached. The animation for bolt rifles, for medical assistance, FATIGUE... just i.e.'s of a long list.
  2. -A propper fatigue system, with propper animations, and propper sway
  3. -A decent damage system. for infantry and vehicles. I would love to see that the armor changes between face and mask, or between the front part of the vest and the side ones that doesn't give protection behind the arm...
    Also the vehicle damage system. In this game, you crash a hunter into a pick-up, and you will both explode instantly. Come on, it's so hard to blow up a car without explosives. Would love to see this fixed.
  4. -Car handling and physics, at the moment, the car handling and physics are pretty poor.
  5. -A more woodish, and green map. I am bored of the dry greek altis.... i simply cannot play it anymore...
  6. -As i read over there, ballistics would be great.
  7. -And also, imho, i would love to see not so much futuristic gear. Like a more normal csat, without those respirators and star trek helmets... one pair of normal tactical glasses without a tv screen there... you know... :bb:
  8. -------But all over this, i think it's pretty clear. OPTIMIZATION. This game priority is the optimization, and it's going to be 2 years, and still people with huge machines, struggle to get constant framerates...

Unfortunately it sounds like #8 would have to be weighed against #1-7...

Seeing how its not in the DLC.

BOLT action rifles and more importantly bolt action animations for modders to utilize.

Even better, manual bolting like in Red orchestra 2.

haha you love your bolt action rifles don't you.

I don't understand why you constantly get downvoted on reddit though

haha you love your bolt action rifles don't you.

I don't understand why you constantly get downvoted on reddit though

Im a bit abrasive.

- Simple Multiplayer Save/Load feature like in ArmA 2. I still can't play long missions with a friend because of it.

- Women

- Civilian Module or something.

A VON overhaul, that makes use of the in game Radio of the Arma series since it's beginnings. The Radio would have the capabilities to switch between a wide rage of frequencies, and clear comms would be effected by distance, and object interference. Each faction would have it's own locked Frequency, that would replace Side Chat. When activating the push to talk in game for VON, there would only be the Radio and it's frequencies, however, the side/global/direct/group chat will be left for text communication purposes. Also, no lag. At all. I want crystal clear comms.

Well basically this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL-WXs2lpbM

compared to this:

It's time to get the urban landscape up to par with modern militaty conflicts -especially as far as the AI is concerned. This means maps that fully support AI ability to better utilize urban shooting positions. Yes burnt out car shells and sign posts are better than OFP's, but most modern urban firefights happen from interiors and often from small, concealed positions ie windows, doorframes, holes in walls. Windows need to offer a small camoflauge aspect as pertains to glare, reflections etc..for as it is, any AI inside near a window stands out as if he was plainly outside - a killer to ambush opportunities.

The building position nodes need a full upgrade as the all too sticky and way too obtuse placement of them can be more of a hindrance than anything. The sticky aspect should be replaced by a "point there -go there" with a distinction given for different building floors. Nodes should be in place for distinct window, doorway covering with added lean outs/ups incorporated as well. this would signifigantly improve urban combat imo/

Women(!!), Motorcycles, Bikes, Civilian Stuff ... and Children (one can dream)

I'm hoping for furniture. It was excusable on Altis, but since BI showed on Chernarus+ that furniture is possible without a huge FPS hit, there really is no excuse any more not to include it.

Not sure how applicable Chernarus+ framerate furniture in DayZ SA is, considering how under-the-hood different that is... unless you're talking about a video of Chernarus+ brought (against license) into A3? (Dwarden revealed on Skype that their team gets more "radical overhaul" leeway because of it being in alpha still, unlike what the Arma 3 devs can do at this point.)

A quick run-through of my list. Obviously aimed at BIS :P

Top of my list is women - even better if involved in the campaign! If not now, when?

Islands/ Worlds

I'm pretty much always pleased with the new islands/ worlds etc. Just keep up the standard. Larger scale is better for more diverse game-play.

Rock textures should match the ground texture (or vice versa) - Ie. Bedrock geology dictates the type of soil/ sediments that form.

If not caves, more rockshelters would be good (if terrain is appropriate), just for things like user made campaigns etc.

More user-friendly tools for terrain creation would be good.

Definitely add to and make the most of diving - such a hugely under-tapped resource!

AI

Some form of civilian behaviour module.

Better AI driving!

Different doctrines between factions (ie. FIA less organised, looser formations etc.). Infantry disembarking more fluidly (no raised weapons if not under fire, immediately running if they are)

More coordination between AI groups (ie. if a group sees another group under attack they won't just continue to stand there. If under sniper fire, the whole group should move into cover, not just the leader ordering everyone else).

Additional comments from AI (ie. helicopter pilot/ copilot saying that everyone is dis/embarked. Perhaps Copilot/ gunner giving height comments when landing.)

Generally, I'd like to see more features for things we already have -

Why not make the camo nets deployable?

Put crates into vehicle cargo?

FCS for Aircraft, tanks.

Damage to vehicle optics - You've just made a Marksmen DLC - finish it off!

As more of a SP player;

I'd actually advocate using real events as inspiration, with your character or characters weaved into the story.

More showcases for different features, with replayability in mind - ie. appropriate weapon selection in briefing, a little randomisation of locations maybe.

In the campaign - a little more detail in briefings would be good - added military jargon, markers etc.

Perhaps a little more back-story - rather than just a quick cutscene, perhaps prequel missions to set atmosphere and the tone of the campaign. Sometimes the most interesting missions are the ones to support the larger objectives - reconnaissance, demolition, logistics etc.

If another FIA/ Resistance/ SF campaign, perhaps viewed from more of an officer role - the more Manhattan/ free roam style missions (that affect outcome) the better. Perhaps with the option to organise larger groups, call for resupply, vehicle drop etc.

Edited by Callsign
Addition

Different doctrines between factions (ie. FIA less organised, looser formations etc.). Infantry disembarking more fluidly (no raised weapons if not under fire, immediately running if they are)
Hmm, do we not have the ability to set "doctrine" per-faction yet?
I'd actually advocate using real events as inspiration, with your character or characters weaved into the story.
I guess you weren't here for the aftermath of the Greek incident...
the more Manhattan/ free roam style missions (that affect outcome) the better.
Ahahahaha... a dev basically said that yeah, they're not even going to attempt Manhattan again.

Hmm, do we not have the ability to set "doctrine" per-faction yet?I guess you weren't here for the aftermath of the Greek incident...Ahahahaha... a dev basically said that yeah, they're not even going to attempt Manhattan again.

In short, no, all sides use the same tactics at present. They should be different per NATO/ CSAT / FIA doctrine.

Yes I was here for the Greek incident (and started the series in 2001) - that's why I said 'inspiration'.

They used the free roam missions in the Arma 3 campaign...